XP SP3 >Windows 7?

85 Tauren Druid
Basically, I have a really cheap laptop, that has Windows 7 on it. now i get roughly 15fps in org, 25-30 in wide open areas, and 8-12 in lfr, all on lowest specs possible. and I was wondering if I downgraded to windows xp, if it would help any? Now I'm pretty sure it wont, casue my cpu and gpu are junk, but it was just a thought and I was wondering if that's a possibility or not?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It wouldn't, actually

Since you are hardware limited, changing OS won't really help.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Your OS doesn't make much difference when it comes to performance. Maybe if your game is using some fancy DX11 stuff, but for a game like WoW it doesn't matter much at all.

Your framerate is bad because you have a really cheap laptop. You can try updating drivers, lowering all your graphics settings, and all that but at the end of the day you've still got cheap hardware.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
True True, alright thanks everyone. Guess it's time to update to bigger and better things :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
On a side note, desktops are better for gaming in general because you are not limited in the hardware you can use. And it's cheaper and easier to upgrade a desktop than to buy a brand new laptop.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Typically the newest operating system will result in the fastest possible performance, though as others have said it is negligible for WoW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]