The Brawler's Guild & Realm Coalescing

Community Manager
We've seen some confusion about people from other realms showing up in the Brawler's Guild.

It's important to note that the Brawler's Guild only uses realm coalescing when the number of participants is really low, so a lot of people are seeing people from other realms due to the fact that there haven't been many invitations to join distributed yet. It's highly likely the area will cease to activate CRZ on most realms as participation increases. Having 100+ people in the queue doesn't create a good experience, but, from our perspective, neither does having only a small handful of people.

The feature is designed to bring a decent population into the guild, and those people should spend at least a modest amount of time as spectators or loiterers before getting into the ring. We didn't design the Brawler's Guild with the intention of getting you through queues in 10 minutes or less. We're not trying to replicate Dungeon Finder for the solo player with Brawler's Guild.

If the place seems overcrowded AND you're seeing people from other realms there, it could be a situation where the population check that determines whether or not to coalesce a realm hasn't run again yet. As I said before, this should stabilize in time and likely automatically disable CRZ for the guild.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
oh
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
"Brawlers Guild is super limited to begin with."

"Brawlers Guild will fake being packed until it isn't super limited."
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
90 Tauren Paladin
Thank you for the clarification.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If this is your First post in Brawler's Guild forums, you HAVE to fight
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Isn't having other realms' players counter to the previously stated aims and atmosphere of the Guild? It was specifically described as 'a venue for a realm’s community to come together' as well as the following:

So, to sum up, we’re trying to give the Brawler’s Guild a tight knit, underground kind of feel, and we expect the Guild on each realm to slowly grow to encompass more and more of the population over time. Because invites will be so limited, it’s likely that a lot of the players that join the Brawler’s Guild will have had some kind of interaction with one or more existing members before they ever step into the ring. Finally, a smaller population will help keep the queues low for quite a while – since a big part of the Brawler’s Guild is watching other players fight their own battles, right now instancing arenas or using phasing isn’t an attractive option.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Coming from a low population realm, I disagree. I find it more frustrating that I have to wait almost an hour before I get to jump in to the fight, which takes me longer to invite other people.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
Good to know, thank you for clarifying, Zarhym.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Another question - right now anyone can walk into the guild area without an invite and watch the fights. Is that intended and does that have an affect on the CRZ population calculation?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Where is the "Brawler ______" title intended to be from? I'm rank 8 and got it after selecting the "Lets Party" option from Blingtron o.0
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
what a mess this will end up being.

I look forward to people who spent 10's of thousands starting threads about this over and over again.
Reply Quote
Those darned loiterers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/28/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
this should stabilize in time and likely automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

Or you could just, you know, make it work the way it's supposed to. You told us flat out that this was supposed to have a focus on realm community here. Involving the CRZ system at all is face palm inducingly counter intuitive.

You literally stated that the goal of Brawler's Guild was Thing A and then launched Thing B. I don't know how you think this is acceptable, even if it is supposed to "fix itself over time".

Next time you decide you want to do something that focuses on individual servers; don't include other servers. It's that simple.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Isn't having other realms' players counter to the previously stated aims and atmosphere of the Guild? It was specifically described as 'a venue for a realm’s community to come together' as well as the following:

So, to sum up, we’re trying to give the Brawler’s Guild a tight knit, underground kind of feel, and we expect the Guild on each realm to slowly grow to encompass more and more of the population over time. Because invites will be so limited, it’s likely that a lot of the players that join the Brawler’s Guild will have had some kind of interaction with one or more existing members before they ever step into the ring. Finally, a smaller population will help keep the queues low for quite a while – since a big part of the Brawler’s Guild is watching other players fight their own battles, right now instancing arenas or using phasing isn’t an attractive option.

That's what I thought when I first entered. Either they completely changed their design philosophy for it and are failing at communication once again, or are so attached to this CRZ thing that they refuse to let it go even when it actively harms the experience.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
How is this supposed to be a tight-knit, underground community event when it's swarmed with strangers from other servers who I will most likely never see or interact with again?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For those that are in... Grats.

I am one of the many who are poor, so I have to sit and camp the rare NPC's... which are being camped by tons of other people.....

What an ingenious method to have players earn a spot in the Brawlers Guild (Fork out 10k plus gold or camp NPC's for god knows how long).

Anyone even know the drop rate on the blood-soaked inv?
Edited by Küngpao on 11/28/2012 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Scumbag Blizz

Advertise exclusive realm only brawls.... Enables CRZ
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
There's confusion because for some reason you guys hate to tell us what is going on. Just be honest and let us know what to expect and you won't see all these conspiracy theories you seem to hate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]