The Brawler's Guild & Realm Coalescing

90 Worgen Mage
11/28/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
We didn't design the Brawler's Guild with the intention of getting you through queues in 10 minutes or less.

Really disappointed with Brawler's Guild queue times. Was the intention to get through queues in 30-60 minutes. And what do you expect me to do while waiting for that duration. Troll the channel like its happening right now. I guess I wasted my gold on the invite.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Still waiting in queue. I've been stuck in the over 20 point now for a while as I watch all the first timers jump to the front of the line. As of the time of writing this, Bruce has fought 220 people, won 61 times and lost 159. I'm getting sick of seeing Bruce...
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
This should have been instanced to a certain number of players. Instead on the first day we have horribly long queues. Can't wait till everyone on the server can access it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Moderate? Do you consider moderate to be an hour and 30 minute queue? After paying 154k for my Brawler's Guild invite, I think that I deserve more than still sitting in a queue, waiting for HOURS on end to get into a single fight. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just logged out after 2 hours in que for 2nd match. Blizz finally came up with a way to make me utterly hate this game after 6 years of playing. No I am not going to flame and say I quit or any nonsense but this was somthing I looked forward to and see it crushed under its on wait in que times is just disappointing. I really feel CRZ should have been left out of this until a few months down the line. The dozens on my server that farmed this, we stood there for hours watching Bruce getting killed and never got another chance. Once people figured out that you could jump the line becuase this is account bound well it is really out of hand. Also if Blizz was to actually ever police thier game you could ban around a dozen accounts and hour based off of what is going on in that chat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Having 100+ people in the queue doesn't create a good experience, but, from our perspective, neither does having only a small handful of people.

Because being able to brawl quickly is bad?

/tinfoil hat
Obviously it's bad because then more people get to experience the content faster, then get bored with it sooner, then cancel their sub and Blizzard doesn't get their money.

Regardless of the reason for CRZ here, it's a bad idea. Don't wait until there's hundreds of posts flaming Blizzard about this, Zar, make sure the devs know we think it's lame so they can fix it sooner rather than later.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
this should stabilize in time

Only in this game. lol

Let's peer into the crystal ball everyone.

Blizz: "Just wait it out, we think it might be fine maybe soon."

3 months pass.

Paying Players: "Any update on Brawlers Guild getting out of CRZ?"

Blizz: "As we said, this will stabilize in time."

Fanclub @ Paying Players: "You are so self-entitled, these things can't be fixed right away, it only came out 3 months ago, yaddayadda."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
So even though this feature was designed to bring back a sense of community to realms, is it safe to say this was never intended to apply to low population realms or factions?

And for said realms and factions, I'm assuming what we're seeing now is how it's always going to function for them?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
So, if we zone out and back in do we have a shot at getting out of the massive queue version that is out there right now?

And for the love of all... priority Queue for Bruce fight should only happen ONE time per day PER ACCOUNT for the new guys. They aren't learning how to move back in the 10 minutes so far. And I am quite certain I have seen a few guys running their whole account through the wringer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Yup, I really expected this to be server only cause if it was, I wouldn't be waiting 20+ minutes for a turn like I am now.

Bait and switch much, Bliz?

Also, if you're gonna continue to push fake server merges together like this, just get it over with and merge the servers already so we actually interact with these people in more useful ways please.
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Death Knight
11/28/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Thanë
Fanclub @ Paying Players: "You are so self-entitled, these things can't be fixed right away, it only came out 3 months ago, yaddayadda."
Real life lolz XD
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
Yup, I really expected this to be server only cause if it was, I wouldn't be waiting 20+ minutes for a turn like I am now.

Also, if you're gonna continue to push fake server merges together like this, just get it over with and merge the servers already so we actually interact with these people in more useful ways please.

Jesus, Brawler's has been up for a DAY. Stop acting like you are entitled to a first queue position every time. Wait your turn.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mal'ganis alliance here. So I won the first invite for my faction yesterday. Was alone at first, as of two hours ago had a wait of 13 with some cross realm. Meh sucks to lose a rank 7 fight and wait 10 min to try again. I leave for 2 hours and Black market cross realm trash floods the guild. Wait is 30-40people now maybe even more. Thanks for the Big stiff Blizzard. I understand not wanting me to fly threw it solo but this is a joke. L2 Crossrealm what needs it and what doesn't. xoxo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Jesus, Brawler's has been up for a DAY. Stop acting like you are entitled to a first queue position every time. Wait your turn.

Take your face, place it on the floor and kindly walk yourself across it until you slowly grind away whatever there is left of it please.

Thank you! :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Easily 80-100 people in the brawlers area right now, I'm number 60 something in the Q and nothing but Bruce fights for the last at least 12-15 fights.

This feels anything but exclusive.... I didn't mind the 20 person Q times even. It's actaully fun to heckle cheer and watch the fights. But 60+ person Q's...c'mon

Even though you are an orc dk, the exact opposite of a paladin, I will have to agree with you 100%. The same thing is happening to my CRZ group. And they keep growing as time goes on! AND MORE CROC MATCHES!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
We didn't design the Brawler's Guild with the intention of getting you through queues in 10 minutes or less. We're not trying to replicate Dungeon Finder for the solo player with Brawler's Guild.

All I can say is 150s of action for every 30min in queue is one of the worst ways to design content.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
We've seen some confusion about people from other realms showing up in the Brawler's Guild.

It's important to note that the Brawler's Guild only uses realm coalescing when the number of participants is really low, so a lot of people are seeing people from other realms due to the fact that there haven't been many invitations to join distributed yet. It's highly likely the area will cease to activate CRZ on most realms as participation increases. Having 100+ people in the queue doesn't create a good experience, but, from our perspective, neither does having only a small handful of people.

The feature is designed to bring a decent population into the guild, and those people should spend at least a modest amount of time as spectators or loiterers before getting into the ring. We didn't design the Brawler's Guild with the intention of getting you through queues in 10 minutes or less. We're not trying to replicate Dungeon Finder for the solo player with Brawler's Guild.

If the place seems overcrowded AND you're seeing people from other realms there, it could be a situation where the population check that determines whether or not to coalesce a realm hasn't run again yet. As I said before, this should stabilize in time and likely automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

No one wants to wait 30 people deep for the first night that they drop 100k on an invite.

This is bad design as usual, and vicarious dev/design team hubris posted via CM as usual.

I really expect better from Blizzard, but I'm starting not to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
CRZ in the brawlers guild is dumb, What were you thinking blizz?
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
Silly Blizzard.

-Makes invitations exclusive like jerks on purpose to cut down queue times
-Allows CRZ to make the guild have long queue times anyways

So why make the invites hard to get in the first place again?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/28/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Sannith
We didn't design the Brawler's Guild with the intention of getting you through queues in 10 minutes or less.

Really disappointed with Brawler's Guild queue times. Was the intention to get through queues in 30-60 minutes. And what do you expect me to do while waiting for that duration. Troll the channel like its happening right now. I guess I wasted my gold on the invite.

sounds like the LFD. sit 40mins. actually do something for 5-10mins, in this case only 1-2mins.
its rather silly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]