So how would you all rank the difficulty?

100 Pandaren Monk
12/02/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Zenway
Been stuck on Stone Guard for like 2 months. So uh, pretty difficult.

How are you doing the tank swaps ? We also were stuck on Stone Guard for quite some time til we decided to do it as 'main tank' 'off tank' thing where I always have two in front of me (allowing the melee to always focus on one side of the room with me) and the other tank to always have one on him. We would swap to make sure that I always had the paralyzing and the one that just overloaded always and it worked really well. We found it easier than having our melee especially have to run across the room to get to the other side if that's where the two dogs were especially when there is chains.

Basically I pull two and if one of mine starts paralyzing when they hit about 50 energy we swap the non-paralyzing one for the one the other tank has and then swap to make sure that I always have the one that is paralyzing and the one that just overloaded. If the first one to paralyze is the one that the other tank has we swap right away then when cooldowns are ready again we swap again to make sure I get the lowest and the paralyzing one. The first situation is pretty easy but the second takes some practice.

This allows our melee to deal strictly with the two in front of me and not worry about the other one at all. They can target either as they have a shared health pool and just burn them down.

edit :

For the pull I am always on the side with two dogs and he is always on the side with one. I pull them back and walk them up and down the side of the room beside the gold line of the carpet while he does the same with the one on the other side to stay in range for taunts. Ranged and heals just hang out in the center and move out of stuff on the ground with the whole carpet as their play area.
Edited by Somaliu on 12/2/2012 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I'd say the normal modes seem to be tuned pretty well for an organised team who knows what they are doing and are willing to put in some effort.

There's a few outliers like elegon and maybe garalon but they are really only gear checks when it comes down to it.

One thing I've really noticed this expansion is the player power increase from week to week, 2 months in and its still happening and will happen for a while longer as people complete tier set bonuses, legendary gem weapons and upgrade their bis gear with valor.

I remember feeling a bit daunted at the start of the tier at 16 bosses but it really isn't that bad at all and heroic modes will keep us going until 5.2 probably.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
So far so good. I'm able to down stuff in a 6 or so guild group (I'm one of the pugs, albeit a semi-regular one) and we can get bosses down like so:

Feng - last kill, DPS(e) ranged from 75k (myself) to 45k. I was almost doing 45k in my DS lfr gear. I have 1 piece of normal gear (my helm) and that's it. That's also running to mid every other epicenter (Is that a normal tactic? I dunno. But it's what we do.)

Garaj - I had to take the first 2 spirit realm/totem things, so that jacked my dps, but my dps(e) was 71k, our lowest was 30k. This, and feng, were both 1 shots.

Spirit kings - I space-cadeted and blew myself up (twice) so we wiped a few times, but once I pulled my head outta my butt and we killed it my dps(e) was 70k. Lowest was 44k.

We didn't get elegon down, but to 55%. This, again, in a 6/10 guild raid group that doesn't even raid every week, and pugs almost half the members. They also have a hard-stop at 1am est, so only raid once a week for about 3 hours. Link to wol:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p2bm9axch5atq8ok/

If a hodge-podge casual group like this is able to kill these bosses (and 1 shot most of them) pre-nerfs, I can't even start to believe this tier is hard.
Edited by Ghatok on 12/2/2012 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/02/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Sarosha
Just trying to start an argument?

S/he is just stating facts.
Reply Quote
Just trying to start an argument?

S/he is just stating facts.

Not one single horde guild on my server has completed Hof normal...

Not one....

only 2 or 3 have completed MSV

So your esentially saying every single player on an entire server is bad........

Lets see how long that flies.....

This server is 200 out 250.... so it gets better, every player on every server below this is bad too, and probably the 50 above it too..

So everyone who is on a server below about 150 should just quit now.... I wonder how well thats going to fly with blizzard.
Edited by Sarosha on 12/2/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/02/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Sarosha
Because the last time they tried it, players quit in droves...

It was worse when they made things way too easy.

Not one....

So that means this tier is too hard? that just means guilds on your server are incredibly bad.
Edited by Naumu on 12/2/2012 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Naumu
Because the last time they tried it, players quit in droves...

It was worse when they made things way too easy.

Not one....

So that means this tier is too hard? that just means guilds on your server are incredibly bad.

So your saying every single person on my server and any server less progressed should quit?

Do you really think blizzard is willing to lose 1/4 or more of their players?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
12/02/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Somaliu
Basically I pull two and if one of mine starts paralyzing when they hit about 50 energy we swap the non-paralyzing one for the one the other tank has and then swap to make sure that I always have the one that is paralyzing and the one that just overloaded. If the first one to paralyze is the one that the other tank has we swap right away then when cooldowns are ready again we swap again to make sure I get the lowest and the paralyzing one. The first situation is pretty easy but the second takes some practice.

Tried that. Tried everything. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm pretty certain that the removal of jasper chains and/or the cooldown on life grip is the only way we'll get to see anything past Stone Guard.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/02/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Sarosha
So your saying every single person on my server and any server less progressed should quit?

How in the world did you even come to type this? your way of thinking is beyond me. And those numbers again....seriously....quit with the random numbers *you think* is right. Also, I read it wrong and thought you said MSV (no idea why, maybe cause I'm watching streams) instead of HoF, but still not a single guild has cleared it? that's bad.
Edited by Naumu on 12/2/2012 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
12/02/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Sarosha

That's due to them not trying or not having enough recruits, elegon is as hard as anything in HOF in appropriate gear.

Will making much easier raids reinvigorate a dead server? I'd say probably not, its a separate issue not related to difficulty of content.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Naumu

How in the world did you even come to type this? your way of thinking is beyond me. And those numbers again....seriously....quit with the random numbers *you think* is right.

Well didnt you just say every guild on my server is bad?

also didnt you subscribe to the get better or quit..

What other conclusion could I possibly draw?
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Sabod

That's due to them not trying or not having enough recruits, elegon is as hard as anything in HOF in appropriate gear.

Will making much easier raids reinvigorate a dead server? I'd say probably not, its a separate issue not related to difficulty of content.

No but it will keep the people on dead servers from leaving in frustration.

Right now if your on a dead server if you arent willing to transfer, LFR is your only progression and thats 3 months tops.

So play every 3 out of 7 months?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/02/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Sarosha

How in the world did you even come to type this? your way of thinking is beyond me. And those numbers again....seriously....quit with the random numbers *you think* is right.

Well didnt you just say every guild on my server is bad?

also didnt you subscribe to the get better or quit..

What other conclusion could I possibly draw?

Similar to how every player may not be bad in a bad guild, not every guild may be bad on a bad server.

Anyway, because they haven't cleared HoF doesn't mean their bad. They could just be more casual - like my current guild. We could be doing a LOT better, but we only raid on average 4 hours a week since launch (scheduled 6 but hasn't been working out)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Sarosha;
People aren't all quitting the game because they have to push buttons on their keyboard to down bosses.

You play on a roleplaying server, it's entirely possible not enough people on your server care for progress, and they're busy sitting in Goldshire enjoying the game their way.

Much like how you called gettng a belt buckle too hard (Til I mailed you one from a level 5), you're misconstruing the difficulty involved this tier, you made the point yourself that you didn't start raiding til VERY late, so your progression will be behind... Do you expect to start the race 7 weeks late and keep up with even the slow pokes?
Edited by Postonforums on 12/2/2012 5:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/02/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Dayuv
Anyway, because they haven't cleared HoF doesn't mean their bad. They could just be more casual

The top and third guild on Sarosha's server (3rd guild has cleared it by the way) both raid 4 days a week, the second is on 2 days a week.
Edited by Naumu on 12/2/2012 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
12/02/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Sarosha

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/cenarion-circle

Eternal sorrow has completed it, and the other guilds are on empress, which is honestly one of the easier fights in there on normal.

Also, reading through those forums, that guild is incredibly casual in the true sense of the word, since everything I see them publically displaying is incredibly laid back.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/02/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Zenway
I'm pretty certain that the removal of jasper chains

I don't understand...is this a troll? and if it's not....people can't just stand together.......? that's ALL you do on normal. You don't even have to break them ever even if Jasper Pet was up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Should try it when Jasper isn't present, then.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Breaking chains is more work than not, since they just reapply, it's more movement and damage to break than just deal with them.

Only time it's a big deal is if all your tile runners get it on heroic, and even then you can improvise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]