So how would you all rank the difficulty?

100 Pandaren Monk
12/02/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Zenway
Basically I pull two and if one of mine starts paralyzing when they hit about 50 energy we swap the non-paralyzing one for the one the other tank has and then swap to make sure that I always have the one that is paralyzing and the one that just overloaded. If the first one to paralyze is the one that the other tank has we swap right away then when cooldowns are ready again we swap again to make sure I get the lowest and the paralyzing one. The first situation is pretty easy but the second takes some practice.

Tried that. Tried everything. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm pretty certain that the removal of jasper chains and/or the cooldown on life grip is the only way we'll get to see anything past Stone Guard.

Trick to chains is to ignore them unless it's a ranged / melee joined up then break them on jasper paralyze. If it's melee/melee or ranged/ranged then just leave them for the whole fight. Once a certain number of people are chained nobody will get chained anymore. If a healer and a ranged DPS get chained the DPS should become the healers shadow, two ranged DPS just stick together and if ranged gets chained to melee they should run in and when jasper paralyzes the ranged runs back out to break the chains. Once you have ranged / ranged and Melee / melee chained together ignore them.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Right now if your on a dead server if you arent willing to transfer, LFR is your only progression and thats 3 months tops.

So play every 3 out of 7 months?

So all content needs to be balanced around dead and dying servers, rather then servers with a healthy or at least not completely dead community? Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Fix the underlying problem with server mergers or whatever rather then create new problems.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Sarosha, are you saying that all normal content should be completed by now?

Cause just cause it's not complete, doesn't mean people aren't progressing. This isn't LFR, you shouldn't expect normal modes to fall over dead by the worst guilds in the first 3 months.

Using my own example again, when I first started with these guys, we couldn't down the first msv boss. But we moved on, and started wiping on the second. Then the third. The fourth, and now the 5th. I'm pretty sure that's considered progress.
Reply Quote
Right now if your on a dead server if you arent willing to transfer, LFR is your only progression and thats 3 months tops.

So play every 3 out of 7 months?

So all content needs to be balanced around dead and dying servers, rather then servers with a healthy or at least not completely dead community? Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Fix the underlying problem with server mergers or whatever rather then create new problems.

They seem unwilling or unable to fix the server issues.

At that point the only option left to us is server transfers, (which some of us arent willing to do) or nerf calling (which some of us are willing to do)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

At that point the only option left to us is server transfers, (which some of us arent willing to do) or nerf calling (which some of us are willing to do)

Or re-rolling, or learning the fights with your group, or finding new ways to get people to come to your server and play with you (recruitment ftw) etc.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
12/02/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Sarosha

You're not fixing the issue yourself
Reply Quote

Or re-rolling, or learning the fights with your group, or finding new ways to get people to come to your server and play with you (recruitment ftw) etc.

Rerolling has the same issues as transfering and NO ONE moves to a dead or dying server.
Reply Quote

You're not fixing the issue yourself

Um what would you like me to do, go to their server farm and start jamming the servers together with duct tape?

Yes you can complain about my gear or my play, but you cant ask a player to do what the devs cant do.

The one concession Ill make is I recently started raiding with a non guild group that is really good and have made alot more progress than I would have thought.
Edited by Sarosha on 12/2/2012 9:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
The nerfs will come. Thats why they made the Cutting Edge achievements. Once the nerfs start rolling in, normals will get easier.

On a good note the Cutting Edge achievements will be unable to obtain in T15.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Um what would you like me to do, go to their server farm and start jamming the servers together with duct tape?

Yes you can complain about my gear or my play, but you cant ask a player to do what the devs cant do.

The one concession Ill make is I recently started raiding with a non guild group that is really good and have made alot more progress than I would have thought.

Reroll.

Complaining your server sucks means you have 4 options
quit
reroll
transfer
Keep playing and complaining the whole way through.

I played on a server much like yours (It actually mirrors it heavily as far as progression), and I still play there on occasion as I love the server itself and the atmosphere, but raiding off that server has been one of my best decisions I've made in this game.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/2/2012 9:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Sarosha ignores my posts when they don't suit his argument. That's amusing.

The kid who wants to get picked on syndrome continues.
Edited by Ghatok on 12/2/2012 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sarosha ignores my posts when they don't suit his argument. That's amusing.

The battered wife syndrome continues.

Not ignore just didnt have a good answer

Im not really sure where progression should be at the moment.

but something isnt right...

Maybe Feng and Garajal are allright.

but Stoneguard and Elegon are broken as all get out.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
They're not broken, the only reason you and others think that is because you have to *GASP* think! a little bit. It's actually hilarious because on normal I just stood in one spot the entire fight, well small-ish area, and didn't know what was going on other than chains, it was completely faceroll. The first week. And the DPS requirements for 10n Elegon are joketastic, always have been, and if you don't have the DPS now - GL then on a similar fight. SG is also a joke for tanks, so don't go thinking it's hard whatsoever for anyone.
Edited by Naumu on 12/2/2012 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight

Stoneguard should be the 4th boss, Spirit Kings should be first (normal, not talking heroic)

Elegon is perfect, it is the "badual wall" at which point you start needing to improve or wait for nerfs, since they're already built into the game, that argument works.

I wouldn't call them broken though.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Naumu
They're not broken, the only reason you and others think that is because you have to *GASP* think! a little bit. It's actually hilarious because on normal I just stood in one spot the entire fight, well small-ish area, and didn't know what was going on other than chains, it was completely faceroll. The first week. And the DPS requirements for 10n Elegon are joketastic, always have been, and if you don't have the DPS now - GL then on a similar fight. SG is also a joke for tanks, so don't go thinking it's hard whatsoever for anyone.

we really dont know the attempt rate on SG, because only blizzard knows that.

But
Stone Guard: 31696 (97.99%)
Feng the Accursed: 29641 (91.63%)
Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: 27024 (83.54%)
Four Kings: 25857 (79.94%)
Elegon: 16468 (50.91%)
Will of the Emperor: 14891 (46.04%)

The dropoff between spirit kings and Elegon really proves its no joke, a 30% dropoff is HUGE. and only a 4% dropoff to Wote

Now lets analyze this a little

There is only an 8% dropoff to Feng and 4% to Wote

Which means that pretty much every guild that kills SG, kills Feng, and every guild that kills Elegon kills Wote....

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok: 18095 (55.94%)
Blade Lord Ta'yak: 13062 (40.38%)
Garalon: 9108 (28.16%)
Wind Lord Mel'jarak: 7129 (22.04%)
Amber-Shaper Un'sok: 5416 (16.74%)
Grand Empress Shek'zeer: 4538 (14.03%)

More guilds have killed Zorlock than have killed Elegon and most groups that kill zorlock kill Tayak.

So im suspecting Garalon normal is another roadblock.
Reply Quote

Stoneguard should be the 4th boss, Spirit Kings should be first (normal, not talking heroic)

Elegon is perfect, it is the "badual wall" at which point you start needing to improve or wait for nerfs, since they're already built into the game, that argument works.

I wouldn't call them broken though.

Feng, Spirit kings, Garajal, SG, Wote, Elegon

That would have been the better order for a smoother transition.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
if 90% of people who killed stoneguards killed wote, it's an issue, that content is too easy and people will have nothing left to do.

Also, Although HOF is technically a higher level, it is intended to be slightly parallel on progression.

50% clear-rate is really perfect.

I guess the only thing I'd say is that Feng/Gara'jal and especially normal RNG kings should be a little harder so it transitions to the 50% mark, not mostly on Elegon.

Being stuck at Elegon is average, people before are below, people after are above, really nice boss to be the median, full of mechanics, a 10 minute enrage, and really good checks on both individual (orbs) and raid DPS.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/2/2012 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
if 90% of people who killed stoneguards killed wote, it's an issue, that content is too easy and people will have nothing left to do.

Also, Although HOF is technically a higher level, it is intended to be slightly parallel on progression.

50% clear-rate is really perfect.

I guess the only thing I'd say is that Feng/Gara'jal and especially normal RNG kings should be a little harder so it transitions to the 50% mark, not mostly on Elegon.

Being stuck at Elegon is average, people before are below, people after are above, really nice boss to be the median, full of mechanics, a 10 minute enrage, and really good checks on both individual (orbs) and raid DPS.

We are really stuck on Elegon, absolutly can not make the transitions after the orbs, tanks are taking too much damage from gathering the adds

The Dps is actually looking on track if we could make the transitions.

Zorlock will go down next week no doubt, we got him sub 10% twice in 5 pulls.

My other raid is absolutly stuck on SG...... just can not make smooth tank transitions, which is really funny because I make them fine with the other raid and we 1 shot it ever time, for the life of me I just dont get it.

Your being suprisingly communicative and helpful tonight.

Yeah the 50% clear rate is fine, everyone stuck on SG or Elegon is NOt fine.
Edited by Sarosha on 12/2/2012 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
12/02/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Sarosha
We are really stuck on Elegon, absolutly can not make the transitions after the orbs, tanks are taking too much damage from gathering the adds

They shouldnt be taking damage, hint, Kite, stuns, slows, don't let those hit, they're not meant to be "tanked"

My other raid is absolutly stuck on SG...... just can not make smooth tank transitions, which is really funny because I make them fine with the other raid and we 1 shot it ever time, for the life of me I just dont get it.

Get new tanks, or get them to learn the encounter.

don't say it's too hard because 1 or 2 people in your raid don't care.

Heck, I've killed stoneguards with explosions going off as part of the strat, it's slightly luck based, and not easy on the healers, but possible.

Back to elegon, 2 protectors in p1, 3 in p2, and ~4 stacks is what you should be shooting on dps wise, the timer is really hard to gauge because of how phase transitions are designed.

But also, helps a lot with add control if the pillars go down close to together, adds speed up spawn and damage is higher for every pillar down
Edited by Postonforums on 12/2/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

Then you are taking waaaay too long to kill the pylons, which probably means you don't have the DPS to kill him.

everyone stuck on SG or Elegon is NOt fine.

wut. Why is it NOT fine to be stuck on Elegon? why MUST it be as high as the jokes that are 1-4 bosses?
Edited by Naumu on 12/2/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]