Just realized something about them cards...

90 Worgen Warlock
So, as of cata I have been herb/scribe and since I chose this toon to be my main in MoP I decided to switch to ench/jc but before I do that I want to get a nice little nest-egg out of my current professions and so I was doing some research about the DM cards and I was shocked to see that to make a card you need a scroll of wisdom. This puts a HUGE hold on my plans, I assumed I could grind a ton of herbs and mill them down to the rare inks and make hoards of cards at a time, but now I see the max cards you can make in a week is 14(counting weekly quests plus the daily CD). I mean, I guess I can fill in the gap with buying other scribes' CDs and buying cards from the AH but this puts my perspective profits at a much lower margin. I am in no way saying that the scrolls should not be on CD, because they should, but I would expect at least some sort of vendor trade of scrolls to SoH so that I have some wiggle room not to mention a way to control my card making, i mean SoH are in no way common but at least I can somewhat farm them. Maybe like a trade of 3-5 SoH for a scroll? Just my two cents
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
The cooldown is the only reason the cards are so profitable.

Although I think 3-5 spirits of harmony for a scroll would be fair. :O
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
WISH GRANTED.

There's a repeatable quest out in Jade Forest that has you make a painting. It requires 5 spirits of harmony to make, and the reward for it is... a scroll of harmony!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/02/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Yablik
a scroll of harmony!

huh
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Yeah but the quest is a weekly quest, and I already calculated it into my 14 scrolls a week calculation, as it is one of the 7 you can get from weeklies
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
That quest is messed up. For a weekly it should be 1 SoH = 1 SoW, not 5:1. I could see 3:1, but the quest should probably be a daily as it exists now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/03/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Spelltwister
Yeah but the quest is a weekly quest, and I already calculated it into my 14 scrolls a week calculation, as it is one of the 7 you can get from weeklies

It's a 'weekly' quest in that it's supposed to rotate weekly (it doesn't), but if you turn it in, you'll find that you have it available again immediately, as much as you want to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
WISH GRANTED.

There's a repeatable quest out in Jade Forest that has you make a painting. It requires 5 spirits of harmony to make, and the reward for it is... a scroll of harmony!

Logged in just to ask where this quest is?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
WISH GRANTED.

Logged in just to ask where this quest is?

Thanks

Wowhead > Scroll of Wisdom > Rewarded From > http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31539
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]