The Brawler's Guild & Realm Coalescing

90 Dwarf Hunter
11/28/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Azivalla
Jesus, Brawler's has been up for a DAY. Stop acting like you are entitled to a first queue position every time. Wait your turn.

And here we have someone who can't argue with what people are saying so he makes up nonsense in order to feel useful.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It makes me rather glad that even with bids of thousands upon thousands of gold, I was still out bid each time. If I had managed to win, I'm pretty sure I would have been pissed having to deal with people from other realms when I was lead to believe it would be my realm and only my realm. I stopped going anywhere but Pandaria and Stormwind due to crz, would really suck to spend that gold, see crz people, and never go back again, wasting all that gold. If I want to see people not from my community, I'd have made alts on other realms. I normally don't complain (xanax is my friend :) ) but this is rather disappointing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 10:02 PMPosted by Treehugging

Really disappointed with Brawler's Guild queue times. Was the intention to get through queues in 30-60 minutes. And what do you expect me to do while waiting for that duration. Troll the channel like its happening right now. I guess I wasted my gold on the invite.

sounds like the LFD. sit 40mins. actually do something for 5-10mins, in this case only 1-2mins.
its rather silly

At least with LFD you can do something while waiting for you're queue, for brawlers you have to sit in the brawler area, if you leave you lose your spot in the queue.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
11/28/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
Having 100+ people in the queue doesn't create a good experience, but, from our perspective, neither does having only a small handful of people.

Your perspective is flawed.

Also, this post screams "We screwed up by forgetting to flag something, and we can't fix it in time/won't fix it because it's not on our radar". If you can't fix the CRZ flagging for the Brawler's guild, something that was never intended to be CRZ'ed (much like the other capital cities that you still haven't addressed since 5.0.1 went live) then just say so. If it isn't worth the time or resources to fix it, then just say so.

Pulling a Baghdad Bob over an obvious oversight doesn't sit well with folks, talking straight about the situation, on the other hand, does.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Satrapayn
So This 5.1 Patch that came out is a bust as far as i am concerned. I Am not an Avid PVP Player, I prefer to Actually See the end Game Content, Meaning Raids and Heroics. This game was designed to show us the Lore Of Warcraft, Which was in the Dungeons, and The Raids. Not the Constant BS Stories we are given to a BG. And BTW more Books are written on the End Game Content, then the same 5 Battle Grounds. Now this Patch Comes along, because the PVP Players Cried Again and Again that they get nothing, and well it has now ruined a zone in Pandaria. PVP to me is 1 on 1, or 5 on 5, Not 6 or 7 On 1 Person. BTW i am marked Away so there isnt even an Honor Point From killing me. Thanks Alot Blizzard, You have taken what could have been a great Expansion to get people over the Mess of Cataclysm you cut short, and you caved in to people who are better fit to play Halo or Call of Duty. Kudos to your Dev Team.

PvPers never cried about anything related to questing in a zone, PvPers complain about balance PvPers don't care about PvE content, so don't blame PvPers for something that was 100% blizzard.

Also if you're complaining about PvP on a PvP server reroll/transfer to a PvE realm. if you're having PvP issues on a PvE realm don't get flagged in the future. None of the quests will flag you for PvP and Player characters cannot aid Faction NPCs (except on PvP realms)
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
11/28/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Lothir
CRZ in the brawlers guild is dumb, What were you thinking blizz?

Why? What's wrong with CRZ in the brawlers guild?
Reply Quote
91 Troll Death Knight
11/28/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Azivalla
Jesus, Brawler's has been up for a DAY. Stop acting like you are entitled to a first queue position every time. Wait your turn.

A venue for a realm’s community to come together

Was it self-entitled for low population factions and realms to assume this applied to them?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
How many people does Blizzard seem to think as reasonable? Because I'm still in CRZ Brawler's and I'm 40+ in line right now. That is over an hour of waiting right now. It was horrible waiting in the 15 people lines, now its almost triple that cause of the BMAH invites went out and it's still CRZ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We've seen some confusion about people from other realms showing up in the Brawler's Guild.

Translation: People have been complaining about things regarding Brawlers guild that we didn't tell them/know about CRZ.

It's important to note that the Brawler's Guild only uses realm coalescing when the number of participants is really low, so a lot of people are seeing people from other realms due to the fact that there haven't been many invitations to join distributed yet. It's highly likely the area will cease to activate CRZ on most realms as participation increases. Having 100+ people in the queue doesn't create a good experience, but, from our perspective, neither does having only a small handful of people.

Translation: Because of lazy coding we made CRZ active on all zones and until a certain amount of people are in said zone from the native realm you will be forced into CRZ. We hope that CRZ will eventually go away but we don't know even if said realm meets the CRZ threshold on the native realm. Whoops.

The feature is designed to bring a decent population into the guild, and those people should spend at least a modest amount of time as spectators or loiterers before getting into the ring. We didn't design the Brawler's Guild with the intention of getting you through queues in 10 minutes or less. We're not trying to replicate Dungeon Finder for the solo player with Brawler's Guild.

Translation: This being an artificial time sink is working as intended. The more time you waste waiting for a fight the longer it'll take to get Rank 8 and the longer it'll take to finish our content, we don't want you to fly through our content in a day.

If the place seems overcrowded AND you're seeing people from other realms there, it could be a situation where the population check that determines whether or not to coalesce a realm hasn't run again yet. As I said before, this should stabilize in time and likely automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

Translation: Once again because of lazy coding you're forced to deal with CRZ. Have a nice day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Cordanus
CRZ in the brawlers guild is dumb, What were you thinking blizz?

You have to compete with people from other realms for spots in the arena, thus turning what should be 2-10 minute wait times between fights into 30-50 minute wait times.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
11/28/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Cordanus
What's wrong with CRZ in the brawlers guild?

It defeats the purpose of having a realm-centric activity to have off-realm trolls and tourists filling up the queues.

It's really getting annoying that the best way for me to enjoy functions like this is to play on Brazilian, Spanish, or oceanic RP PVP realms where the likelyhood of there being a crowd is almost non-existant.
Edited by Bomdanil on 11/28/2012 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
11/28/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Lothir

You have to compete with people from other realms for spots in the arena, thus turning what should be 2-10 minute wait times between fights into 30-50 minute wait times.

Like peoples issues with questing with CRZ? Maybe 30-50 minute wait times are intended. Sorry, just being a *%#@!!!@ because people so many people who have been pro-crz because it hasn't inconvenienced them are suddenly against it because it does.

CRZ is just bad. Hopefully we can all agree on that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
11/28/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Having 100+ people in the queue doesn't create a good experience, but, from our perspective, neither does having only a small handful of people.

Your perspective is flawed.

Also, this post screams "We screwed up by forgetting to flag something, and we can't fix it in time/won't fix it because it's not on our radar". If you can't fix the CRZ flagging for the Brawler's guild, something that was never intended to be CRZ'ed (much like the other capital cities that you still haven't addressed since 5.0.1 went live) then just say so. If it isn't worth the time or resources to fix it, then just say so.

Pulling a Baghdad Bob over an obvious oversight doesn't sit well with folks, talking straight about the situation, on the other hand, does.

It was asked in the thread Blizz did a while back 'Let's talk about the brawler's guild', whether CRZ would be impacting the location. So it was raised on a thread a Blue created. Not sure why they chose to present this as a low key, low participation content item while planning on making it high pop from the get go.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Hunter
It's important to note that the Brawler's Guild only uses realm coalescing when the number of participants is really low,

People that play in a low populated server (like me) are there for a reason. I payed my 25 US dollars to move to a low populated server because I wanted a calm and empty place to hang and make close friends. If I wanted to have to wait 49 minutes to fight a Pengu I would have stayed in my previous server.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Hunter
I went in on my alt, a holy pally. Got bored of the hate tells after about an hour.

Blizz you need to disable CRZ and make it character specific, this is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
11/28/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Bomdanil
What's wrong with CRZ in the brawlers guild?

It defeats the purpose of having a realm-centric activity to have off-realm trolls and tourists filling up the queues.

It's really getting annoying that the best way for me to enjoy functions like this is to play on Brazilian, Spanish, or oceanic RP PVP realms where the likelyhood of there being a crowd is almost non-existant.

Meh, I don't know why they're trying to put up realm-centric activities when it's obvious they're trying to make realms insignificant. A player can't even make a server activity unless they invite everyone to a group because of CRZ.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Final time in queue: 1 hour 24 minutes. That cannot be intended. If you are going ahead with the cross realm thing, the number of players has to be dropped down to a reasonable number. I understand 10 minutes is too short in your mind. I think 15-20 is the sweet spot with 20-25 being a bit long, but tolerable. Please address this as its about to balloon out of control (though it kind of already has).
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
Yay thanks for spending time developing content that 1-2% can access!
Didn't you learn anything from old school naxx?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
!@#$ U BLiZZARD....the system obviously is not working like you say it is.

Queue times are over an hour at the moment. I guess you aren't breaking the CRZ population into smaller cross realm servers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]