Help with Ele Rotation

90 Draenei Shaman
Looking for experienced players of elemental shamans to help me out with my rotation? No matter what I do, my DPS is so frigging low. -_- My guild leader suggests that my rotation may need changing, but he's never had an ele shaman so....help?

I know gear helps and that's being worked on as fast as it can, but in the mean time I figured I'd take a crack at this.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Link some logs
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I see a spirit to hit reforge, and something was reforged to crit. This early in gear crit is going to be useless, when you start getting mastery high enough that you really don't need more start getting crit, otherwise hit cap>mastery>haste>crit.

Take a look here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6631904377
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Please let us know what kind of rotation/priority queue you are using currently.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Here you go:

http://www.totemspot.com/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Your rotation is also affected by your tier 6 talent you chose. If you went with elem blast or unleashed elem, then your rotation becomes a bit more complex. I you think you're having trouble with your rotation, you may want to go with primal elem to help simplify things. Make sure that you are timing your CDs with you ascendence as well... That will help give you a solid boost
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
you need to take some time and read the elemental guide sticky.

currently your rotation is probably the least of your problems.

youre in pvp gear, youre using the wrong gems. you have no enchants, you reforged spirit into hit (spirit = hit for ele shamans), you should reforge out of crit not into it, you arent even close to the hit cap, youre using a healer trinket, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Here you go:

http://www.totemspot.com/

Thank you! This is really helpful, I had no idea it existed. :-)

12/04/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Samish
youre in pvp gear,

As I said, gear is being worked on as fast as I can. I also like to do a spot of PVPing every now and then, so I do have a set of PVP gear. I'm in the process of upgrading to some decent raid-level PVE gear so it's a bit all over the place right now.

As for the gems, do you have any suggestions? I thought these were fine, I mean there's an intel. boost from having them in, and it's not like they are geared towards Hunters or Warriors or something, so....?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Not to mention also with mana issues, if you have your lightning shield up, they go away!!! NEVER use water shield as ele
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thank you all so much, you've been really helpful. ^_^ Done me some reforging, got quite a few other things on my list now. Already notice a difference, so thanks :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]