I tried to put a stick into the ground......

83 Blood Elf Paladin
but I was silenced......

Let's make some other abilities not work while silenced:

Charge - Can't because you are silenced (You can't charge if you can't scream, ever seen braveheart? He's always screaming and running into fights)

Aim Shot - How can you Aim Shot someone if you aren't able to speak (they always speak while shooting in Lord of the Rings

Backstab - Hard to whisper in the ear of your opponent and stab them in the back if you can't talk

Death Grip - Can't reach out and touch someone if you can't make that phone call via Death Grip when silenced

Savage Roar - Tough to kitty scream if you can't talk right?!

Please list some more items that should be nerfed like Shaman Totems.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
....Battle Shout
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Sliphe
....Battle Shout

I think Silence actually affects Shouts.....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Death grip being a spell would actually make sense for it to not work if silenced. I used to have to get spell pen for it to not get resisted.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Death grip has always been not usable while silenced.

i dont think any pet command abilities (hunters, locks, mages, dks, etc. etc.) should be usable while silenced.

HOW DO YOU TELL YOUR PET TO ATTACK IF YOU CANT SPEAK TO IT?
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
To be fair I think the point is that shamans have 4 totems, each specifically designed for air, fire, earth and water, and they specifically enchant them for individual totems. It's not a matter of carrying every single totem around or else you would be able to put down more than one of the same element at a time.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
11/27/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Spinnerdh
To be fair I think the point is that shamans have 4 totems, each specifically designed for air, fire, earth and water, and they specifically enchant them for individual totems. It's not a matter of carrying every single totem around or else you would be able to put down more than one of the same element at a time.

Wait, nevermind I'm retarded.

So I guess we have 1 totem of each element and we just cast on it and say "Ok water totem, you're a healing stream totem" or "Ok water totem, you're a healing tide totem" rather than "Ok blank totem, you're healing stream". So while we have a standard piece of wood, it's already imbued with a specific element, and we need to tell it which spell it actually holds.

It's not like we have 12+ totems we carry around at all times.
Edited by Dìvìné on 11/27/2012 10:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
11/27/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Dìvìné

So I guess we have 1 totem of each element and we just cast on it and say "Ok water totem, you're a healing stream totem" or "Ok water totem, you're a healing tide totem" rather than "Ok blank totem, you're healing stream". So while we have a standard piece of wood, it's already imbued with a specific element, and we need to tell it which spell it actually holds.

No, in fact back in the day where shamans had to do quests for their totems they got 4 quests, one for each element, and unlocked more ways to use those totems later on.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
We can't lay traps while silenced nor toggle trap launcher or even use kill command I believe. I know there's some other stuff I'm missing as well.
Edited by Gimia on 11/27/2012 11:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

No, in fact back in the day where shamans had to do quests for their totems they got 4 quests, one for each element, and unlocked more ways to use those totems later on.

That's basically what I'm saying. You get one totem for each element, but that totem doesn't necessarily know what it is. It's a fire totem, end of story. If you dropped it as is, it will do nothing, because it's a basic fire totem. You have you make it either a searing totem, magma totem, fire elemental totem, etc. You don't carry around a totem for each individual version of a fire totem, just the base fire totem which you then make into one of those 3.
Edited by Dìvìné on 11/28/2012 2:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/27/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Spinnerdh

This is a ludicrous argument. If anything at the very least the change should have not affected elemental and enhancement shaman so adversely.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/27/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Aesix
dks cant use spells while silenced. This includes death grip. Shaman stop crying. Silence sucks. Welcome to the club

DK's i know you blow,

but dps shamans blow harder.

enh can work if paired with one of the other strong melee classes, but elemental can never work.

if you think you have it bad as a dk, get some perspective and try elemental. it will humble you
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
11/28/2012 03:42 AMPosted by Bizznizz

This is a ludicrous argument. If anything at the very least the change should have not affected elemental and enhancement shaman so adversely.

A ludicrous argument? It is an explanation of why totems must be imbued with their effect, instead of just assuming that you carry around one totem for every totem spell in your spellbook. Not to mention I can't use two traps of the same type, nor can I use them while silenced and those aren't really spells at all.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/28/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Spinnerdh

A ludicrous argument? It is an explanation of why totems must be imbued with their effect, instead of just assuming that you carry around one totem for every totem spell in your spellbook. Not to mention I can't use two traps of the same type, nor can I use them while silenced and those aren't really spells at all.

Well, brace yourself. I'm saying that hunters should also be able to use traps while silenced, and shaman should be able to drop totems.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

i dont think any pet command abilities (hunters, locks, mages, dks, etc. etc.) should be usable while silenced.

How do you train a worm to kill on command?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

I speak to my minion telepathically, of course.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]