QoL improvements for Warlocks

100 Worgen Warlock
What are your biggest QoL issues with Warlocks right now?

My biggest one is having to cast Fire and Brimstone for every spell. I don't have enough room on my bars to make macros for every single spell affected by Fire and Brimstone nor would I want to because those macros can mess up really easily. My suggestion would be to make Fire and Brimstone a toggleable aura. You activate it and then every spell you cast is AoE but costs 1 Burning Ember (and generates Burning Embers like now). It would make Destro's AoE so much more fluid and would more than likely improve AoE dps.

My second biggest QoL issue is not being able to control Wild Imps. I know they're called 'Wild' Imps but they get rather annoying on some fights. This is mostly a soloist issue but there are times where they're attacking something they're not supposed to which causes a wipe. I would also like to have a way to control where they are, or a way to teleport them all to you because I've had numerous dungeons where patrols are pulled because of a stray Wild Imp. Giving them a pet bar along with your regular pet's bar would be great.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock

My biggest one is having to cast Fire and Brimstone for every spell. I don't have enough room on my bars to make macros for every single spell affected by Fire and Brimstone nor would I want to because those macros can mess up really easily. My suggestion would be to make Fire and Brimstone a toggleable aura. You activate it and then every spell you cast is AoE but costs 1 Burning Ember (and generates Burning Embers like now). It would make Destro's AoE so much more fluid and would more than likely improve AoE dps.

My second biggest QoL issue is not being able to control Wild Imps. I know they're called 'Wild' Imps but they get rather annoying on some fights. This is mostly a soloist issue but there are times where they're attacking something they're not supposed to which causes a wipe. I would also like to have a way to control where they are, or a way to teleport them all to you because I've had numerous dungeons where patrols are pulled because of a stray Wild Imp. Giving them a pet bar along with your regular pet's bar would be great.

1) You would only need to add a single line to your current Incinerate, Immolate, and Conflag macros:
/cast [mod:shift] Fire and Brimstone

That way you hit 1 to cast Incinerate, shift+1 to cast Fire and Brimcinerate. Repeat for Immolate and Conflag if you use them with F&B at all.

2) Really, I don't see why Wild Imps can't just follow your regular petbar. Hitting "Attack current target" (Or the /petattack command) would set them to your current target, and you can hit "move to" and "Follow" to manually drag them to you. Otherwise, a button somewhere called "Reset Imps" that ports them all to your current location, and have them all assist your current target.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock

1) You would only need to add a single line to your current Incinerate, Immolate, and Conflag macros:
/cast [mod:shift] Fire and Brimstone

That way you hit 1 to cast Incinerate, shift+1 to cast Fire and Brimcinerate. Repeat for Immolate and Conflag if you use them with F&B at all.

2) Really, I don't see why Wild Imps can't just follow your regular petbar. Hitting "Attack current target" (Or the /petattack command) would set them to your current target, and you can hit "move to" and "Follow" to manually drag them to you. Otherwise, a button somewhere called "Reset Imps" that ports them all to your current location, and have them all assist your current target.

I thought about making that macro. But it would interfere with my current key bindings.

As far as the second pet bar thing goes, I would like a second one because there are times where I'd like to multitask and have imps attack one target, my pet on another one and me on a third one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Make Falling Meteor ACTUALLY make you immune to falling damage like the tooltip states.

Make Grim of Sac persist through death. It's annoying in PvP to have to sacrifice everytime you die. (It'd also be really sweet to get different bonuses depending on what demon you sacrifice).
Reply Quote
70 Human Warlock
Wild Imps running wild (heh) is such an annoyance leveling up. It also doesn't help that they are set to some kind of screwed up mix between Assist and Defensive. If I dot a mob up, they'll just sit there like idiots for several seconds before a few ticks occur and they get it through their heads that, oh, this is who my master would like me to attack?? hurr durr pew. I've taken to sometimes swapping to demon form just to get a quick, instant Touch of Chaos at the start of a pull to get the idiots starting dps right away.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Blood fear taking %of hp, we already get a damn cooldown...cmon man!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I can never find a Rogue except on a BG. So PLEASE allow Shivara and Succubus to PICK LOCKS for chests and doors.

I really don't think that's asking too much.

The Idea of a Pocket Healer Demon or a Giant Guardian Healer demon would be good because it would force people to actually kill your demon.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/29/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Divergent
Make our class mounts either flying or be an instant cast.

just flying, wanted a warlock specific flying mount for a long time now
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
sorry i am really bad on my internet terms, but what does qol mean? Term seems new to me and i have not used it or never plan on to lol but would like to know what it means to respond to topics like these.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
I pretty much agree with everything you've said Divergent. Especially the Falling Meteor thing, the healing pet and the health funnel change.

I would also agree with there needing to be a buff to Burning Rush. It is basically unusable outside of running through a dungeon faster. It has no real practical value in PVE or PVP. In PVE it's on the GCD and is thus unusable for most situations. In PVP it just drains way too much health for what it does.

I would suggest taking it off the GCD, increasing the speed to 60-70%, and reducing the cost to 2% health per second.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
1. I personally think burning rush is fine where it is now in terms of health loss and the speed boost but the fact that it's on a gcd is quite an inconvenience.

2. Having to glyph for extra embers and soul shard seems like the opposite of what blizzard claims the new glyph system tries to promote: freedom of choice.

3. Out of combat soul shard regeneration is too slow.

4. Haunt travel time is dumb (I can't think of a better word really)

5. Having to re-summon pets after our deaths (notice OUR)

6. Soul shards being overwritten and going to waste
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
1- Doom should be removed and Corruption shouldn't stack with Meta, removing that disgusting stance dancing we always must do at the start of a battle.

2- Nightfall procs should give a Soulburn buff (as if you had just burned a Soul Shard), to not have any proc going waste.

3- The next Haunt could have insta cast after we damage once or a couple of times a target at or under 20% HP with Drain Soul. Afflic already have the most annoying AoE, would be nice to have a decent execute at least. Too much casting involved.

4- F&B should work like Trap Launcher from Hunters, we activate and cast as much as we want if there are enough Embers.

5- Something should be done about GoService. I'm not sure, but the time our demon wastes by just walking after the target seems to make it lose it's real effectiveness.

6- GoSac needs better utility. It has a crippled crap version of our pets. We get a single utility, copy/paste from the demon, over the pet, which have more abilities and the capacity to DPS and use those abilities regardless of the Warlock being stunned/CC'd. I think a interrupt and some 15/20% dmg reduction would be nice. 2% max HP every 5 sec is just fail, really. This Grimoire has been designed only for PvE. Only works well in PvP in a turret playstyle.

7- Glyphs need to be better designed. Blizz simply dump a bunch of random effects and expect them to be a choice when compared to others. They might not influence DPS, but there are certainly obviously better choices.

There might be more. I will come back later.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
ya thanks diverge for the breakdown of what qol means. in regards to osiria i admit i think grim sac in pvp is a total joke. The only pet viable for me is the feldog because of the silence we get to use, but trying the other pets and being Destruction i laugh hard when i killed each pet and seen what was given to me
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Improve soul fire damage to 200%+ spell coeficient, dont make it guaranted critical and dont active molten core eveytime i use chaos wave to balance it

IT IS A 4 SECONDS cast skill damn it!! the fact that only works with molten core means NOTHING! I want the skill be usefull even withouth molten core!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Yea, Molten Core is just bad. What's the point of a spell that can only be used with a proc? Why Molten Core doesn't simply work with Shadow Bolt? Even if we were to discuss about the perma crit, the proc could merely adjust it, like "Makes your Shadow Bolt crit, reduces it's cost by X and it's damage by Y". (Perma crit means less damage since it always crit)

Well, it could be used on Meta, but it's just a waste of DF and time. Same proc, but different effects based on our form. Reduced casting time and cost on normal mode, while instant cast with some cost reduction or maybe dmg buff to make up for the expensive cost. Considering any Molten Core spent on Meta is one less spent on caster form, and with the 10 charge limit, I don't see many possible balance issues. (Might even help to remove Doom)

Anyways, Life Tap on Afflic and Demo need to go. It's pretty awful, we're the only class to risk dying for the sake of "flavor". If I'm out of mana on a target with 20% less HP, 4-6 Soulfires are enough to burn the entire mana generated by 1 Life Tap. Keep it as utility or emergency, not as our basic method to get mana back. The Bloody Fear tied already fits the "HP cost spells" concept anyways, so nothing is really lost in flavor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]