Resto druid pve

90 Troll Druid
HC
PvP is 10x harder than LFR. Can't even put them in same sentences. The reason you're getting "sniped" is because in LFR there is barely any damage, so the priests are just absorbing anything that DOES happen.

People that use LFR are either trying to get tier/last pieces they need that they can't get in their real raid setting, or use LFR as a means of getting to know fights. LFR takes like 15 minutes to do an instance that usually takes 4 hours. Can you see how it's not meant to be looked at so importantly? It does not teach you how to be a raider in any aspect because it's so forgiving. Take anything that happens in LFR with a grain of salt.

It truly does only take about 15 minutes to do, so I'm sorry that's the only raiding you get to do. I know someone that has the same kind of schedule you do and he's in a top-tier raiding guild that raids like 6 days a week.
100 Tauren Druid
Eleäzaras: Not sure if you're being sarcastic or honestly agreeing with me. If you're being sarcastic, then my response would be, everything else gets taken into consideration, such as PvP, why not LFR? Lots of people with RL schedules that don't allow for a lot of free time use LFR frequently. I currently only get one day off a week. I spend nights at work and days at college. My one day off a week is spent doing homework and errands. I play WoW after my homework and errands are done for the week. I barely even get sleep, let alone game time.

Alphadruid: I already use Wild Mushrooms as it is and that still doesn't help the situation terribly. Heal sniping is still going to be a major problem.

LFR is a means to gear up to do real content. Thus LFR numbers will never be taken into account for balance as you're looking at such a wide variety of ilvl's. You can have a healer (or tanks and dps) with 465 and be comparing them to 490s.
There is absolutely nothing to be gained from using lfr as a means to balance.
Blizzard balances the game off of 10/25man raiding content and high end PvP. This is because all characters (in the same group) are, in general, in the same ballpark of gear levels.
100 Dwarf Shaman
01/15/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Fleurs
I've seen this thrown around a lot and I want to know why you all think WG is even lacking in the first place? It's constantly within the ~2-3% range with my top 3 heals. Sometimes it's #1. Can someone explain this to me, please?

WG is close to your number 1 healing spell? So what? We're discussing the problems with resto druids and AoE healing is one. I'm not surprise that your best aoe heal is going to be your top heal lol. We're not comparing rejuv to wild growth we're comparing druids to other healing classes. An In case you haven't noticed the 30% healing disparity between resto druids and disc priests here's a link:
raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25H/100/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111.

Im sure you realize buffing only 1 spell won't fix this, and for the record the only reason holy priests are that low is because everyone is playing disc. We are far behind the other healers on throughput, and anyone that says differently need to provide some evidence.
01/15/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Fleurs
rejuv in its current form is too expensive. I'm glad we're seeing some changes in regards to that, though. So that should fix some issues.

You realize 2p resto reduces the mana cost of rejuv by 10%? next patch it will be nerfed 9% so once we lose our 2 set it will actually be more expensive. Just sayin, wont fix anything not to mention our 2p t15 is almost completely negligible, most likely won't even be a 1% healing buff especially in 10 man were 9/10 times efflorescence doesn't even hit 3 people nevermind 4.
Edited by Donteven on 1/16/2013 12:25 PM PST
100 Orc Shaman
HC
I've seen this thrown around a lot and I want to know why you all think WG is even lacking in the first place? It's constantly within the ~2-3% range with my top 3 heals. Sometimes it's #1. Can someone explain this to me, please?

WG is close to your number 1 healing spell? So what? We're discussing the problems with resto druids and AoE healing is one. I'm not surprise that your best aoe heal is going to be your top heal lol. We're not comparing rejuv to wild growth we're comparing druids to other healing classes. An In case you haven't noticed the 30% healing disparity between resto druids and disc priests here's a link:
raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25H/100/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111.

Im sure you realize buffing only 1 spell won't fix this, and for the record the only reason holy priests are that low is because everyone is playing disc. We are far behind the other healers on throughput, and anyone that says differently need to provide some evidence.
rejuv in its current form is too expensive. I'm glad we're seeing some changes in regards to that, though. So that should fix some issues.

You realize 2p resto reduces the mana cost of rejuv by 10%? next patch it will be nerfed 9% so once we lose our 2 set it will actually be more expensive. Just sayin, wont fix anything not to mention our 2p t15 is almost completely negligible, most likely won't even be a 1% healing buff especially in 10 man were 9/10 times efflorescence doesn't even hit 3 people nevermind 4.

Nice sampling bias, hyperbole seems to be your strong suit.
Edited by Sensations on 1/16/2013 2:03 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
the reason you would bring a resto druid to the raid was because they brought massive amounts of healing, every cool down was a "do more healing" cool down tranquility,natures swiftness, tree form, everything was "this will make you do more healing". and as such it was kind of expected that druids would do top HPS, really that's their only purpose to rain buckets of healing. no raid mitigation cool-downs at all

as the game currently stands many other healers out heal druids, in addition to bringing whatever additional raid cool downs make their kit unique.

with the game in this state, there's no real reason to bring a resto druid except to fill a spot if you don't have enough other healers. why bring a class that's build around high HPS if other classes can bring more healing and additional utility.

at least that's my 2 cents

I must be doing something wrong then . Having solo healed much of a 10N Elegon kill last
night after my co healer fell down a hole
90 Troll Druid
I must be doing something wrong then . Having solo healed much of a 10N Elegon kill last
night after my co healer fell down a hole

What's your point?

While I'm not one who thinks the sky is falling, I do think they "could" fix our burst. If they don't, I wouldn't complain.

Also, the funny thing about increasing our healing is that we'll probably just overheal more.

Should be interesting how it all works out.
90 Orc Shaman
New notes in the ptr build

Biggest one is this:

Naturalist (New) Increases all healing you deal by 10%. Druid - Restoration Spec.

And of course they fixed the shroom bug. But that is a straight-up 10% buff which was expected as GC posted about it earlier.
90 Troll Druid
That's pretty nice. I'm thinking we will be doing just fine in 5.2. Healing is looking to be very balanced in 10's at least. Not sure how it will pan out in 25 man but buffs are buffs.
100 Troll Druid
01/16/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Halfatree
That's pretty nice. I'm thinking we will be doing just fine in 5.2. Healing is looking to be very balanced in 10's at least. Not sure how it will pan out in 25 man but buffs are buffs.

Sounds like WM will be amazing because from what it looks like it won't have DR
Edited by Rejuvenate on 1/16/2013 2:31 PM PST
01/16/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Rejuvenate

Sounds like WM will be amazing because from what it looks like it won't have DR

It looks like the baseline heal won't DR, but the bonus healing from overheals will be split between targets. So it sorta DRs, but it sorta doesn't.

Still, Resto got a nice buff or two.
100 Night Elf Druid
How about this Blizz? Instead of placing the shrooms first, why not place them last AFTER the overheals have been absorbed. This would give us more control over where they are placed.
So in other words, click to activate overheal absorbs, then, when full, click again to place and detonate.
90 Troll Druid
HC
01/16/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Donteven
WG is close to your number 1 healing spell? So what? We're discussing the problems with resto druids and AoE healing is one.

It's as if it went in one ear and out the other...

Someone suggested buffing WG to fix our aoe healing problem. I asked them why they thought it needed a buff in the first place, since it is currently doing just fine when used appropriately, in my eyes.

Maybe you think aoe healing is problem, OK, but buffing WG is not the solution because all it does is buff something that's already in a good place. You need to look elsewhere. Someone mentioned efflo, and I said that was a much better place to begin. What does any of that conversation have to do with your response?

We're not comparing rejuv to wild growth we're comparing druids to other healing classes.

This is probably a pretty bad idea... The thing I don't think you're getting is that rejuv is undoubtedly our best aoe heal. The only problem is that it just costs too damn much. So we rely on other means: WG/Efflo (and hopefully shrooms, soon).

Rejuv can most definitely be compared to WG, unlike most other classes, because Rejuv is the heart of our toolset. We rely on it for single-target and raid-wide heals. You don't really see that in any other class.

We are far behind the other healers on throughput, and anyone that says differently need to provide some evidence.

Far is not the word I'd use. But no one is denying we are lower.

You realize 2p resto reduces the mana cost of rejuv by 10%? next patch it will be nerfed 9% so once we lose our 2 set it will actually be more expensive.

!@#$, really? I must be living under a rock.

Just sayin, wont fix anything not to mention our 2p t15 is almost completely negligible, most likely won't even be a 1% healing buff especially in 10 man were 9/10 times efflorescence doesn't even hit 3 people nevermind 4.

I haven't looked at the t15 bonuses yet, but if it's making efflo heal 1 extra person, then for you to say that that's negligible you are a beyond speaking to. If you had raiders like in my group that actually WALKED INTO efflo/healing rain instead of just meandering wherever the hell they want, you'd know how big of a difference this would make.
100 Night Elf Druid
01/15/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Fleurs
The duration of WG lasts almost 7 seconds (6.69) and the CD itself is only 8.

It would be much more useful if you could cast it on more different people while it's still running on the first set of people. Especially in 25 man, which includes LFR. If people in LFR-appropriate gear (you know, not everyone goes in there in 490) are having trouble keeping LFR raids up, there's a problem. If only certain specs are having trouble, there's a problem with those specs. LFRs do have a lot of healers so there will probably be someone with a better AOE toolkit, but that doesn't make it ok for druids to be bad at healing more than 6 people.

And no, rejuv is not too expensive. We're too reliant on it because our other tools are lacking. It's not supposed to be the one spell for all occasions, because that leads to a very boring healing spec. I'd go further and say that no single-target spell should be the go-to form of healing multiple players; if you're using single-target spells to heal damage to 6+ players, either you're doing it wrong or your spec is broken.

As for efflo, if they're going to provide a tier set bonus that raises the target cap, they could at least couple that with a radius buff (either baseline or as part of the set) to improve the chance of catching more people in the area.

P.S. If they really want to stick with Rejuvenation for all seasons, how about a new passive: Whenever your Rejuvenation would tick on a party/raid member that cannot receive the full amount of healing, it jumps to the lowest %HP party/raid member within 20 yards not already affected by your Rejuvenation, keeping the same remaining duration (and then ticks on them). (If nobody else is hurt worse, or those players already have Rejuv, it goes ahead and ticks for overheal. If cast outside the raid, it just stays where you put it.) If we're really going to be the HoT spec, a smart HoT would be pretty cool. It wouldn't increase the max amount healed at all, but damn would it ever help with a lot of overheal situations.
90 Troll Druid
HC
01/16/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Calonderiel
If people in LFR-appropriate gear (you know, not everyone goes in there in 490) are having trouble keeping LFR raids up, there's a problem

Yeah, they don't have a clue about wtf they're doing. Hence why they made LFR so ridiculously easy that you can literally take up to 5 Wind Bombs in a rowon Wind Lord and not wipe; whereas if you did it on heroic, hitting just 1 wipes you.

LFRs do have a lot of healers so there will probably be someone with a better AOE toolkit, but that doesn't make it ok for druids to be bad at healing more than 6 people.

We need to stop basing anything off of LFR. That basically gives no examples whatsoever unless you pre-plan with guildies to 2heal it (having them select healer but just go DPS). And that's not even really going to help you. That's just going to say "I can snipe these people faster than you can". Healing isn't just about numbers, it's about how YOU as a player ensure people's lives by utilizing everything given to you and being able to keep enough mana throughout an entire fight.

And no, rejuv is not too expensive. We're too reliant on it because our other tools are lacking.

Yes, Rejuv is too expensive without the 2set or our incoming changes. These other tools you speak of consist of only 1 spell: Wild Mushrooms. This spell needs to be changed, and it is. Otherwise, rejuv is our most reliable spell because that is the heart of our toolkit, simply since there are no other spells for us to use in its place.

As for efflo, if they're going to provide a tier set bonus that raises the target cap, they could at least couple that with a radius buff (either baseline or as part of the set) to improve the chance of catching more people in the area.

Would be nice. But it's more a matter of getting your DPS to stand in it and for you to place it in an appropriate place =\

a smart HoT would be pretty cool

WG
100 Night Elf Druid
I so love this. All the times the developers said we were fine.... Guess we were really not.

Whether the buffs are the appropiate ones or not thats up for debate. But it turns out, that we were not fine despite what a few tried to make us believe.
90 Night Elf Druid
Fleurs:
"It truly does only take about 15 minutes to do, so I'm sorry that's the only raiding you get to do. I know someone that has the same kind of schedule you do and he's in a top-tier raiding guild that raids like 6 days a week."

We don't have too many flexible guilds on my server that can work around my schedule. However, you shouldn't just dismiss what I say because I value having a job and putting myself through college more than playing WoW. It's great that you know someone who found a guild that can work with his schedule, but I think you lost the main point I was trying to get across: That Blizz buffing our healing across the board doesn't really solve the issue; LFR, Normal, or Heroic-wise. You'd rather just pick apart the unrelated things that I said (LFR, PVP) instead of addressing the main point that I was trying to get across. In fact, you haven't really proved me wrong at all. You just kind of ignored my main point.
90 Troll Druid
HC
Fleurs:
"It truly does only take about 15 minutes to do, so I'm sorry that's the only raiding you get to do. I know someone that has the same kind of schedule you do and he's in a top-tier raiding guild that raids like 6 days a week."

We don't have too many flexible guilds on my server that can work around my schedule. However, you shouldn't just dismiss what I say because I value having a job and putting myself through college more than playing WoW. It's great that you know someone who found a guild that can work with his schedule, but I think you lost the main point I was trying to get across: That Blizz buffing our healing across the board doesn't really solve the issue; LFR, Normal, or Heroic-wise. You'd rather just pick apart the unrelated things that I said (LFR, PVP) instead of addressing the main point that I was trying to get across. In fact, you haven't really proved me wrong at all. You just kind of ignored my main point.

I did not say what I said in a rude way, or intend it to come across that way. Sorry if it did. I'm just pointing out that so far, minus the quoted text, you only mentioned LFR and suggested balancing around it. The fact remains that balance does not come from Blizzard looking at the content that caters to casuals.
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/16/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Gardiff
Naturalist (New) Increases all healing you deal by 10%. Druid - Restoration Spec.

Holy christ.
5 Human Warlock
01/16/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Taymage

Holy christ.

Now they just need to do the same for shaman.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]