Can't delete new Pandaren... STILL.

(Locked)

45 Pandaren Monk
So I made a Pandaren a few days ago and regret it and after trying to delete it I realized it couldn't be done thanks to the mail from the dev team. I decided to just wait for the 8th anniversary to end instead of leveling through the wandering isle just for the sake of deleting the toon and instead of opening a ticket which would probably take longer. However, trying again today it still wouldn't let me for the same reason, the mail is still there.

Any suggestions on what to do or if this is bugging anyone else? I just opened a ticket but jesus I never thought that deleting a character would be such a hard thing to do.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
30 days from creation is when the mail will expire, not the end of the event.
90 Human Paladin
If you're in a hurry, just do the starting zone and delete the mail once you choose a faction. Otherwise you're gonna have to wait the full 30 days for that mail to be gone.
90 Undead Hunter
Cause an hour is so long right /sarcasm
90 Worgen Warrior
Just create a ticket and ask for the character to be deleted.
90 Orc Death Knight
12/03/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Gutdestroyer

None of the locked starting zones last only an hour.
81 Draenei Warrior
Go

Yeah, because going through an entire zone and leveling up a toon you hate just so you can get your mail is a great gaming experience.

All starting zones, even DK, have mailboxes now. What were they thinking not adding one to Panda's?
90 Night Elf Druid
Your ticket will be answered before the mail expires.

You can finish the starting zone faster than it takes to get a ticket answered (though I understand if you don't want to).

But either of those options will solve your problem. Best of luck to you.
45 Pandaren Monk

Longer than that and sorry if not everybody has nothing better to do than go through 13 or so levels just to delete a character.

12/03/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Timedrill
Just create a ticket and ask for the character to be deleted.

Yeah that's what I asked. To delete the mail or the character. Guess I'll just wait and hope for the best but hopefully they do something about this next time.
90 Night Elf Druid
I do wish they would add mailboxes to the starting areas. At least the pet thing is solved so I don't have to wait 10 levels to have my cute little core hound follow me around, but it still sucks waiting that long to get bags and cash from my main whenever I roll an alt.

There are so many good reasons TO have mailboxes in the starting areas and no good reasons I can think of NOT to.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
If they don't want to put mailboxes in the zone.. a simple solution then for Panda's not to have mail when created. It would keep from cross faction trading and make it possible to delete.
90 Human Paladin
Why so many of these pop up. Why so many get discouraged about the Pandaren race and why do they ALWAYS seem to be in a rush to delete, as if all their slots are filled and they ABSOLUTELY need that extra character...
90 Night Elf Mage
Actually most starting zones do have a mailbox, Wandering Isle is the exception. This is simply because of the lack of faction until the end of the zone.
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/03/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Hippeaux
There are so many good reasons TO have mailboxes in the starting areas and no good reasons I can think of NOT to.

The Pandaren starting area is the only one I am aware of that does not have mailboxes. Due to them being neutral until you get to around level 12 or so.
90 Night Elf Druid
12/03/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Mythox

The Pandaren starting area is the only one I am aware of that does not have mailboxes. Due to them being neutral until you get to around level 12 or so.

I recall being super annoyed and not being able to get my pets with my Worgen character right away. Hopefully it's been remedied since, but it seems like the last few racial starting areas were mailbox deficient.
11 Goblin Shaman
I have a lot of pandas that I can't delete because of mail. I'm just going to leave them until the mail expires.
90 Human Warrior
I recall being super annoyed and not being able to get my pets with my Worgen character right away. Hopefully it's been remedied since, but it seems like the last few racial starting areas were mailbox deficient.

Worgen have a mailbox about two feet behind where the new character spawns. I don't believe it was originally there but was added in during Cataclysm.

12/03/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Glyxana
I have a lot of pandas that I can't delete because of mail. I'm just going to leave them until the mail expires.

Just make a ticket and ask Blizzard to either clean out their mailboxes. I've done it.
Edited by Taelen on 12/3/2012 9:21 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
12/03/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Carnage
Why so many of these pop up. Why so many get discouraged about the Pandaren race and why do they ALWAYS seem to be in a rush to delete, as if all their slots are filled and they ABSOLUTELY need that extra character...

While I tend to agree that the wait for a couple of days for a GM to answer the ticket isn't too bad, bear in mind some of us do have all of their slots filled ;) In my own case I've got two accounts worth filled, and wish they'd just let us have all 50 on one server already.
86 Undead Death Knight
12/03/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Libbieri
leveling up a toon you hate

What causes people to forget about the mail-character deletion mechanic I will never know. Also why create a character you have no interest in leveling?
90 Tauren Paladin
12/03/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Tevinter
leveling up a toon you hate

What causes people to forget about the mail-character deletion mechanic I will never know. Also why create a character you have no interest in leveling?

Name reservation.

I have a panda mage that I wasn't going to level yet, and recently decided to delete it and roll a warrior. I cannot because of the 8th Anniversary mail. So I either wait till the mail expires in a few weeks, or I put in the time to finish the starting zone with a character I plan on deleting as soon as I can clear the mailbox.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]