So how would you all rank the difficulty?

90 Night Elf Priest
Of this raid tier?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I feel like its perhaps a bit more difficult than previous non-Dragon Soul tiers on normal mode, but not by much. Some bosses stood out more so than others but I think just having to slug it out with 16 bosses as opposed to around 8-10 probably makes it *feel* harder just because you spend more time learning mechanics.
Reply Quote
As a whole too hard.

attendance has been anemic at best.

Go listen to the last Legendary, US progression has been HORRIBLE.
Edited by Sarosha on 12/2/2012 8:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
As a whole too hard.

You might just be, as a whole, too bad at this game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/02/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Mneme
As a whole too hard.

No might be about it.

This tier is a rollercoaster of difficulty it seems. MSV is super easy, HoF is pretty difficult for normals, and ToES is fairly easy. Can't speak for Heroics since I've only done a few.
Reply Quote
I think Stone Guard is too difficult of a first boss for your run of the mill startup guild. There is a lot going on that can be very overwhelming to newer raiders, and if you make a mistake with a swap at any point in the fight it's likely going to wipe you unless you are fairly well geared. To add to this, LFR doesn't teach newer raiders how to do this fight at all, since people just stack all 3 and ignore the mechanics entirely.

As a result I think the biggest issue this raid tier is that for newer, less experienced players it is very difficult to get into raiding outside of LFR without feeling very discouraged by the very first boss. Of course gear from LFR eventually makes this less of an issue, but I just think the very first boss should have been simpler to ease people into it.

For me personally, I've really been enjoying this raid tier, we had a slow / rough start at first, shaking off the rust of not playing for about 8 months, but now that we're back into it's been a real blast, and I'm looking forward to going through more heroic fights.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You learn through wiping so even if its too hard for a tier, its only making you better. Facerolling through encounters isn't going to make you get any better, your just gonna get use to it being easy and not try as hard as you should.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
The normals are no joke this time around.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Wínning
You learn through wiping so even if its too hard for a tier, its only making you better. Facerolling through encounters isn't going to make you get any better, your just gonna get use to it being easy and not try as hard as you should.

This is only true if the players are determined to spend enough time wiping to push through and not give up and just gear out in lfr then say, more content please.

I have 2 characters that are nearly 480 geared already and though that doesnt sound like much.

I can virtually guarantee that the ilevel for the next LFR will be 480.

Hof/toes LFR drop 483, take 3 away you get 480, so its a pretty safe bet that the entry for 5.2 LFR will be 480, they might go 483 because of valor upgrades but it will be somewhere around that.

So if you dont plan to normal/heroic raid, 480 your done... thats it.. your ready for 5.2

SG and Elegon need specific nerfs on normal and the progressive buffs should take care of the rest..

Im sad to say many of the hardcores are right, LFR is almost replacing normal mode raiding, I thought both players and blizzard would do a better job of moving people into normals but blizzard overreacted to DS and made the raids too hard.
Edited by Sarosha on 12/2/2012 12:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Sarosha
raids too hard.

Players too bad.
Reply Quote
raids too hard.

Players too bad.

Im sure being unhelpful, insulting and generally well just not contributing to the post.

And didnt you just post this.

raids too hard.

Players too bad.

12/02/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Mneme
As a whole too hard.

Just trying to start an argument?
Edited by Sarosha on 12/2/2012 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Im sure being unhelpful, insulting and generally well just not contributing to the post.

And didnt you just post this.

Just trying to start an argument?

The problem is, you don't want to be helped. You just want things nerfed.

Except despite all the arguments I have listened, my gear is all mostly correctly geared and enchanted... yes yes we can sit here all day arguing about mr robot, icy veins, inc bear, and Sj and which is best, self simming and all that. Such as some guides say Collosus and some say windsong...

But even after doing the raids, they feel too hard in the modern game...

Read the full post there, like it or not LFR is here to stay and blizzard will not let it fail, with that being a given, what do you do with people who are geared 3 months in on a 7 month tier.

I figure tier 15 will be around march/april

What is the LFR player supposed to do for these next 4-5 months if not move into normals?
Edited by Sarosha on 12/2/2012 12:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Stone Guard and Feng should have their places swapped. Guard is just too hard for an entry boss.

Otherwise it's been pretty good. It's been hard without feeling impossible.

also sarosha, you seem to be stuck on elegon. not a hard fight.

drag adds out of the circle, reset stacks, blow up the orbs.
kill the pillars, kite the adds while snaring/stunning/slowing them.
repeat.
then blow boss up.

the only reason anyone should find him hard is if they can't push the numbers to kill the boss, in which case it's an "l2p" issue, not a "too hard" issue, as he's been killable since day 1 by literally thousands of guilds, so it's not a gear issue.

and before you try to say "but those are the best guilds, it's too hard for me"- then get better. don't beg for it to get easier, get better.
Edited by Wisemuffins on 12/2/2012 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Get better or quit has never worked as an argument.

I know you didnt say that you just said get better, but the only possible extropolation of that is if you cant get better quit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Sarosha
What is the LFR player supposed to do for these next 4-5 months if not move into normals?

Gear up alts.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

I know you didnt say that you just said get better, but the only possible extropolation of that is if you cant get better quit.

Why can't "get better or quit be" be an argument? People like you constantly asking for this game to be dumbed down to cater to your extremely low level of skill ruin it for the rest of us. And don't even try to argue that you are not bad, you are fooling yourself if you think you are even average.
Reply Quote

Why can't "get better or quit be" be an argument? People like you constantly asking for this game to be dumbed down to cater to your extremely low level of skill ruin it for the rest of us. And don't even try to argue that you are not bad, you are fooling yourself if you think you are even average.

Because the last time they tried it, players quit in droves...

I think you are fairly delusional where the skill of the LFR raider is at.

one word Garalon....... that is all.
Edited by Sarosha on 12/2/2012 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Macadelic
Why can't "get better or quit be" be an argument?

It can be an argument. However, if enough people choose the "quit" option, it's not an argument that Blizzard is going to like.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]