Priests in the Brawler's Arena

90 Undead Priest
How are you guys faring in the arena so far? A little bit of time and effort and I'm finally rank 8, but these last mobs are brutal. It doesn't help that we don't have any true cooldowns except shadowfiend (that isn't buffed by Manastorm's power crystals) and a lackluster PI. Have any priests managed to defeat any of the last 4 mobs?

This isn't a QQ thread by the way. Spriest damage is fine, and I dont think the last 4 monsters are intended to just be rolled over without higher end gear. I just usually hit the enrage at about 50% health on the mobs.

Oh, and I'm a mainspec healer if my gearing seems way off.
Reply Quote
I see you have a disc spec, is disc viable there?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The monsters all have short enrage timers. I didn't try but you might be able to kill the first couple monsters before the enrage but I'd say anything after rank 1 and you'll need to be shadow.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply, aw looks like I won't be participating then.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
:(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Just found out my next opponent is called Battletron.

From the matches i've seen with other casters on this boss, it seems that you must cast through the openings of his shield. So I was wondering, since a lot of our spells are not projectile based, such as Mind Blast, SW:P, SW:D VT etc, does this mean that we have an advantage?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I wondered that myself, but I didn't bother to try and find out, i just allowed 2 to blow up at the start and just strafed around the rest of the time.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Some of it is gear based. From what I've seen, only one player (a Warlock) has managed to kill any rank 8 bosses in our CRZ Brawler's Arena Guild. He is also quite well decked out in mostly Heroic gear. And he still struggles with enrage timers.

I was under the impression many of these would not be possible until later and other tiers are opened progression wise.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Has anyone managed to kill Battletron here? As a Priest of course. I just got there.
Reply Quote
Well I decided to not buy the invite but farm it and I got the invitation so I'm in. Do you guys think I can fight with my current gear? Or do I need purples like everyone else? I'm shy so I don't want to get in there and fail :P

Will be disco
Edited by Badgers on 11/30/2012 11:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I don't thinK you'd get very far, there are enrage timers and Disc will only work on GG Engineers after a while
Edited by Prelude on 11/30/2012 11:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Having issues on Leona Earthwind...the question is kill adds or kite them? Also: everytime I fear her she literally runs through a wall and is out of LoS....everytime. I had to waste a major glyph to make her stay in place...if I kite the adds, i'm getting overwhelmed when she's at about 25% by 9 adds who by the way have obnoxious reach...way beyond their character models....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/01/2012 02:59 AMPosted by Troyooga
Having issues on Leona Earthwind...the question is kill adds or kite them? Also: everytime I fear her she literally runs through a wall and is out of LoS....everytime. I had to waste a major glyph to make her stay in place...if I kite the adds, i'm getting overwhelmed when she's at about 25% by 9 adds who by the way have obnoxious reach...way beyond their character models....

You can use fear bomb and psychic horror to interrupt her earthliving seed and stop adds from summoning, and if adds are summoned you can also fear bomb or void tendril them (though the tendrils will die very quick). They deal high melee damage but have very low health, so a fear bomb followed by halo should drop them fairly quickly. Best thing you can do for yourself though is to try and prevent the adds from summoning as much as possible.

After several more attempts at rank 8 and seeing different classes attempt the rank 8 mobs, I feel like priests just aren't going to kill any rank 8 mobs without some major, MAJOR gearing. Not having super strong steroid cooldowns are making these 2 minute fights very difficult.
Edited by Baraxus on 12/1/2012 4:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Aside from millhouse, the other 3 fights require heavy movement, and we know spriests isn't very good in that area... even if we have proc based talents.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
On the bright side, judging from this discussion, inturrupts aren't an issue like they are for most rare mobs, so obviously it will be possible eventually.
Reply Quote
2 flash heals and you are at full health..i don't see how you die.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
I am extremely dissapointed to hear that there is no arena tuned to healers. Healers get the shaft on everything. We don't get target training dummies, and now we can't even participate in the brawler's guild stuff.

Call it a QQ post if you must. But if blizzard ever reads these forums... the healers want to be able to show off their talent as well. Make encounters that test our healing ablities. Encounters for tanks too, while we are at it.

Role discrimination is getting pretty bad.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
How did you guys manage to beat Proboskus before he enrages after his second rain dance?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/01/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Raw
2 flash heals and you are at full health..i don't see how you die.

Not that simple. Early on yea sure, but as the ranks get higher the monster abilities are either one shots or the enrages so tight that healing yourself puts you at risk of dying.

12/01/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Zhim
How did you guys manage to beat Proboskus before he enrages after his second rain dance?

I didn't really have issues on this guy, but if you're hitting enrage don't forget to use the brawler potions with your trinket procs. You can also try and grab buffs from other players before you go on. During rain dance if you don't have instant procs to use just spam SW:P for DI procs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am extremely dissapointed to hear that there is no arena tuned to healers. Healers get the shaft on everything. We don't get target training dummies, and now we can't even participate in the brawler's guild stuff.

Call it a QQ post if you must. But if blizzard ever reads these forums... the healers want to be able to show off their talent as well. Make encounters that test our healing ablities. Encounters for tanks too, while we are at it.

Role discrimination is getting pretty bad.

That would be really fun, to have valithria/tsulong/that one fight in firelands type fights for solo encounters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]