Resto druid pve

90 Night Elf Druid
To fix the issue about movement when mushrooms are ramped up is we can re-position them without the healing being reset.

I hope to see a little buff to Tranquility. Even with internal CDs (using it with Incarnation or Nature's Vigil), it seems rather weak.
1 Gnome Warlock
The best possible buff they could do for Restoration Druids at this point is to delete Mushrooms entirely.

It is a failed spell, a failed concept, and a huge annoyance. Trying to "fix us" by marginally improving our worst, most bothersome mechanic is not going to fly. As long as this spell exists, and is the "new toy" they are going to keep trying, and failing, to make it work, and solve our issues through it.

Just get rid of it and start over. It's the only real long-term solution. Tiny radius, massive ramp up, requires clairvoyance to use properly... one single mistake by one person or random boss ability negates all the effort put into them... this solves none of our issues and likely only encourages sloppy play.

There are a million other things they can do besides this abomination of a spell concept. Please, I beg you, try them.

But none of that will happen. Resto will probably receive no other tweaks. We will remain on the bottom and fall even further behind as MOP progresses. We're pretty much a lost spec at this point if this is Blizzard's response. Even if they DO eventually do something meaningful it won't be until 5.3/5.4+. So we can expect to be terrible for another 6mo-1yr at minimum.

I really hate to say it, but Druids in general need a reworking. All specs except Guardian are extremely clunky in their mechanics. And Guardian's problem is being a fifth rate Protection Warrior in terms of design. Balance especially needs a retooling. Much like healing shrooms, eclipse is an abomination of a design that Blizzard refuses to acknowledge as a huge mistake and QOL issue (decent results are possible, but the hoops one must jump through to achieve them are ridiculous - any smidgen of inconsistency from the entire raid will screw you over -- Hunters and now especially Warlocks having 100% mobility is an INCREDIBLE insult as well given that a Moonkins DPS drops 100000000% during movement, and is lower than Warlocks, if not Hunters as well, even when standing still [certainly it is vs. only 1 target]). Given how persistent they are with that wretchedness, what a bleak future Restos have to look forward to.
1 Gnome Warlock
Clearly we are lagging behind and with other classes such as pallys there's no way to not have all your heals healed over with steady burst heals. It's a fact.

For those who say otherwise clearly aren't raid healing with such classes. Even with my 2-pc and being able to have a limited rejuv blanket I can't even compare.

Every single heal I do gets over healed by either instant single healing or instant burst aoe healing while my slow hots simply go into OH and I am left behind on logs.

And don't for a minute think that Tranq will always save you even if you cast it in tree or with vigil. You best hope you're 100% or you most likely will die casting it on certain fights.

Anyways I could care less what people say - whether we're 'fine' or only need help in 25 mans. Fact of the matter is regardless what raid size and all else being equal we'll always be second.

Does this mean we can't heal any encounter? Nope, but unless your buddy healer is Oom or simply mediocre you will 99% of the time be last on logs.

This isn't a problem with the healing class, it is just a sign that the healing is light or the damage is particularly bursty. HoT classes generally shine when there is strong, heavy, on-going raid wide damage. HoT classes will also generally not have a strong showing if you're using too many healers. This has been a pretty consistent trend.

Which is to say, not all the fights are favorable to HoT classes in much the same way that fights that require spreading aren't friendly to shaman.

Too bad Druids are pretty much dead last on Garalon... whoops. This is the worst fight in the tier for Resto Shamans, by a country mile, and they are still keeping pace with Druids on a fight everyone keeps saying plays directly into a Druid's toolkit.

Resto Druids are COMPLETELY trash in 25 mans. Mediocre in 10s. On top of all this, we bring far less actual utility than any other Healer save Mistweavers (who have stronger throughput). Our healing "weakness" is far more severe and restricting than any other healers. Heroic Modes have always and will always be about massive burst damage and surviving/recovering from it.
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
But none of that will happen. Resto will probably receive no other tweaks. We will remain on the bottom and fall even further behind as MOP progresses. We're pretty much a lost spec at this point if this is Blizzard's response. Even if they DO eventually do something meaningful it won't be until 5.3/5.4+. So we can expect to be terrible for another 6mo-1yr at minimum.

Melodramatic much? If T15 proves to be a spread/mobile tier Rdruids will be king, and if not new shrooms will provide a nice bonus on over-healing if stacked.
1 Gnome Warlock
Druids are not the kings of any spread/mobile fights this tier. Not even remotely.

The likely fate of the new shrooms is overhealing converted to more overhealing thanks to Disc Priests and Paladins.

Maybe if we have a tier on which all of the fights require all raid member to be moving 100% of the time. Care to wager how likely that is?
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
Druids are not the kings of any spread/mobile fights this tier. Not even remotely.

Because there are none :(. Only two fights healing rain is not my top heal, and that's Spirit kings(Low damage thoughout) and Blade lord. Only one close is Lei Shi(Maybe will if your raiders are bad), but it's more cooldowns and direct heals than anything.

If T15 is like firelands(Anything is possible), then the tide would change. Some classes are highly tied to encounter design, and that's just how it is ;s.
Edited by Sensations on 1/11/2013 3:42 PM PST
5 Human Warlock
01/11/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Sensations

Melodramatic much? If T15 proves to be a spread/mobile tier Rdruids will be king, and if not new shrooms will provide a nice bonus on over-healing if stacked.

This pretty much. Or we could see the return of the aura a' la HWill. I hold my own in that fight against our disc and totally demolish our shaman.

The shrooms design is interesting since afaik it is the first spell that tries to take advantage of OH. Someone at Blizz had quite an inspired moment to come up with that. I think it will ultimately fail but it will be fun to give it a try.
100 Tauren Druid
Well apparently mushrooms are being changed, we all thought they were really strong (yet fatally flawed in concept) and apparently they were broken and not working properly.

Hotfix inc.

Blue post per mmochamp;

We’re still iterating on this design for Wild Mushrooms. Currently, they each absorb 25% overheal, up to a max of 33% of the Druid’s max health (total of 75% / 100% with 3 Mushrooms out). This max size isn’t working in build 16446, but we hope to hotfix that soon. Upon blooming, their accumulated healing is split over the targets they heal. Several parts of this aren’t yet working in build 16446, leading them to be massively overpowered (which we also hope to hotfix soon). Feedback, especially in future builds, is appreciated.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Expect fat nerf and more useless mushrooms.
Edited by Tonydanza on 1/11/2013 6:41 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
imo resto druids are great tho they are still like id say the 4th best out of the 6 diffrent healing specs so again imo the order is mistweaver>holy palli> disp priest> resto druid> holy priests> resto shamans. at the time of posting this
100 Dwarf Shaman
01/14/2013 09:36 AMPosted by Felkrozwaz
imo resto druids are great tho they are still like id say the 4th best out of the 6 diffrent healing specs so again imo the order is mistweaver>holy palli> disp priest> resto druid> holy priests> resto shamans. at the time of posting this

? Here is real data : http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25H/100/14/60/default/#0000000000000001000000000000111111

Resto druids are dead last with disc priests doing 25% better. Resto druids need a serious buff going into 5.2 none of this healing mushroom bull!@#$. A disc priests 1 minute spirit shell does more healing than our tranquility. We need an actually direct heal other than regrowth thats worth using. I dont understand how resto druid have THREE useless healing spells nourish, wild mushrooms and healing touch.
Edited by Donteven on 1/14/2013 9:55 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
01/14/2013 09:36 AMPosted by Felkrozwaz

Your order made me laugh just because you have disc priest 3rd.
100 Dwarf Shaman
This isn't a problem with the healing class, it is just a sign that the healing is light or the damage is particularly bursty. HoT classes generally shine when there is strong, heavy, on-going raid wide damage. HoT classes will also generally not have a strong showing if you're using too many healers. This has been a pretty consistent trend.

Which is to say, not all the fights are favorable to HoT classes in much the same way that fights that require spreading aren't friendly to shaman.

If I put rejuvenation on someone at 50% hp by the time rejuv hits the 3rd tick that person is at full hp. We have no burst healing at all, our hots overheal like crazy, tranquility is HORRIBLE, cant even use it while moving heals for nothing, nourish is useless, healing touch is useless, wild mushrooms are useles, and now blizzard think buffing wild mushroom will gap the 30% healing disparity between disc and resto druids? The wild mushroom buff will most likely be completely negligible. If you were to double the healing of rejuv and wild growth resto druids would still not be competing with disc priest. some serious thought needs to go into resto druids.
Edited by Donteven on 1/14/2013 10:11 AM PST

If I put rejuvenation on someone at 50% hp by the time rejuv hits the 3rd tick that person is at full hp. We have no burst healing at all, our hots overheal like crazy, tranquility is HORRIBLE, cant even use it while moving heals for nothing, nourish is useless, healing touch is useless, wild mushrooms are useles, and now blizzard think buffing wild mushroom will gap the 30% healing disparity between disc and resto druids? The wild mushroom buff will most likely be completely negligible. If you were to double the healing of rejuv and wild growth resto druids would still not be competing with disc priest. some serious thought needs to go into resto druids.

It's not just that Resto is really weak, Disc Priests are too good right now. As far as I know, Spirit Shell will no longer scale with Mastery, which should tone down Disc a bit. Even with the change, Disc is probably still too good, just because absorbs are a strong mechanic. They have zero overheal and are preemptive.

Since Druids are a HoT class, they're going to have a lot of overheal. It's unavoidable. The Wild Mushroom change will at least prevent Rejuv overheal from being wasted, and it's a decent amount of healing in a stacked situation, a niche that Resto's been lacking. The radius is still a bit too small, but the change is a step in the right direction.
90 Night Elf Druid
[quote]

The Wild Mushroom change will at least prevent Rejuv overheal from being wasted, and it's a decent amount of healing in a stacked situation, a niche that Resto's been lacking. The radius is still a bit too small, but the change is a step in the right direction.

450k split between 25 people, in heroic progression is nothing. It's a joke. It's meter padding at best. I want to feel like my healing actually keeps people alive. It's disgusting that disc priests can spam 100K+ shields on the entire raid in stacked situations every time spirit shell is up and resto druids get clunky, weak, ineffective, high maintenance mushrooms.
Edited by Furcadia on 1/14/2013 11:14 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
HC
Late to the discussion but oh well. Lots of people have said what I would have said in different words anyway. Minus this:
01/11/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Eleäzaras
On top of all this, we bring far less actual utility than any other Healer save Mistweavers

Disagree. We bring most utility of any healer. HotW, Vortex, ability to tank something in bear with a viable CD that allows us to last longer than even a paladin, Typhoon, Stampeding Roar. Despite the utility, I don't think that means our healing should be as it is currently. The utility we bring is nice, really it is, but all specs of druid can bring it. And the fact is druids are more useful as boomkin currently.
1 Gnome Warlock
Late to the discussion but oh well. Lots of people have said what I would have said in different words anyway. Minus this:
On top of all this, we bring far less actual utility than any other Healer save Mistweavers

Disagree. We bring most utility of any healer. HotW, Vortex, ability to tank something in bear with a viable CD that allows us to last longer than even a paladin, Typhoon, Stampeding Roar. Despite the utility, I don't think that means our healing should be as it is currently. The utility we bring is nice, really it is, but all specs of druid can bring it. And the fact is druids are more useful as boomkin currently.

If a Boomkin brings 95% of the utility, why would you ever have a Resto Druid? (most don't, is the answer more and more)

Let's rephrase: Resto spec brings the least, or nearly the least, utility out of all healing specs.
100 Human Priest
Don't forget about Symbiosis on a shaman for Spirit Walker's grace. A moving tranq is imo the best way to do blade lord phase 2. Symbiosis in general is ridiculous for utility. And like he^ said, the utility is really too good to overlook. A pre-pot Heart of the Wild is a must if you're pushing harder content.

Don't be meter maids, high hps doesn't down content.
90 Night Elf Druid
01/14/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Twistedmind
Don't be meter maids, high hps doesn't down content.

It does stink when most 25 heroic guilds only allow one resto druid due to the lack of burst and how we're not up to par. Sadly that's what officers look at is HPS and they think we're useless compared to other healers. The more healers they bring, the worst resto druids are due to heal snipping.

This is just from my experience. We ran 2 resto druids and we were lacking burst, heavily.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]