Resto druid pve

90 Troll Druid
- The Restoration 4pc causes each Rejuvenation tick to heal for 6% more than the last; it’s multiplicative. 100%->106%->112%->119%->126%->134%->etc.

- We are going to slightly increase Resto druid healing across the board.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=15#299
Edited by Rejuvenate on 1/14/2013 9:49 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
01/14/2013 10:08 PMPosted by Dewan

:O

Hey a little love is better than none at all right?

If they buff Rejuv (which they likely will) Mushrooms gets buffed by default.
90 Troll Druid
the reason you would bring a resto druid to the raid was because they brought massive amounts of healing, every cool down was a "do more healing" cool down tranquility,natures swiftness, tree form, everything was "this will make you do more healing". and as such it was kind of expected that druids would do top HPS, really that's their only purpose to rain buckets of healing. no raid mitigation cool-downs at all

as the game currently stands many other healers out heal druids, in addition to bringing whatever additional raid cool downs make their kit unique.

with the game in this state, there's no real reason to bring a resto druid except to fill a spot if you don't have enough other healers. why bring a class that's build around high HPS if other classes can bring more healing and additional utility.

at least that's my 2 cents
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/15/2013 12:11 AMPosted by Rusek
and as such it was kind of expected that druids would do top HPS, really that's their only purpose to rain buckets of healing. no raid mitigation cool-downs at all

Yea you would think paladins and disc would be slightly better than druids at tank damage fights, but burst aoe dmg fights? sustained raid damage fights and everything inbetween?

01/14/2013 10:08 PMPosted by Dewan

Hopefully Wild Growth gets a nice buff I feel like aoe healing is missing a little whenever I heal some heroics raid boss, there are peroids of high burst for like 5-8 sec where you pretty much have to rejuv blanket which is super hard on mana. And please make nourish viable.... or healing touch 2 healing spells barely used. I get its supposed to be slow mana efficient heals but its extremely weak ands its hard to even find a time to use it.
Edited by Donteven on 1/15/2013 10:06 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
HC
01/15/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Donteven
Hopefully Wild Growth gets a nice buff

I've seen this thrown around a lot and I want to know why you all think WG is even lacking in the first place? It's constantly within the ~2-3% range with my top 3 heals. Sometimes it's #1. Can someone explain this to me, please?
90 Orc Shaman
HC
and as such it was kind of expected that druids would do top HPS, really that's their only purpose to rain buckets of healing. no raid mitigation cool-downs at all

r u ok
90 Troll Druid
HC
01/15/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Sensations

r u ok

Wow how did I not catch that gem...
90 Worgen Druid
Is anybody else worried about the loss (via gear upgrades) of our 4-set's interaction with the SM/WG CDs? Most raiding druids are using this to pump up their healing.
90 Troll Druid
HC
01/15/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Alphadruid

I've seen this thrown around a lot and I want to know why you all think WG is even lacking in the first place? It's constantly within the ~2-3% range with my top 3 heals. Sometimes it's #1. Can someone explain this to me, please?

Probably because it was nerfed after T12.

Buffing wild growth would be a sure way to increase resto druid output "across the boards." Buffing other spells may be a better option though. We'll see.

So? Doesn't mean it needs to be buffed. I'd like a bit more in-depth explanation. When WG gets to be used to its fullest potential, it does a substantial amount of healing. It does not indicate it needs a buff.
90 Night Elf Druid
01/15/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Fleurs
I've seen this thrown around a lot and I want to know why you all think WG is even lacking in the first place?

The cooldown, mainly. If there is a lot of raid damage (eg titan gas) you cast WG and then... what? Sit on your !@# until it comes off CD? Cast single-target heals or HoTs?

It would be one thing if we at least had a group HoT like Renewing Mists, but we don't. We have WG, which is on a cooldown, and Efflo, which is weak and comes from a spell with an even longer cooldown. And then we're stuck casting a separate spell for each person we want to heal, which burns mana pretty fast (even though, if you're using Rejuv, it heals them slowly and will probably just be sniped by someone with a spammable direct group heal). Spells like Prayer of Healing and Chain Heal can be cast as often as you can afford. Light of Dawn can be cast as fast as you can generate HP (and you can stockpile up to 5, so in a burst aoe situation you can potentially do 2 full strength LoDs in 3 seconds).

Part of the problem may be that we don't have a secondary resource we can stockpile for things like Light of Dawn and Uplift, but of course, priests and shaman don't have secondary resources either; they just have no-cooldown group heals.
90 Troll Druid
HC
The cooldown, mainly. If there is a lot of raid damage (eg titan gas) you cast WG and then... what? Sit on your !@# until it comes off CD? Cast single-target heals or HoTs?

The CD? That's ridiculous. The duration of WG lasts almost 7 seconds (6.69) and the CD itself is only 8. So there is only 1.3 seconds you are actually waiting for it to come back up. You really think that's the problem? I think that that's an incorrect assumption. And to answer your other questions, yes, you cast Rejuv. And as it's been said many a time already, rejuv in its current form is too expensive. I'm glad we're seeing some changes in regards to that, though. So that should fix some issues. But that doesn't answer my question about WG.

01/15/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Calonderiel
Efflo, which is weak and comes from a spell with an even longer cooldown

This is where you're starting to build your case. WG is fine, especially in regards to its CD. Efflo smart-heals 3 targets for 6.69 secs and has a CD of 15 seconds. That's a bigger disparity that could be argued to not have enough power to its punch considering the number of people it will heal.
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd rather see a buff to Efflorescence rather than Wild Growth as far as uptime goes.
90 Troll Druid
HC

So? Doesn't mean it needs to be buffed. I'd like a bit more in-depth explanation. When WG gets to be used to its fullest potential, it does a substantial amount of healing. It does not indicate it needs a buff.

If the goal is to increase druid output slightly across all situations and player skill levels a wild growth buff might be a reliable way to accomplish that even if the current spell is effective.

That's just making a specific spell too good. It's a bandaid for something else that needs to be fixed. And I really think the changes they made towards Rejuv can fix that.
90 Night Elf Druid
"We are going to slightly increase Resto druid healing across the board."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=15#299

^

I'm not terribly happy about this. When I do LFR, I'm usually 3rd place in heals. I usually get beaten by a shaman or priest in the first 2 spots. I'm also usually the top in overheals (meaning I'm getting heal sniped a lot). Boosting our overall healing across the board doesn't really resolve this issue. It just means I'm going to jump even higher in overheals and be in the same place for actual healing done.
Edited by Podolly on 1/15/2013 6:58 PM PST
1 Gnome Warlock
Blizzard should *definitely* be taking LFR balance into consideration.

Yes.
90 Night Elf Druid
Eleäzaras: Not sure if you're being sarcastic or honestly agreeing with me. If you're being sarcastic, then my response would be, everything else gets taken into consideration, such as PvP, why not LFR? Lots of people with RL schedules that don't allow for a lot of free time use LFR frequently. I currently only get one day off a week. I spend nights at work and days at college. My one day off a week is spent doing homework and errands. I play WoW after my homework and errands are done for the week. I barely even get sleep, let alone game time.

Alphadruid: I already use Wild Mushrooms as it is and that still doesn't help the situation terribly. Heal sniping is still going to be a major problem.
Edited by Podolly on 1/15/2013 7:37 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]