Spirit vs. Crit

90 Pandaren Monk
So how many other monks are going to mess around with the whole crit vs. spirit thing today? I'm going to gem pure crit and play with it a bit. Sounds like FUN to me :) Any thoughts from other monks about the changes?
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Well there is no shortage of gear for you. Since crit is the only secondary blizzard sees fit to put on any int/leather valor gear and half the raid gear. The sha-touched healer weapon is of course tailor made for you as well.
Reply Quote
Stacking haste all the way,
12150 haste rating while in serpent stance sounds marvelous!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

O really? you are like the first one I have heard to say this. especially with the nerf to the amount that RM jumps around the raid.
Reply Quote

O really? you are like the first one I have heard to say this. especially with the nerf to the amount that RM jumps around the raid.
Our mana efficiency is improving, haste will be our best throughput stat.

Originally, I intended to stack haste primarily for auto attacks with serpent's zeal, haven't had any mana issues since I decided to try it, considering our mana efficiency is improving in 5.1 even more haste should be good.

Soothing mists - 800 mana cheaper per second sound counteract the 10% increase on all spells. The increased chance for chi generation makes it even more mana efficient. I find that on certain fights I can store mana in my mana tea for later use, (will of the emperor, specifically)

That said we seem to be at different levels of progression, so my perspective may shift when I get more progressed.

It's probably due to my playstyle more than anything else, I also find that ending fights with 200k mana left is a bit wasteful.

In cataclysm I did play a disc priest that ended up reforging out of spirit during the dragon soul era.

Mana costs to consider :
RM on CD
Soothing mists - if channeling
Jab - for chi
Surging - nearly never, cause it's too expensive. If nothing "wrong" happens where we need to spam surging mists for healing, our mana efficiency is really good.
Edited by Flutterdash on 11/27/2012 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]