Unintended Change or Stealth Nerf? Priest SG

Was this left out in the patch notes?:
-Spectral Guise is no longer usable while stunned.

Disc priests looked decent until I found out about this change. They are actually worse off than pre-patch. What is the point of this ability if this is an intended change?
Edited by Zelýx on 11/27/2012 6:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Shocker, even Zelyx can see how bad this hurts us. Sigh. Kicking the two healers that were already down.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
HELLO DEEP FREEZE. NOW I FEEL LIKE A DK IN A BLANKET I USED CAPS FOR EMPHASIS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Welp time to train priests all game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This is one more example of Blizzard's clueless team making garbage decisions. Disc priests already have garbage mana regen still, garbage defense, and now our CCs and utilities have been nerfed. Way to go terrible Blizzard team!!

So now here's a list of the crap disc priests have to deal with because people cry and whine about shadow priests:

1. Bad mana regen
2. Mass dispel 15sec nerf is still !@#$ because it also takes up too much mana
3. Spectral guise breaks in 1 hit instead of 3, AND you can't use it while stunned nor feared - IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO PREVENT CC TRAIN, BLIZZARD, WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? **(edit: sometimes it breaks from 1 hit, sometimes it's all 3. Must be some kind of bug).
4. Psyfiend fear frequency nerfed, and now you can one shot it
5. Mobility is absolutely terrible because you gave us garbage 4-piece pvp set instead of the old one where we could freedom after shield.
6. Did I mention still bad mana regen?

BLIZZARD, WE ARE MUCH WORSE NOW THAN BEFORE. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? STAHP PLZ. God damnit, why are you guys so god damn clueless.

Priests is the only damn class in this retard game with 2 healing specs, and we are STILL the absolute worst healer in this game. WHY???????
Edited by Karynn on 11/27/2012 5:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
11/27/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Karynn
3. Spectral guise breaks in 1 hit instead of 3, AND you can't use it while stunned nor feared - IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO PREVENT CC TRAIN, BLIZZARD, WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?
At least you priests had/have ways to avoid a CC chain. Mistweaver monks are left with nothing.

I do agree with everything else you said however.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/27/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Gasleak
3. Spectral guise breaks in 1 hit instead of 3, AND you can't use it while stunned nor feared - IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO PREVENT CC TRAIN, BLIZZARD, WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?
At least you priests had/have ways to avoid a CC chain. Mistweaver monks are left with nothing.

godlike mobility is something?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman

Godlike mobility doesn't prevent CC.

Roll is utterly useless to use to LoS CC, because the game doesn't register your position during roll, and assumes you're where you started off. Meaning regardless of rolling around a pillar, if that polymorph finishes casting before the animation on roll finishes you'll just be poly'd behind the pillar.

Monk mobility is highly overrated.
Edited by Gasleak on 11/27/2012 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Think this was more of a shadow nerf than a disc nerf. Same reason Chi Wave got nerfed for the sake of mistweavers even though it was most of a WW self healing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Roll is utterly useless to use to LoS CC, because the game doesn't register your position during roll, and assumes you're where you started off. Meaning regardless of rolling around a pillar, if that polymorph finishes casting before the animation on roll finishes you'll just be poly'd behind the pillar.

interesting...i didnt know that
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman

interesting...i didnt know that
At least it does come with a perk as far as how the game behaves with roll. Because of it we can roll through ring of frosts. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/27/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Kallìk
Think this was more of a shadow nerf than a disc nerf. Same reason Chi Wave got nerfed for the sake of mistweavers even though it was most of a WW self healing.

All priests have Psyfiend, and Spectral Guise so all priests got nerfed.

People were complaining about SHADOW HEALING. If that's the issue, then nerf the shadow healing, not the CCs.

Other classes have spammable CCs--- Priests have Psychic Scream that is on cooldown, Psychic Horror that you have to get 3 stacks in order for it to be a good duration CC, and Psyfiend that is on cd and you already could kill before pretty easily but people didn't wanna do 120k damage (OH MY GOD IT'S SO OP, THIS 0 RESILIENCE MONSTER IS OWNING ME!!) Oh yeah and our silence!! Oh nos!! So much CCs, NEEDZ MOAR PRIEST NERFZ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Oh yeah, and the bug with Spectral Guise, on top of the nerf is if the enemy is casting a damage spell at me, and I spectral guise during that cast, it'll break from ONE hit (the hit from the time when they finish casting it.)

So.. what happened to the 3 hits? Did that get nerfed too? Can I just get a refund for my account now, because I just paid today.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
yea i recently noticed this too i thought it was lag or i got blanket silenced but now i see it is intended to work like this....on that note WTF blizzard.......you've just destroyed that ability....and our survival drastically
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
We are most defiantly worse. Guise has been broken and is now even more broken.

my SW: Pain is hitting for 2k per tick

Mana is less of an issue but STILL have the worst mana out of all the healers.

guess we wait 3 more months.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

What the hell does that have anything to do with priests? Every healer has ways to prevent cc. Priests used to have sw:d and now they have nothing on top of being the worst throughput healer in the game on top of cloth armor, horrible mandatory glyphs that should be built into the abilities they affect, and easily the most ineffective cc in the game against the classes that actually threaten disc priests (dk's and warriors).

Bad healing, bad mana efficiency, bad mobility, decent glyphs that can't be taken because desperation, inner focus, and mass dispel are mandatory almost every game. The only thing disc priests actually have going for them is fortitude, shadowfiend, and they're very easy to juke with. As far as an actual pvp healer toolkit goes there is no reason at all to take a priest over any other class at the moment when holy paladins and resto druids have rogue-like toolkits.

I'm fine with disc being the bastard healing spec of the expansion, it's been very powerful since it was reworked in TBC, but incidental nerfs to it because spriest/fmage/rdruid was powerful is just lousy and the weak attempts to incentivize players to play holy are kind of insulting.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
Shadow needed it, disc didn't. Welcome to MoP where 2 specs get worse to tone down 1 spec.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/27/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Karynn
Other classes have spammable CCs--- Priests have Psychic Scream that is on cooldown, Psychic Horror that you have to get 3 stacks in order for it to be a good duration CC, and Psyfiend that is on cd and you already could kill before pretty easily but people didn't wanna do 120k damage (OH MY GOD IT'S SO OP, THIS 0 RESILIENCE MONSTER IS OWNING ME!!) Oh yeah and our silence!! Oh nos!! So much CCs, NEEDZ MOAR PRIEST NERFZ.

Just stop. Shadow priests are fine, psychic horror isn't meant to be used with more than 1 shadow orb, and the change to pvp power is a good thing for game balance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Was this left out in the patch notes?:
-Spectral Guise is no longer usable while stunned.

Probs nerfed cause of shadow.

Probs nerfed without considering disc rofl.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]