The Brawler's Guild & Realm Coalescing

90 Dwarf Hunter
So, if CRZ is going to stick around, at least update the queue position so we can more accurately see what number we are in line.

I've been "30, maybe 40" for nearly twenty minutes now.

And an audible warning when you get close to your turn would be nice.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
when did blizzard switch to the euphemism of "Realm Coalescing" from cross realm zones?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
11/30/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Moncoko
when did blizzard switch to the euphemism of "Realm Coalescing" from cross realm zones?

it really reeks of newspeak, or should i say "controlling the narrative".

that brawler's guild is CRZ is the biggest piece of garbage, and totally against everything we were told the guild would be.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Quite a shame. It should be named Sitter's Guild, not Brawler's Guild. I've spent hours sitting and have only done 5 matches.

How is this supposed to be a tight-knit, underground community event when it's swarmed with strangers from other servers who I will most likely never see or interact with again?

This was my thought exactly when I heard reports of CRZ in Brawler's Guild.

Hindsight is 20/20, but this entire thing seems so obvious now, hopefully to blizzard as well.

So, if CRZ is going to stick around, at least update the queue position so we can more accurately see what number we are in line.

They do this because if you are new to the guild (or maybe your first fight of the day) you get priority queuing it seems. So if they said you were number 33, then someone got bumped up, that would be inaccurate.

This is one feature that I actually like. It would suck worse if you had to wait an hour or two for your first fight because of the CRZ.
Edited by Braks on 11/30/2012 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Quite a shame. It should be named Sitter's Guild, not Brawler's Guild. I've spent hours sitting and have only done 5 matches.

How is this supposed to be a tight-knit, underground community event when it's swarmed with strangers from other servers who I will most likely never see or interact with again?

This was my thought exactly when I heard reports of CRZ in Brawler's Guild.

Hindsight is 20/20, but this entire thing seems so obvious now, hopefully to blizzard as well.

They do this because if you are new to the guild (or maybe your first fight of the day) you get priority queuing it seems. So if they said you were number 33, then someone got bumped up, that would be inaccurate.

This is one feature that I actually like. It would suck worse if you had to wait an hour or two for your first fight because of the CRZ.

Whats amazing is 2 weeks ago blizzard basically said: "CRZ this would be so stupid and ruin the realm community it is supposed to provide".....
........ I just don't get it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
11/30/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Braks

Right, I know that, and it could update to reflect that change. You would go from 33 to 34.

11/30/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Braks

Unfortunately it also means more than one fight a day is more painful than it has to be due to a constant stream of people jumping in line.

Disabling, or just severely limiting CRZ from what it is now, would make the queue-jumping unnecessary.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is terrible right now. Queues are too long. I am fortunate that I did not pay gold for my invite or I would be typing in caps!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
SOOO BOREEEEDDD with alt tabbing while waiting in an hour long queue.....

I wonder if daytime cable viewing has gone up because of Brawler's guild.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Negåtive
I like watching other people, but I'd rather watch arena or BGs.

Yeah watching can be fun, but not for an hour....
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I've heard 20-30 minutes, your realm is an hour? They should probably use RC (Realm coalescing) to reduce wait times as well.

I just stood in line for nearly an hour and a half to get a second fight in.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
55 minute between pulls. Messed up on last fight, so another hour for 30 seconds of gameplay. Time to troll more I guess.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

Yeah watching can be fun, but not for an hour....

I've heard 20-30 minutes, your realm is an hour? They should probably use RC (Realm coalescing) to reduce wait times as well.

The hour wait time is BECAUSE of CRZ. Way too many people here at all times, but like no one from my own realm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
To be perfectly honest, I got invited to a cross realm RBG group, and their wait list was A THIRD of what my "coalesced realms" queue time was.

But being in an RBG group, I couldn't sit around for 15 minutes to wait for my turn. So, I guess make some cross realm friends and abuse their wait times until we get a decent response from a Blue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The fact that this is CRZ still makes me want to puke. It's now full of trolls who spam whisper you as soon as you get teleported into the ring and people who spam /yell and spam in general chat. I'm so glad I got my invite from a rare spawn and didn't pay for it.

Switch it to realm only already.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
who has a queue without an hour wait and wants to be my friend?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Just another reminder the The Venture Co. does not have CRZ, and we're looking for more people to come join us!

See our realm forums at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1182662/ for more info =)

do you have a horde char who could invite me so i could try it out? I like RP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]