Racial Instruments;

I thought it would be interesting if Blizzard implemented a /play or /music command and, similar to dance, would have your character pull out an instrument respective to their race and jam out on it. Since aforementioned instrument would be lore-related, the role-playing board was the first place I came to, as you're the authority on such matter. Now I'm wondering what instruments each race would play.

I was thinking Trolls would play an under-arm drum, Goblins would have an electric guitar of sorts...

Anyone else?
Reply Quote
Nooobody?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
There are no bards in WOW. I wish there were a class for it, could give a whole new way to rp. If you want to be a bard, however look at LOTRO.
Reply Quote
I remember bards being mentionned in one of the Argent Tournament dailies (I think the one involving retrieving an enchanted sword or another). There's also that dwarf in Twilight Highlands. Sure, it's not a class (Yet), but I think the instrument emote would be a good idea.

Humans could have an acoustic* guitar, Dwarves could have a violin (Or bagpipes), Gnomes/Goblins could have an electric guitar, Night Elves could have an harmonica (Can't think of anything else).

*Sorry if it's spelled wrong, I can't remember exactly how it's spelled.
Edited by Aeliren on 12/4/2012 3:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
i reckon the night elf would play harp or flute, imagine, a death night playing the harp =P
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
I think bagpipes would suit the Dwarves... Violins or harps would be cool for Blood Elves, with flutes for Night Elves.... Trumpets for Orcs - to rally their warriors for battle XD
Reply Quote
I fully support this. I can't speak for other races, but Orcish war drums with Lok'tra singing has appeal to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/05/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Zpan
I think bagpipes would suit the Dwarves... Violins or harps would be cool for Blood Elves, with flutes for Night Elves.... Trumpets for Orcs - to rally their warriors for battle XD

For sure bagpipes and maybe big horns like this http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/273/7/d/warhammer_dwarf_musician_sides_by_hobbittzu-d5gc6ds.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Banjos for humans <3
Reply Quote
You should hear the Gnomeregan Philharmonic, Theramin Symphony Orchestra!
Reply Quote
10 Undead Priest
Dance and Music studio blizz, make it happen.
Reply Quote
Orcish throat singing with kodo war drum relics of the Third War?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDAQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSLF7Fl4SXh8&ei=oEfDUP2SGYfM9QS5_oDIAg&usg=AFQjCNF7mZX6jjokU00hC2opLSdp5gQyEQ
Reply Quote
10 Undead Priest
Violins for undead....

Or the triangle. Wait no! SAXOPHONE. I kid, violins the way to go for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Here's my speculation:

Alliance:
Humans/Worgen: Trumpet
Dwarves: Bagpipes
Gnomes: Either some strange techno stuff... or a triangle.
Night Elves: Flute
Draenei: Vocals

Horde:
Orcs: Vocals
Tauren: Drums
Undead: Electric Guitar
Trolls: Rattles
Blood Elves: Harp

Edit: Oh and.. pandaren get.. uh.. the gong or something.
Edited by Vethelan on 12/9/2012 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here's my speculation:

Alliance:
Humans/Worgen: Trumpet
Dwarves: Bagpipes
Gnomes: Either some strange techno stuff... or a triangle.
Night Elves: Flute
Draenei: Vocals

Horde:
Orcs: Vocals
Tauren: Drums
Undead: Electric Guitar
Trolls: Rattles
Blood Elves: Harp

Edit: Oh and.. pandaren get.. uh.. the gong or something.

I like those ideas, but I still think Humans should get a guitar or a banjo.

And you forgot the goblins.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/09/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Aeliren
I like those ideas, but I still think Humans should get a guitar or a banjo.

Lol banjo? I like the way you think.
Reply Quote
More travel-sized instruments that don’t require an electric power supply…

And while I made some suggestions, it doesn’t necessarily disqualify other race from playing or enjoying the instrument.

Concertina – Human, Dwarf
Mandolin – Human, Dwarf, Eastern Elves
Pipa - Pandaren
Hurdy gurdy – Draenei, I could see an Orc liking these too; cool sound, big keys for big hands
Harp, autoharp and dulcimers – Elves, human, dwarf, everybody really.
African style harps/banjos - Trolls
Thumb pianos – Troll
Ocarina –Tauren, maybe Troll
Harmonica – Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Goblin (Tauren might like them if they got one of an equitable size)
Wood or reed flutes, recorders, pan-flute –Kaldorei, Tauren, Pandaren
Horns, literally made from a horn – Kaldorei, tauren, possibly Orc.
Clarinet, obo – I think a goblin would swing that liquorish stick, and like a reedy sound in general.
Bon.gos* – Troll, Goblins (Dig it mon! I dig it baby!)
Spoons / bones – Every one except Elves; they’d play castanets
Voice – Everybody’s got one!

Perhaps they could manage, but I see large fangs and tusks being a detent to wind instruments, at least for more melodic applications, so I don’t think Trolls and Orc would be that into them. That said, Orcs might develop a form of bellows-driven Bagpipe, and appreciate the blare of multiple drones.

(*Heheh, filtered me for drug paraphernalia!)
Edited by Brandbombe on 12/9/2012 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
All the Jazz instruments for the Goblins, i could so see them at a tavern blayin Jazz and Blues wearin tiger stripe tuxedo jackets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]