5.1 - Not so easy old raids...

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Hunter
11/30/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Sadir
it's a change in mechanics

None of the mechanics have changed as far as I could see. Please tell me what mechanics changed on the bosses they listed? I haven't tried them all yet....but for the most part I did not notice a single mechanic change.
18 Orc Shaman
I don't think the changes were intended to make things easy.... just not impossible.
100 Worgen Warlock
This is why I made this thread.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200052265?page=1

Seriously, the only things not soloable right now are Viscidus for some classes, Fathom Lord Karathress for mana classes and the ICC gunships.

Literally everything else is soloable

Could someone tell me what is different about Razorgore? How is he actually ANY easier to solo?

I know he was soloable before, and I know some people did it by bugging out the adds....but how is it different now? I soloed it at 85, but it took me HOURS...I tried doing it yesterday twice with no luck and gave up because I didn't feel like spending hours on the first boss again. I know I CAN solo it, I could before...I just want to know what is different.

It really seems like the exact same solo fight.

The adds no longer focus on Razorgore, they all go to you now. Razorgore's egg smashing ability has no CD. The channeling on the orb can't be interrupted and there's no CD on it.

Basically focus on killing as many eggs as fast as humanly possible. You shouldn't need to kill adds because they hit like marshmallows. Really soft marshmallows.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
C'thun is killable even at 99% dmg reduction. Bring Ouru to C'thun's room and kill C'thun over time if you feel you need the rep to do it. As others have said here, nearly all of the old content is soloable, but it's not necessarily a faceroll to get through it. If you are having trouble soloing old content, all of it is doable with a single friend.
100 Orc Death Knight
Atm Karazhan is not able to be soloed. The chess event is bugged.

He moves his pieces twice as quick now, spams bloodlust and cheats more.

Wow, that used to be soloable at 85 for me. So I guess kharazhan is now technically unsoloable.

I can now solo everything up to ICC. I am stuck at the blood queen. Her mind control stuff beats me.

But working out the numbers, in theory if i can do 94k dps, you can kill her before the first mind control,so that is that.
100 Troll Hunter

None of the mechanics have changed as far as I could see. Please tell me what mechanics changed on the bosses they listed? I haven't tried them all yet....but for the most part I did not notice a single mechanic change.

Razor - NO CD on Destroy Egg, being hit while channeling doesn't decrease the MC time, the CD on MC is significantly shorter as well I think (used to be like 30 seconds, now seems like only 5? Not sure).

I heard they buffed his health too
Edited by Verdash on 11/30/2012 12:41 PM PST
90 Draenei Monk

I'd assume because Instructor Razuvious is tanked via the "pet" mobs that you control via the console. I've seen videos on YT of it being solo'd though, but it might be one of those things that's easier for plate classes.

I killed him and I wear squishy leather with no passive armor increase.
90 Blood Elf Rogue

i guess YOU don't really read stuff

mechanics were changed that used to require more than one person

this is NOT a "nerf"

Well, so when they said in the notes that "The first boss will take less damage from the Blackrock mobs" isnt that called a nerf on the mobs??????
11/30/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Fielton
Basically focus on killing as many eggs as fast as humanly possible. You shouldn't need to kill adds because they hit like marshmallows. Really soft marshmallows.

Pretty much, it requires a different approach from each class.

90 Monk face rolled it because of my constant dodges and high health, being a tank meant I got threat first over the boss as well.

85 DK same thing, Blood shield and healing + tank threat.

85 Druid, sort of similar was a Bear druid and while they didn't hit me that hard I still have to mow a few down and heal a bit. When I killed the last egg my druid had 0.7% health left and I had to tranq to get some health back before Razorgore ran to me.

87 Warlock, can't use your demon because of the MC so I switched to Affliction and used the Demon Sacrifice buff to regen health while I got hit. When MC fell the first time I dropped a Infernal and used a Soulburn+SoC to get some more damage out then went right back to MCing the boss.

90 Ret Pally, kinda easy, don't remember much. Getting the adds off the boss was the bigger problem as I didn't have much threat and probably should of used RF if I still have the spell.

Got the pet on my Druids attempt.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
•Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Some bosses that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone:
•High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple
•Viscidus in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
•Razorgore the Untamed in Blackwing Lair

Thats what the patch notes says. Some bosses were made easier to solo not all. And easier doesnt mean easy. It just means less likely to feel like you need more than one but still could be hard to solo.
90 Goblin Warlock
11/30/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Amberlynh

High Warlord Naj'entus' shield is shorter, and no longer heals him up to full health

Viscidus doesn't take as many hits to shatter

you did say it correctly though
YOU didn't notice

(the question is did you know to begin with?)

p.s. we're on the same world wide web XD
90 Human Mage
There wasnt a "nerf" to old raider. Nor should there ever be.

Its OLD, NON CURRENT, content. Meaning that it shouldnt be looked at again unless there is a clear bug that screws with stuff.

Actually they said they nerfed all the old fights which required more than one person to do because of the mechanics involved in the fight. Way to pay attention though.
35 Gnome Rogue
Black Temple - Soloable untill the essences...Essence of Desire still normal.....

Try your Combat spec? That's what my 481 ilevel Combat Rogue was and I 1-shotted phase 2.

Make sure you use Glyph of Kick
Take Preperation so you can Double Cloak of Shadows
Bring a Potion or Warlock Healthstone.

1) Start the fight, burn Adrenaline Rush and DPS hard
2) Interupt the first cast
3) Cloak of Shadows the 2nd
4) Kick the 3rd cast
5) Preperation and Cloak of Shadows the 4th cast and cast Killing Spree right away while Cloak is up
6) Drink your potion or healthstone... I know I did, I didn't wanna take a chance and die, but maybe you won't need it.
7) Kick again or maybe you won't even have to because after Killing Spree was done I think I used another Sinister Strike or two and it died and since Phase 3 is a piece of cake, I automatically win if I survive Phase 2.

Don't forget that Blizzard made these old bosses solo-able... not facerollable!

The only thing I found hard in Black Temple was the Illidary Council. I had to check a video of a level 85 Blood DK cause I wiped 4 times on the damn fight. I just followed his kiting strats and it worked perfectly for my 90 rogue.
Edited by Teeniweeni on 11/30/2012 12:49 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The Military Quarter isn't really soloable at all.

I used to solo all 15 bosses of naxx every week at 85.
90 Human Death Knight
Lol
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/30/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Littlebambi
The Military Quarter isn't really soloable at all.

I used to solo all 15 bosses of naxx every week at 85.

Thats because you are a DK

About the Essences they didnt change that untill a few hours/day ago

Reliquary was spamming shock this week when i first gave it a shot.....ive read here they hotfix that....So they are nerfing the bosses abilities just like i asked....it seems we will see more nerfs soon
13 Troll Druid
Many, but not all, of the older raid bosses were adjusted (either in their power, or the mechanics of the fight) to make them soloable. Not all of them.

And "soloable" does not mean "faceroll". It means they can be done with a powerful enough 90 and good use of the character's abilities and good gameplay/tactics/handling the fight mechanics.

^This, soloing isn't supposed to be easy, it's a challenge (depending of the raid of course), you do it for fun, not for gear nor progression.

The nerfs implemented were supposed to made some fights more solo friendly, i.e mechanics in wich you had to have at least two players or the boss despawns, damage, health and other factors are and must remain being the same.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]