The Brawler's Guild & Realm Coalescing

10 Tauren Hunter
I dont get it, You created the Invitations to limit the people in the Brawlers Guild at one time...so why make it a Cross Realm Zone? You are making no sense, and please respond because am really interested in why you added a restriction to a content just to have it be a Cross Realm Zone which defeats your purpose.
Reply Quote
33 Troll Hunter
Lets have people wait 2 hours per fight que so we can have lots of people in the room! As opposed to having 5-10 people in the room for the first few days

Yay Blizzard logic
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Sagitario
I dont get it, You created the Invitations to limit the people in the Brawlers Guild at one time...so why make it a Cross Realm Zone? You are making no sense, and please respond because am really interested in why you added a restriction to a content just to have it be a Cross Realm Zone which defeats your purpose.

For some reason they felt they needed to rush CRZ out the door into the game without properly testing it. Now it's hardwired into the system and load and behold it's making a mess.

=/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/28/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Boloyung
Mal'ganis alliance here. So I won the first invite for my faction yesterday. Was alone at first, as of two hours ago had a wait of 13 with some cross realm. Meh sucks to lose a rank 7 fight and wait 10 min to try again. I leave for 2 hours and Black market cross realm trash floods the guild. Wait is 30-40people now maybe even more. Thanks for the Big stiff Blizzard. I understand not wanting me to fly threw it solo but this is a joke. L2 Crossrealm what needs it and what doesn't. xoxo.

My last attempt on Ghost Face had him down to like 15% before I got backed into a corner by the ghosts, Bolo. :( Took me 40 minutes to get to that attempt from being at queue position 10.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
After looking forward to this feature, and sure it's still early on, initial thought is it was a waste of time to get involved with these insane queue times for brawling. Regret going out of my way to get invite to the Brawler's guild during it's infancy.. Should have waited until it was along more and a player could actually be involved instead of sitting around in another lobby waiting for a queue to pop.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Bruce's Guild.

Bad idea releasing so many invites at one time. Auctions should be staggered.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
"Brawlers Guild is super limited to begin with."

"Brawlers Guild will fake being packed until it isn't super limited."
So unbelievably pertinent.

What a stupid, stupid idea.

What in your right minds made you think that non-instanced solo player content that is incredibly repetitive would make good spectator sport? OH WOW, THAT GUY SO TOTALLY HAS A LOW ENOUGH PING TO DODGE THAT ARBITRARY DEATH MECHANIC! THE CROWD GOES WILD!

I want to fight the monsters. I can't do that, because I have to pay 20k gold or get the damn invitation to drop, but even when it does you want me to afk in an instance where I can't access banks or AH first before I can? Sounds great.

I guess I'm finding it "REALLY" hard to identify the niche that this fits. It doesn't even fit the afk trade chat trolls.
Edited by Otozureru on 11/28/2012 10:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Oakshado
Having 100+ people in the queue doesn't create a good experience, but, from our perspective, neither does having only a small handful of people.

Because being able to brawl quickly is bad?

/tinfoil hat
Obviously it's bad because then more people get to experience the content faster, then get bored with it sooner, then cancel their sub and Blizzard doesn't get their money.

Regardless of the reason for CRZ here, it's a bad idea. Don't wait until there's hundreds of posts flaming Blizzard about this, Zar, make sure the devs know we think it's lame so they can fix it sooner rather than later.

Ohai another bonechewer player.

But seriously, I've seen a huge amount of anti-CRZ forums over players for CRZ, so why would it be added into a feature that was never advertised to have it? I feel bad for the huge amount of players that dumped either huge amounts of gold or time into getting these invites just to have their dreams crushed because there was a feature they were never told about there...
Reply Quote
33 Troll Hunter
Also the funny thing about this is people who are new get ahead, so your 30 que spot will stay 30 for a while, and even go up .. before u can get in
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
CRZ is a'killin' the WoW.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Hunter
There is no such thing as a "WoW Killer" MMO. The only thing that can kill WoW is itself...and right now...CRZ is killing WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
On the upside, the Bruce's Guild meme is awesome.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Priest
CRZ is ridiculous on this. 100 people in queue is way worse than having no queue at all in my opinion.

The way I see it, the less people there are, the faster it is to get to level 7 and pass another invite out. The problem on our server is we have a majority Alliance, so does the Alliance "Population check" impact horde side? or is our server doomed to have this on CRZ at all times?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
I dont see any confusion, just frustration as im waiting 2 hours and 30 mins for my turn, and looking at over 150+ people in this room waiting along with me and your post is just an excuse to cover up a mistake
Edited by Ironcrac on 11/28/2012 10:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
11/28/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Sagitario

I would guess is because they want X number of people down there and with the staggered released they can't hit that number so they just merged servers for it. As soon as X is hit they stop merging. A larger release of invites on a single server probably would have been a better idea.

I'm angry because I was going to wait several months for things to calm down before trying it but now it seems like that wont get me anywhere because it will always be crowded with CRZ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
A. Why are the fights not instanced in the first place?

B. What was the goal of the limited invites?

C. Why would you not want players to experience this content?

D. Isn't the reason for the creation of the LFG/LFR tools so casual players could experience the content and progress with the rest of the player population?

C. So why is this a change from that style of game making?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
!@#$ U BLiZZARD....the system obviously is not working like you say it is.

Queue times are over an hour at the moment. I guess you aren't breaking the CRZ population into smaller cross realm servers.

This I agree, obviously they arent working.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Your perspective is flawed.

Also, this post screams "We screwed up by forgetting to flag something, and we can't fix it in time/won't fix it because it's not on our radar". If you can't fix the CRZ flagging for the Brawler's guild, something that was never intended to be CRZ'ed (much like the other capital cities that you still haven't addressed since 5.0.1 went live) then just say so. If it isn't worth the time or resources to fix it, then just say so.

Pulling a Baghdad Bob over an obvious oversight doesn't sit well with folks, talking straight about the situation, on the other hand, does.

Quoting this gnome for emphasis.

Stop talking to your paying customers like they're morons and trying to cover up everything with loads of BS, start being straight up about what's happening and why. A little respect goes a long way and, while a lot of us still wouldn't be happy with the outcome of having our content screwed up, we might be more likely to have patience in dealing with the company we toss a check to each month for this.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
CRZ is ridiculous on this. 100 people in queue is way worse than having no queue at all in my opinion.

The way I see it, the less people there are, the faster it is to get to level 7 and pass another invite out. The problem on our server is we have a majority Alliance, so does the Alliance "Population check" impact horde side? or is our server doomed to have this on CRZ at all times?

I would expect the population check to be specific to each faction.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Hunter
A. Why are the fights not instanced in the first place?

B. What was the goal of the limited invites?

C. Why would you not want players to experience this content?

D. Isn't the reason for the creation of the LFG/LFR tools so casual players could experience the content and progress with the rest of the player population?

C. So why is this a change from that style of game making?

A= Fights are not supposed to be instanced, you want instanced go solo Deadmines. Its an arena with a spectator mode.

B= They limited invites so it would be an "Underground Lay Low" kinda thing that only a few people could have access to it at the beginning.

D= NOT ALL CONTENT IS FOR EVERYONE, there I said it. I dont do PVP, so why should I be able to get 2200 Gladiator Gear I didnt earn?

C= LFR and LFD is WAAAAAAAAAAY different than Brawlers Guild, you dont >>NEED<< to do Brawlers Guild...you want to do it. I dont >>NEED<< 2200 Gladiator Gear...I want gladiator gear. I could earn Gladiator gear but I choose not to, just like you could save up some gold or farm some Rare Spawns for an Invite...but you choose not to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]