Resto druid pve

90 Troll Druid
HC
CW is garbage.
100 Troll Druid

Everyone is playing semantics today

Overhealing is the concept of healing more than is required.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Overhealing

Notice how I backed up my argument with an authority on a subject that has no real meaning - at least not in RL ;)

The entire overheal argument is the dumbest ****ing argument ever brought into play. Good and bad players will have overheal. Any healer who actively avoids overhealing for any reason other than saving mana should be slapped.

I don't know if that was a reply to me but I wasn't even dealing with OH in general but thw silly semantic arguments over it's meaning.
85 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Moophious
I don't know if that was a reply to me but I wasn't even dealing with OH in general but thw silly semantic arguments over it's meaning.

The definition of overheal was entirely relevant in this case, Moophious.
90 Goblin Shaman
Cenarion Ward is one of the best healing spells in the game. It`s an instant cast spell that does almost triple the healing of rejuv. Considering that rejuv does around 20% of druid`s total healing, it is safe to assume that if used correctly Cenarion Ward can do about ~60% of your total healing. Even with this rough calculation, no spell in the game is able to be almost 60% of your healing.
90 Worgen Druid
12/09/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Applebush
Cenarion Ward is one of the best healing spells in the game. It`s an instant cast spell that does almost triple the healing of rejuv. Considering that rejuv does around 20% of druid`s total healing, it is safe to assume that if used correctly Cenarion Ward can do about ~60% of your total healing. Even with this rough calculation, no spell in the game is able to be almost 60% of your healing.

im hoping to god you made a mistake and meant 6% not 60%...

edit: is this real life?
Edited by Shraq on 12/9/2012 2:37 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest

not sure if serious...
100 Troll Druid

Two words - Nature's Swiftness.
90 Troll Druid
HC
I just.... LOL
85 Human Paladin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4
100 Troll Druid
There's literally no contest in that tier; NS is the clear cut best talent in that tier by miles.
90 Worgen Druid
12/09/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Røth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4

LOLOL hilarious
90 Troll Druid
11/30/2012 03:15 AMPosted by Sàtàn
Even pally got a minor +5% buff to their aoe skill. I know thats a minor value, but even pallys that are better right now then us, both at mana and hps, received something.

Lol....yep. Now they just spam aoe healing and top meters. Back in WotLK, they used to the best single target healer, now paladins are on-top/second to monks on all aoe fights....which is basically every fight in MoP. Reminds me of priests back in WotLK when they could spam CoH.
90 Night Elf Druid
Bump!

Yes houston we have a problem....

Someone fix the doomed shrooms so it actually hits for something and doesn't take 3 GCD's to use!
Reduce the mana cost of Rejuv!

I'm not asking for much! Heck even a hotfix to the mana cost of Rejuv would be a blessing at this point until they figure out what to do with doom shrooms.
45 Night Elf Druid
I'm guessing we'll see some mushroom changes in 5.2, but other than that... don't get your hopes up because GC thinks we're fine. I highly doubt he's going to change his mind on that point regardless of how many thoughtful posts or ideas are presented.
90 Night Elf Druid
Clearly we are lagging behind and with other classes such as pallys there's no way to not have all your heals healed over with steady burst heals. It's a fact.

For those who say otherwise clearly aren't raid healing with such classes. Even with my 2-pc and being able to have a limited rejuv blanket I can't even compare.

Every single heal I do gets over healed by either instant single healing or instant burst aoe healing while my slow hots simply go into OH and I am left behind on logs.

And don't for a minute think that Tranq will always save you even if you cast it in tree or with vigil. You best hope you're 100% or you most likely will die casting it on certain fights.

Anyways I could care less what people say - whether we're 'fine' or only need help in 25 mans. Fact of the matter is regardless what raid size and all else being equal we'll always be second.

Does this mean we can't heal any encounter? Nope, but unless your buddy healer is Oom or simply mediocre you will 99% of the time be last on logs.

Absolutely agree with this and to add to it about absorbs. Absorbs are chosen first over our HoTs and thus adds to more of our overhealing.

Last night I became really frustrated on how my heals were just going into overhealing and I didn't get to heal much of the fight due to the disc priest taking over EVERYTHING. She's an amazing healer, and so am I, but it's really frustrating that due to balance I'm looking like a horrible healer. Absorb healing really needs to be looked at and adjusted.

I hope the balance team can look at overhealing logs and see that Resto Druids are surpassing every class in this department by 50%.
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
Clearly we are lagging behind and with other classes such as pallys there's no way to not have all your heals healed over with steady burst heals. It's a fact.

For those who say otherwise clearly aren't raid healing with such classes. Even with my 2-pc and being able to have a limited rejuv blanket I can't even compare.

Every single heal I do gets over healed by either instant single healing or instant burst aoe healing while my slow hots simply go into OH and I am left behind on logs.

And don't for a minute think that Tranq will always save you even if you cast it in tree or with vigil. You best hope you're 100% or you most likely will die casting it on certain fights.

Anyways I could care less what people say - whether we're 'fine' or only need help in 25 mans. Fact of the matter is regardless what raid size and all else being equal we'll always be second.

Does this mean we can't heal any encounter? Nope, but unless your buddy healer is Oom or simply mediocre you will 99% of the time be last on logs.

There's probably a select few fights where not waiting for HoTs to tick would be beneficial. Sounds like there is a team problem more than a class problem in certain cases. I didn't see druids in T12 crying about getting sniped, because you guys were top of the meters but the second you're not you cry about getting sniped, do you not see the problem?

If you care so much about your mechanics than fight for their change, not only when you're not #1 which is all I've been seeing a lot of.
Edited by Sensations on 12/12/2012 1:34 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]