Sylvanas Queen of the Horde

90 Human Warrior

Lol No...

Sylvanas would plague everything in sight. Sylvanas is just as bad if not worse then Garrosh atm.
How did you manage to go from evil dictator to plaguing everything in sight? I mean really plaguing the lands just makes them uninhabitable for the Horde and makes the Horde unable to obtain resources and soldiers, two things needed for the destruction of the Alliance. Until the Alliance is destroyed the Horde are pretty much safe from harm and that Sylvanas has an obligation to ensure that the Horde prospers so that its military prospers as well.

No Sylvanas would keep going and destroying everything. You act as if Sylvanas is a good person. She is not, she'll destroy every innocent person from the Alliance, even the children or brainwash them to grow up and turn into Forsaken whatever.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
How did you manage to go from evil dictator to plaguing everything in sight? I mean really plaguing the lands just makes them uninhabitable for the Horde and makes the Horde unable to obtain resources and soldiers, two things needed for the destruction of the Alliance. Until the Alliance is destroyed the Horde are pretty much safe from harm and that Sylvanas has an obligation to ensure that the Horde prospers so that its military prospers as well.

No Sylvanas would keep going and destroying everything. You act as if Sylvanas is a good person. She is not, she'll destroy every innocent person from the Alliance, even the children or brainwash them to grow up and turn into Forsaken whatever.
I'm not saying Sylvanas is a good person, I'm saying that she's intelligent and that she'll do anything to stay alive. Now in order for her to do that, that ties in with her being a good leader, because if she's a good leader she can ensure the Horde populace is happy which will prevent an uprising, and by keeping them happy they can bring in new soldiers to help her to defeating the Alliance.

And if she conquers the Alliance then only the Horde would be the primary superpower in the world, and then at that time she could do whatever the hell she wants with it. You need to stop looking at this one dimensionally and think about how if you were in her position what you would do instead. If she wants the Forsaken to be in control of the entire world she will have to destroy the Horde and the Alliance, but in order to destroy the Alliance she needs the Horde's support. She's not going to arbitrarily throw away the entire political organization of the Horde simply because she's evil.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Apologies in advance for greentexting outside 4chan but-

12/02/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Vynathlon
I'm not saying Sylvanas is a good person, I'm saying that she's intelligent

>intelligent
>trusts Varimathras
>trusts Godfrey
>CURSE YOUR SUDDEN YET INEVITABLE BETRAYAL

Sylvanas plumbs new depths of meaning behind "too dumb to live."
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req

>intelligent
>trusts Varimathras
>trusts Godfrey

Right and I guess that Ranger General of Silvermoon and centuries of military experience means nothing to you then?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

>intelligent
>trusts Varimathras
>trusts Godfrey

Right and I guess that Ranger General of Silvermoon and centuries of military experience means nothing to you then?

And yet she trusted A GOD DAMNED DREADLORD. I get Sylvanas is not a good character(Alignment wise) but at least be smart about it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/02/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Vynathlon

Trusted dreadlord, argument is invalid.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
If you think about it though her so called unwise decisions really did benefit her. While she trusted Varimathras, she did manage to conquer the majority of Lordaeron, and the repercussions landed on the Alliance and Horde instead of the Forsaken. Later when she trusted Godfrey she stopped the Gilnean invasion as well at the cost of her own life which was renewed and gave her superior confidence in the Val'kyr. I mean really, her two unwise decisions led to two of the Forsaken's main weaponry that really makes a difference against the Alliance. If she never allied with Varimathras she never would have obtained her plague. You guys are really underthinking this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
We're not underthinking this. Trusting a Dreadlord is bound for trouble. That didn't help conquer Lordaeron... Godfrey hardly helped the invasion heck it was the Horde PC player that *helped* more then Godfrey.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
12/02/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Lorthuron
We're not underthinking this. Trusting a Dreadlord is bound for trouble. That didn't help conquer Lordaeron...
So you're saying that if she hadn't of trusted Varimathras that she still would have discovered the plague?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
We're not underthinking this. Trusting a Dreadlord is bound for trouble. That didn't help conquer Lordaeron...
So you're saying that if she hadn't of trusted Varimathras that she still would have discovered the plague?

What does the plague have to do with anything? Varimathas had nothing to do with discovering of the plague.
Edited by Lorthuron on 12/2/2012 10:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/02/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Lorthuron
What does the plague have to do with anything? Varimathas had nothing to do with discovering of the plague.

He had a forsaken mage snag plague spores from Naxxramas in the ashbringer manga but there's no sign Sylvanas couldn't have had deathstalkers do that :P
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req

He had a forsaken mage snag plague spores from Naxxramas in the ashbringer manga but there's no sign Sylvanas couldn't have had deathstalkers do that :P
idk, he was acting on Varimathras's behalf. If he wasn't around for it, it's likely that no one would have gotten the plague spores. Also Putress was working for Varimathras. With Putress being the Grand Apothecary in charge of the development of the plague, there's a pretty good chance that if Sylvanas had never allied with Varimathras that the Forsaken never would have invented the plague. And then because of this they likely wouldn't have expanded their borders through Hillsbrad Foothills into the Arathi Highlands.

Where she lost her reputation to the rest of the Horde and lost one of her prized servants, she gained a great majority of land and a powerful weapon. Do try to remember that Varimathras was pretty much considered her pet. The only thing that she didn't do with him was kill him. You guys are really blowing things out of proportion by saying that she was incredibly stupid because she "trusted" him.
Edited by Vynathlon on 12/2/2012 11:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Or she could've killed Varimathras early on and any number of things he's done to keep himself relevant or to keep her from replacing him or whatever never happen and the forsaken are the healthier for it.

Or Sylvanas gets along just fine without him. Heck Putress might actually be loyal to her if she'd just killed Varimathras earlier on.

Or, crazy idea, she sends him to the blood elves and they suck the life out of him and give her some of the magical doodads made from his essence to make up for the lack of dreadlord present.

There's any number of branching possibilities.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/02/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Vynathlon
The only thing that she didn't do with him was kill him. You guys are really blowing things out of proportion by saying that she was incredibly stupid because she "trusted" him.

But she is.

She's not a moron simply for using him, which is what you're talking about.

She's a moron for actually having believed he (and subsequently Godfrey) were on her side. Varimathras' betrayal nearly killed her. Godfrey's bullet did. And cost her three of her pacted val'kyr that can't be replaced.

Sylvanas was completely and totally gulled not once but twice. She never expected any kind of stab in the back from a leader of the Burning Legion who bragged to her about how awesome his kind were at lying. Sylvanas is such a !@#$ing idiot that she was totally blindsided by the fact that a literal demon was - wait for it - untrustworthy.

Or, crazy idea, she sends him to the blood elves and they suck the life out of him and give her some of the magical doodads made from his essence to make up for the lack of dreadlord present.

I...

I'm not gonna lie, I kind of wish this was canon.
Edited by Kurze on 12/2/2012 11:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
12/02/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Vynathlon

I'm not really convinced of this. The only thing she's ever done that seemed especially clever was making sure all potential ties with the Alliance were completely severed after the Forsaken settled down. And some people don't think she even did that on purpose (though I do).

There's been a lot of dumb though.
Edited by Aureus on 12/3/2012 12:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah we've had one undead empire before and look how well that turns out for everyone else who isn't dead. I couldn't see the Horde races ever rallying under the forsaken banner. Work with them yes, fight for the Banshee Queen's selfish goals, doubtful.

I mean truthfully as bad as Blizz is trying to make Garrosh (Which they're doing a terrible job at even with his twirly mustache "I'M EVEIL CAUSE I'M EVEIL" moments) Sylvanas has done so much worse things to the Horde/Azeroth than Garrosh has and if the Horde grows tired of Garrosh I cannot see them picking up Sylvanas
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Putting Sylvanas in charge of the Horde would be the quickest way to drive a good number of Horde players away from it forever.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/02/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Vynathlon
idk, he was acting on Varimathras's behalf. If he wasn't around for it, it's likely that no one would have gotten the plague spores. Also Putress was working for Varimathras. With Putress being the Grand Apothecary in charge of the development of the plague, there's a pretty good chance that if Sylvanas had never allied with Varimathras that the Forsaken never would have invented the plague. And then because of this they likely wouldn't have expanded their borders through Hillsbrad Foothills into the Arathi Highlands.

There's no reason to assume she wouldn't have pushed for development of the Forsaken plague with or without Varimathras's aid. I'm not sure how much of a help he actually was in developing it past 'Get it done. Now!'
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Sylvanas was gonna develop the Plague anyway. Practically the ENTIRE Forsaken questline back in Classic was you helping the Apothecaries collect and test new Plague strains on living targets.

Also, believing a Dreadlord is "on your side", in ANY capacity, is asking for a demonic invasion and a dagger between the ribs.

Sylvanas is not only a poor tactician, but a poor judge of character.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]