Suggestion: LFR loot

100 Human Priest
you want to compete by doing LESS then those you are wanting to compete with are doing?

That doesn't sound like a very fair competition at all.

No, I want *neither* of us to be able to do extra stuff for an advantage. Which keeps it fair.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
No, I want *neither* of us to be able to do extra stuff for an advantage. Which keeps it fair.

Harrison Beurgeron

You want everyone brought down to the lowest level, because the lowest level doesn't move up

Challenge modes being pointless, was bad enough.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/1/2012 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
you want to compete by doing LESS then those you are wanting to compete with are doing?

That doesn't sound like a very fair competition at all.

Sorry, but telling players to stop doing stuff they enjoy and have time to do that you don't enjoy and dont have time to do is unreasonable.

Stop trying to compete with players that are not like you who have time and want to do extra stuff.

Compete with players like you who dont have time and dont want to do extra stuff.
Edited by Zaxan on 12/1/2012 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/01/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Zaxan
Sorry, but telling players to stop doing stuff they enjoy

I think that you'll be hard pressed to find a hardcore raider who enjoys having to kill a boss on LFR because it won't drop the piece they need on normal or heroic, we do it cause we feel compelled to, not because we enjoy it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
12/01/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Mistabings
you'll be hard pressed to find a hardcore raider who enjoys having to kill a boss on LFR because it won't drop the piece they need on normal or heroic
You mean it won't drop RIGHT when you want it to...that doesn't mean you HAVE to raid another raid and HOPE gear drops from there RIGHT when you want it to as well...you just WANT to.

And since you WANT to, there is NO issue.
Edited by Zaxan on 12/1/2012 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
You mean it won't drop RIGHT when you want it to...that doesn't mean you HAVE to raid another raid and HOPE gear drops from there RIGHT when you want it to as well...you just WANT to.

There are bosses that require gear to kill.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

There are bosses that require gear to kill.
All bosses require gear to kill, that doesn't mean the gear will never drop. That poster is just impatient.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
All bosses require gear to kill, that doesn't mean the gear will never drop. That poster is just impatient.

Theoretically, you can go for infinity without seeing an item because it's a chance.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
12/01/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Postonforums

Theoretically, you can go for infinity without seeing an item because it's a chance.
I have yet to see ANY raiding guild cry about never being able to progress to a higher tier of raid because of lack of gear while a raid is relevant - once you hit a certain iLv, you can move on, and that means you don't need every slot filled in every raid member from one raid in order to progress to the next raid, just the iLv met and be skilled
Edited by Zaxan on 12/1/2012 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Harrison Beurgeron

You want everyone brought down to the lowest level, because the lowest level doesn't move up

By "brought down to the lowest level," you mean "success in raiding is dependent upon you doing well at raiding instead of being influenced by grinding out dailies," sure.

Do you think using steroids in professional sports is a good idea too?

12/01/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Zaxan
Sorry, but telling players to stop doing stuff they enjoy and have time to do that you don't enjoy and dont have time to do is unreasonable.

They don't enjoy doing it, they feel compelled to do it to every advantage they can.

Here's a nice blog post for you to read:

http://balkothsword.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-ring-vendor-on-optional.html
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
12/01/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Balkoth
They don't enjoy doing it, they feel compelled to do it to every advantage they can.
Not being able to stop yourself from doing something you don't want to do is a personal problem, not an environmental problem.
Edited by Zaxan on 12/1/2012 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
12/01/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Zaxan
Not being able to stop yourself from doing something you don't want to do is a personal problem, not an environmental problem.

It is when it's designed to be like that.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

It is when it's designed to be like that.
No one comes to your home and forces you to play the content in WoW that you don't want to play.

Therefore, you personally CHOOSING to play the content in WoW that you don't want to play is YOUR problem, not anyone else's.
Edited by Zaxan on 12/1/2012 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
12/01/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Balkoth
By "brought down to the lowest level," you mean "success in raiding is dependent upon you doing well at raiding instead of being influenced by grinding out dailies," sure.

In the current world, as I've said before, all the "casual" gearing options, casuals cry are too much work, and raiders get stuck being required to do them.

Gearchecks, DPS enrages, and mechanics are all important, The Enrage mechanics in this tier have been the most prevalent I've seen in a long time, and it's very highly because of the easy to get gear, not being a choice, but being assumed.

12/01/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Zaxan
Therefore, you personally CHOOSING to play the content in WoW

ya, I'm Choosing to play wow

I'm choosing to breathe

Heck, we're choosing to post on forums.

Everythings a choice with your current logic, but I'm not gonna stop breathing because I can choose not to.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/1/2012 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
12/01/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Postonforums
I'm not gonna stop breathing because I can choose not to.
exactly, you only gonna choose to stop breathing if you are FORCED to (IE: have no OTHER choice) or if you WANT to...you choosing to stop breathing when you are NOT forced to and you dont want to means you have a personal problem, just like you have a personal problem when you choose to do ANYTHING you dont want to when you are not FORCED to, including playing content in WoW when you dont want to, or running when you dont want to, or eating when you dont want to, etc...
Edited by Zaxan on 12/1/2012 6:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
exactly, you only gonna stop breathing if you are FORCED to (IE: have no OTHER choice) or if you WANT to...choosing to stop breathing when you are NOT forced to and you dont want to means you have a personal problem, just like you have a personal problem when you choose to do ANYTHING you dont want to when you are not FORCED to, including playing content in WoW...

You realize you just proved my point, trying to invert my logic, right?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
12/01/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Postonforums
exactly, you only gonna stop breathing if you are FORCED to (IE: have no OTHER choice) or if you WANT to...choosing to stop breathing when you are NOT forced to and you dont want to means you have a personal problem, just like you have a personal problem when you choose to do ANYTHING you dont want to when you are not FORCED to, including playing content in WoW...

You realize you just proved my point, trying to invert my logic, right?
Nope - no one is forcing you to play content in wow that you dont want to play...therefore you DO have a choice to NOT play it, and if you don't possess the willpower to stop yourself, that is a personal problem.

Players who do not have that problem should not be forced to stop playing content they want to play just to make sure you will be able to stop playing content you dont want to play.

That is like forcing your whole family who have the willpower to eat only one cookie to never eat cookies again all because you dont have the willpower to stop eating cookies.
Edited by Zaxan on 12/1/2012 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Your logic is flawed. It's a fact that you can't please everyone. It's also a fact that some decisions that should be made for the betterment of the game need to happen that sometimes irritate some people. So you can't use the "but I like it!" excuse.

Guess what? I'm casual, and I don't like it. What makes your opinion matter more than mine?

I've proved (as have others) it'd be GOOD for the game to share loot lockouts between lfr/normal/heroic. You've just said "But but... I don't want to!"
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
12/01/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Ghatok
some decisions that should be made for the betterment of the game
Forcing players to stop doing something they enjoy and have time to do is NEVER going to be better for the game, UNLESS they are a very small minority.

And only Blizzard can figure that out.
Edited by Zaxan on 12/1/2012 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
You've just said "But but... I don't want to!"
We have BOTH said this.

I do not want to STOP being able to enjoy the game as it is.

You want to be FORCED to stop playing the game as it is because you lack self-control AND you want to force OTHER players who do not have a lack of self-control to stop playing the game as it is as well.

Which of those sounds reasonable?

If you choose the second, then should I advocate for Blizzard to force YOU to stop playing the parts of the game that you want to play just because I don't want to play them?
Edited by Zaxan on 12/1/2012 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]