Totem Nerf Didn't Kill Enh/Ele

90 Orc Shaman
All it did was make it painfully obvious to everyone that silencing an Ele/Enh Shaman shuts them down completely.

Before Totem Nerf I'd rarely get silenced.
After, it's almost always.

PS: I'm not a PvP hero, just started with Mists and I'm still enjoying it... Just.... not as much :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
People did not really want an enhance shaman, now people really dont
Reply Quote
Predictably, I believe that people are silencing me much more now as enhance. It may have not been a cost effective tactic before the nerf to silence enhance, but people certainly seem aware of its power now.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Shaman
Maybe if people didn't blatently complain about the nerfs so much, it wouldn't be so well-known.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'm not complaining about it :) It's just a good thing I'm not super huge on PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/02/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Rude
Maybe if people didn't blatently complain about the nerfs so much, it wouldn't be so well-known.

And how is Blizzard going to be aware of how bad the nerf is if we do not complain about it?

And to the OP, it killed our competitiveness compared to other classes. Also as an Ele we don't even need to be silenced to be steam rolled. Trust me its painfully obvious trying to gear this alt.
Reply Quote
I just posted about this a few minutes ago...

Painful does not describe it ... does it get better at higher lvls?

I get silenced and thats it get rolled right away and cant do anything but watch
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Re-rolled from a Warrior, believe it or not, it is so funny and stupid how in bg's I get counter spelled or silenced by numerous classes for no good reason. As soon as i engage its as if they all have me as a focus target. I enjoy a challenge and being an underdog but damn this honor gear grind is a pain!!!

I enjoy this class, I really do, leveling this toon from 1-90 in like 3-4 days played was fun but dayum! Freekin punks sure love to take advantage of a class's misfortune. Thankfully, these dudes probably will never do well in arenas/Rbg's if they waste a silence on an enhance shaman, not that I will ever be invited to a team now /:
Reply Quote
68 Pandaren Monk
12/02/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Rude

Maybe if I'm in a car wreck and get a severed artery, if I don't complain I won't bleed to death.
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Monk
12/02/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Taern
Predictably, I believe that people are silencing me much more now as enhance. It may have not been a cost effective tactic before the nerf to silence enhance, but people certainly seem aware of its power now.

I swear even on the rare time I got in on RBGs it was a painfully obvious tactic to silence/train the enh shaman.

Now it's just more obvious due to the nerf.

I haven't tested it, did they add SR while silenced? I'm guessing no.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
silence wasn't as big of a problem and frustratingly noticable and not as often seen as it is now, is cause we was able to drop totems while silenced before.

Since that patch, resto has been by far the easiest healer to kill, and elemental has been by far the easiest kill of all the classes (even with a healer)

12/02/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Thuggo

That could be our next buff, blizzard will delete all the forum threads the mention shamans, if no one comments on how they work, no one can complain about them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I just posted about this a few minutes ago...

Painful does not describe it ... does it get better at higher lvls?

I get silenced and thats it get rolled right away and cant do anything but watch

No, it doesn't get better. Other classes just get more abilities to torture you with.
Edited by Taoism on 12/3/2012 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]