Resto druid pve

90 Worgen Druid
One
They should have given us a new healing spell, mushrooms been there since cata and we should stop asking for buffs to make it worthwhile to use and instead demand a newer spell.
Even a CTRL+V from another healers toolkit would do for variety.
I am surprised more people didnt go WTF at MOP as we are the only healer to not get a new healing spell.

give us a pom or cascade or halo thanks

"Wild Mushroom (Level 85): Grows a magical mushroom at the target location. After 4 seconds the mushroom becomes invisible. Enemies who cross the mushroom detonate it, causing it to deal area-of-effect damage, though its damage component will remain very effective against single targets. The druid can also choose to detonate the mushroom ahead of time. This is primarily a tool for the Balance druid, and there will be talents that play off of it. No cooldown. 40-yard range. Instant cast."

Thats from cata preview so the new healing spell we got is a rehashed dps spell. It was never made with healing in mind and designers were in a hurry to ship it out with minimal coding requirement to make balance and resto mushroom different. What other excuse is there of not being mindful of balancing aoe slow vs aoe heal when it comes to RING SIZE

They didnt make it unintentionally bad instead they were intentionally lazy that is all

Ps. I would die laughing if someone said "We made the radius small on purpose because its a very powerful spell and it would break healing balance"
5 Human Warlock
They should have given us a new healing spell, mushrooms been there since cata and we should stop asking for buffs to make it worthwhile to use and instead demand a newer spell.
Even a CTRL+V from another healers toolkit would do for variety.
I am surprised more people didnt go WTF at MOP as we are the only healer to not get a new healing spell.

give us a pom or cascade or halo thanks

"Wild Mushroom (Level 85): Grows a magical mushroom at the target location. After 4 seconds the mushroom becomes invisible. Enemies who cross the mushroom detonate it, causing it to deal area-of-effect damage, though its damage component will remain very effective against single targets. The druid can also choose to detonate the mushroom ahead of time. This is primarily a tool for the Balance druid, and there will be talents that play off of it. No cooldown. 40-yard range. Instant cast."

Thats from cata preview so the new healing spell we got is a rehashed dps spell. It was never made with healing in mind and designers were in a hurry to ship it out with minimal coding requirement to make balance and resto mushroom different. What other excuse is there of not being mindful of balancing aoe slow vs aoe heal when it comes to RING SIZE

They didnt make it unintentionally bad instead they were intentionally lazy that is all

Ps. I would die laughing if someone said "We made the radius small on purpose because its a very powerful spell and it would break healing balance"

Looking over the blue tweets it appears that shrooms are on their list. Don't get your hopes up and expect to get Cascade, but hopefully they will gain some usability. Also they are keeping an eye on Discs who are probably the main reason our output is so low.
90 Worgen Druid
One
Check these logs of top parsing resto druid vs holy priest on garalon
(Comparing it with holy priest as thats the healing spec which tradiotnally resembled resto druid in terms of coh>wg and renew>rejuv)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8bekfjaj96uxkg0k/details/30/?s=1892&e=2306
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wfix3ktyhg6f0pjn/details/2/?s=6125&e=6541

Resto druid
10% Tranquility
5.2% Wild mushroom:Bloom

Holy priest
20.3% Divine star
7.3% Divine Hymn
11% Prayer of Mending
4.5% Lightspring renew (lightwell)
4.3% Sanctuary

Now on that fight Tranq is a bit weak because a premptive cast gets interrupted with crush stun. However it just shows you how strong upfront aoe healing cds like healing tide and Divine star are compared to tranq which relies on a hot component. Even if you count for how much tranq potentially loses out on opportunity cost divine star just looks like a stronger spell for immediate top ups.

Wildmushroom is competing against Lightwell and sanctuary however dont just look at healing done. Look at the GCD cost of those mushrooms as resto druids are GCD capped when it comes to healing output

GCDS used by resto druid
96 - Wildmushroom and Wildmushroom detonate

GCDS used by holy priest
24- Prayer of mending (2x Better on healing done)
1- Lightspring
6- Holy word sanctuary

Garalon is a movement heavy fight and thats precisely the reason i am using it as thats something resto druid is supposed to be traditionally good at right from the time of archimonde in hyjal ( sorry didnt really raid before that)

Ps. I not mentioning Echo of light Mastery from the holy priest which is responsible for 21% free healing as it doesnt use a gcd
"activating" harmony takes 2 intentional gcds at the start, 1 if you are (as you should) rolling a rejuv on a target you will be swiftmending on, on cooldown, and provides a substantial boost to healing for a druid as well, just because its not a "visible extra spell" on recount does not make it a non-factor.
90 Worgen Druid
One
Ok should I than mulitply the resto druids healing numbers on wol with his mastery bonus?
I dont think you got my point that the druid had like 99.2% harmony uptime and all his healing spells include mastery bonus unlike a holy priest's which artificially downplays % healing done of a particular spell by chucking the mastery in a different spell

ie. to make the numbers comparable multiply the holy priests individual spell by 1.209
90 Worgen Druid
One
Ghostcrawlers tweet was on 15th nov
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/269174199648657408

Question>Any word on healing mushrooms? They are pretty useless but have so much potential.
GC>Agree they aren't there yet, but we want them to be sutiational, and not used on cooldown.

If only he meant as a HPS cooldown. Math says assuming perfect lag and response (in real world u can actually assume gcd to be 1.1-1.2 secs)
96 perfect seconds resulted in 2,525,397 healing done or a wild mushroom usage HPS of 26,306 on heroic garalon.
So its safe to assume its not a HPS cooldown but its either or both of below

1.Burst aoe cooldown which on a sustained hps basis is poor but is made up for the fact that it somehow saves peoples lives and when hots would be too slow to make up health defecit

2.Its a good HPM cooldown and cheapest way to do aoe healing without running oom or to rune of fumes longer

Actually there is another complication when calculating this. Wild mushroom detonate is off gcd cooldown but in real world there is a pretty hefty gcd penalty.
And i am sorry but it appears casting wild mushrooms takes gcd of 0.5
SO ABOVE MATHS IS COMPLETE BS

so those 96 spell actions arent exact 1.0 second gcds so will let professionals calculate actual HPS in a real world situation for sustained hps from wild mushroom usage

I think the problem with mushrooms will be that the healing balance design team at blizzard is assuming perfect play on 0.5 gcds and off gcd spell spammage without taking real world performance into account

TL;DR dont make gcd 0.5 seconds for planting and make us spam that rather just make it 1.5 seconds or even 1.0 second and let us plant 3 at one go
This will lead to a quality of life increase and the bloom cooldown at 10 seconds remains unchanged this way.
91 Night Elf Druid
Ghostcrawlers tweet was on 15th nov
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/269174199648657408

Question>Any word on healing mushrooms? They are pretty useless but have so much potential.
GC>Agree they aren't there yet, but we want them to be sutiational, and not used on cooldown.

If only he meant as a HPS cooldown. Math says assuming perfect lag and response (in real world u can actually assume gcd to be 1.1-1.2 secs)
96 perfect seconds resulted in 2,525,397 healing done or a wild mushroom usage HPS of 26,306 on heroic garalon.
So its safe to assume its not a HPS cooldown but its either or both of below

1.Burst aoe cooldown which on a sustained hps basis is poor but is made up for the fact that it somehow saves peoples lives and when hots would be too slow to make up health defecit

2.Its a good HPM cooldown and cheapest way to do aoe healing without running oom or to rune of fumes longer

Actually there is another complication when calculating this. Wild mushroom detonate is off gcd cooldown but in real world there is a pretty hefty gcd penalty.
And i am sorry but it appears casting wild mushrooms takes gcd of 0.5
SO ABOVE MATHS IS COMPLETE BS

so those 96 spell actions arent exact 1.0 second gcds so will let professionals calculate actual HPS in a real world situation for sustained hps from wild mushroom usage

I think the problem with mushrooms will be that the healing balance design team at blizzard is assuming perfect play on 0.5 gcds and off gcd spell spammage without taking real world performance into account

TL;DR dont make gcd 0.5 seconds for planting and make us spam that rather just make it 1.5 seconds or even 1.0 second and let us plant 3 at one go
This will lead to a quality of life increase and the bloom cooldown at 10 seconds remains unchanged this way.

Make it 1 mushroom, 3 times as strong, win!
90 Worgen Druid
One
ya but your forgetting the ring size its so small!
3 mushrooms is better than one will cover more area
  ▲
▲ ▲
Above for illustration
90 Tauren Druid
I'm curious as to what percentage of Resto Druids think Cenarion Ward is useful/worth getting. For any raid encounter at all.

Because...with a new expansion...We got Healing Mushrooms.....Symbiosis....and Cenarion Ward...(Potentially as it is a "talent")
Does nobody else find this utterly laughable?

I don't think Blizzard could possibly bend us over any further.
Edited by Tonydanza on 12/8/2012 9:56 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
I'm curious as to what percentage of Resto Druids think Cenarion Ward is useful/worth getting. For any raid encounter at all.

Because...with a new expansion...We got Healing Mushrooms.....Symbiosis....and Cenarion Ward...(Potentially as it is a "talent")

I have tried Cenarion Ward and didn't like it, NS gives us a FREE buffed heal on demand, even if Cenarion Ward is used with 0 overhealing NS will still be get better numbers, you will save over 100k mana with NS while you will spend that 100k mana with CW, NS is a on demand ~200k heal that has more life saving potential than CW ever will. If they want CW to be useful it needs to do 50% more healing in a fight then NS ever will, reasons for this #1 you basically lose 200k mana if you were to go from NS>CW using them on CD. #2 it is not instant healing, if a tank takes a huge hit he will be healed up by other healers in 3-4 seconds so 1/3rd of the healing CW would do is overhealing. CW does ~120k healing in 1 minute, NS will do 160-200k in a minute, NS will most likely be 100% effective healing as it will be used on a low health target with instant results, CW has to tick so it has a MUCH higher chance of being overhealing.

TL:DR, CW should do ~50% more healing to make up for the mana cost/risky use of overhealing.
85 Night Elf Druid
Everyone is playing semantics today

Overhealing is the concept of healing more than is required.

That isn't the established definition, and given that Calonderiel is using her definition to downplay a legitimate drawback of the HoT mechanic I think some attention to semantics is warranted in this case.

And the definition both you and she have provided is far too vague to be of any practical use.
91 Night Elf Druid
ya but your forgetting the ring size its so small!
  ▲
▲ ▲
Above for illustration

increase diameter x3, almost as good
85 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Annizan

But it will do less healing per square yard within that area.
91 Night Elf Druid
12/07/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Moophious

No, it isn't. By definition, it isn't. There's literally no simpler way to say it, you're just wrong.

Everyone is playing semantics today

Overhealing is the concept of healing more than is required.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Overhealing

Notice how I backed up my argument with an authority on a subject that has no real meaning - at least not in RL ;)

The entire overheal argument is the dumbest ****ing argument ever brought into play. Good and bad players will have overheal. Any healer who actively avoids overhealing for any reason other than saving mana should be slapped.
90 Human Paladin
I'm a little behind on the entirety of this thread, so I didn't read it all, however as a Paladin healer, I've healed with our raiding Resto Druid, and even at 470 he was doing just fine. I don't necessarily think that 'druids' are the problem. Part of it is the people who are playing them, and part of it is the people they are healing with. Any healer that uses a 'large burst heal' to heal over top of a druids HoTs clearly isn't paying attention. If the person is at 30% health and all the druid does is pop a little HoT on them, the druid is doing it wrong. Then again if I see a little HoT on a raid member that is uncomfortably low, I'll pop a holy light or a 1-2hp EF just to stack another HoT on them.

I guess in summary if you feel your class is underpowered you either need to work on your technique or your raid needs to work on theirs.
3 Draenei Mage
12/08/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Reandell
I'm a little behind on the entirety of this thread, so I didn't read it all

No need for you to say druids don't have a problem. It's clear that this thread is not about 10 man normal modes.
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Reandell
Any healer that uses a 'large burst heal' to heal over top of a druids HoTs clearly isn't paying attention.

Or is using their superior tools to heal the damage up. Or has a smart heal that does it without them trying. Every other healer has more front loaded aoe healing. Even a holy paladin's spread aoe healing hits faster than a druid's.

In 10 mans, they may be servicable, but they still have mana issues and are tied to a healing mechanic that isn't really supported by mechanics in this current tier. Rejuv's cost is far too high atm to be used as often as it should be.

Lastly, anecdotal evidence doesn't give anyone the right to say "l2p, this dude does alright". Support it. Show logs, post videos, hell, write out some math.

If you had just said "my druid cohealer is doing fine," it would have been alright.

You just insulted half of the restoration druids in this thread based upon what might be caused by your raid running too many healers, the content you're running, your raid composition (having several outside raid cds or incidental healing such as from a prot paladin with battle healer glyph, druid dps/tank HoTW tranqs, etc.).
90 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Fleurs
In the end, I think resto druids are OK on their output. But, the cost of doing output I consider to be competitive or OK is so large that we can't ever reach our highest potential as a raid healing class since our mana doesn't allow it. That's really what it comes down to, after a lot of thinking on it.

I can definitely relate to this. On fights where mana really isn't an issue (Sha for example) I feel like my output is on par with our other healers but I can never keep that up on fights that don't have some type of mana gimmick.
91 Night Elf Druid

I guess in summary if you feel your class is underpowered you either need to work on your technique or your raid needs to work on theirs.

I think people are more talking about heroic progression where this type of thing matters. Not just easy normals that many players could 1 heal ;(
90 Troll Druid

I have grabbed CW for a few encounters and messed with it. I found it especially good when I have to run tiles on dogs because I can leave it on my tank and give him that extra buffer while I will more than likely outrange him. Other than that it has not seen more use than that. A on minute cd on a raid saver is much more powerful.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]