5.1 - Not so easy old raids...

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Many, but not all, of the older raid bosses were adjusted (either in their power, or the mechanics of the fight) to make them soloable. Not all of them.

And "soloable" does not mean "faceroll". It means they can be done with a powerful enough 90 and good use of the character's abilities and good gameplay/tactics/handling the fight mechanics.

^This, soloing isn't supposed to be easy, it's a challenge (depending of the raid of course), you do it for fun, not for gear nor progression.

The nerfs implemented were supposed to made some fights more solo friendly, i.e mechanics in wich you had to have at least two players or the boss despawns, damage, health and other factors are and must remain being the same.

Not true....they nerfed damage already......the first boss in BWL takes less damage from the blackrock mobs
11/30/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Sadir
Viscidus doesn't take as many hits to shatter

While it did get nerfed, it didn't get nerfed enough for any class with a normal melee speed to kill.

I've only seen Frost DKs and Enhance shamans kill him so far since the patch, they have a faster melee speed, can summon adds to help lend more melee hits (Army of the Dead, Ghost Wolves, Earth Elemental) and Shaman has Blood Lust.

11/30/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Littlebambi
I used to solo all 15 bosses of naxx every week at 85.

You're a Blood DK, that doesn't surprise me at 85. Blood DK's can solo the Lich King and other bosses other classes can't even dream of.
11/30/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Alndron
Black Temple - Soloable untill the essences...Essence of Desire still normal.....

Nah, you can solo it.
Well... I can at least...
Have about 7 Wild Imps, 2 Felguards, and a Doomguard out at the same time so that I don't get focused by the CC Desire does...

This is...

Relevant To My Interests
90 Draenei Shaman
While it did get nerfed, it didn't get nerfed enough for any class with a normal melee speed to kill.

I've only seen Frost DKs and Enhance shamans kill him so far since the patch, they have a faster melee speed, can summon adds to help lend more melee hits (Army of the Dead, Ghost Wolves, Earth Elemental) and Shaman has Blood Lust.

They actually hotfixed it to nerf it more. I managed to pull it off as elemental and my monk did it as mistweaver. Go try it again, I think the hotfix nerf went out yesterday.
90 Tauren Death Knight

Also the nerf didn't apply to ALL old raid content just some. The Military Quarter isn't really soloable at all.

I had no trouble with it.... Just saying
90 Blood Elf Rogue

They actually hotfixed it to nerf it more. I managed to pull it off as elemental and my monk did it as mistweaver. Go try it again, I think the hotfix nerf went out yesterday.

I just did viscidius today and i got the pet.......

I did with 2 2.6 maces, combat build , elemental enchant on then....

he shattered twice then he got to one.....i kept hiting him, he shattered a third time and died.....
100 Night Elf Hunter
Idk about doing kara on 80, i left for wrath of lich king and got back on cata

But Naxx is the most odd i think.....why i can solo the entire Plague Quarter....but i cant get pass the first boss in Military??????

Skip and sneak past him? That's what I did last week when I wanted to see if I could solo the Four Horseman 10 man achieve.

Could someone tell me what is different about Razorgore? How is he actually ANY easier to solo?

I know he was soloable before, and I know some people did it by bugging out the adds....but how is it different now? I soloed it at 85, but it took me HOURS...I tried doing it yesterday twice with no luck and gave up because I didn't feel like spending hours on the first boss again. I know I CAN solo it, I could before...I just want to know what is different.

It really seems like the exact same solo fight.

Amberlynh, I did the balcony thing at 85, too. It did take a while, 'specially since I couldn't seem to figure out exactly when to reappear.

Last night, I took my 85 druid through it. It did take me five or six attempts. I did it as guardian, because I needed better survivability. What I noticed that's different is the egg destroying CD is shorter. It used be 7 seconds, and it is fast enough now that I can't run to another egg before I could press the button again. Also, I didn't seem to lose time on the MC orb thanks to being hit. Furthermore, the MC debuff used to be a minute long, so I'd get hit, get my MC time dropped to 45 seconds, and not be able to pick Razorgore back up for 10 or 15 more seconds. I didn't notice the length of time last night, but I doubt it was more than 15 seconds. It wore off long, long before my health got back up to where I wanted to stand there and take a beating. You know what else I didn't see Razorgore cast? I never got hit by Warstomp or Combustion, so no loss of character control. That was definitely nice. I *think* Razorgore's health may have been buffed, too. Could be wrong about that, though.
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Also the nerf didn't apply to ALL old raid content just some. The Military Quarter isn't really soloable at all.

I had no trouble with it.... Just saying

Really that a blood DK dont have any trouble with it? Shocking surprise.....
100 Night Elf Hunter

Used an 85 feral druid with Force of Nature to cause a shatter yesterday afternoon.
100 Orc Warlock
The point of these changes wasn't to make everything easy, or even possible solo. The point was to make it possible for everyone to solo, using the proper strategy, the bosses that now drop pets.

11/30/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Jekkvallar
Hyjal Summit - 0 nerfs there, death and decay still destroy everything, but i only give it one try

Then don't stand in Death and Decay durr.

I'll humor you and go try it again. I need more shots at the boss since I only need 3 of the raid pets now. Viscidus Globule, Anubisath Idol and Stitched Pup. Gluth isn't too hard though with Xuen.
Edited by Hyenastep on 11/30/2012 1:03 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The point of these changes wasn't to make everything easy, or even possible solo. The point was to make it possible for everyone to solo, using the proper strategy, the bosses that now drop pets.

Hyjal Summit - 0 nerfs there, death and decay still destroy everything, but i only give it one try

Then don't stand in Death and Decay durr.

I Would but there are still so many Stuns and Freezes that make quite hard to leave the 40k tick death and decay....
90 Draenei Shaman
[quote]

I'll humor you and go try it again. I need more shots at the boss since I only need 3 of the raid pets now. Viscidus Globule, Anubisath Idol and Stitched Pup. Gluth isn't too hard though with Xuen.

Get some fast weapons with Death Frost or Elemental Force enchanted on them and pop Xuen when he gets frozen under 20%.
90 Draenei Monk
Black Temple - Soloable untill the essences...Essence of Desire still normal.....

I just two manned RoS.

Pretty sure I could have solo'd it if my shammy was 90 with some decent gear. And not getting 3 fps.

The hell is up with that anyways? 100 fps... till I get in combat in BT..../offtopicrantover

It needs to be easier to see. The problem lies in "I thought I was out of it..."

Naxx - This one is odd, i did the entire Plague Quarter (did loatheb and got the pet) but on military quarter Instructor Razuvious hit me from 30k to 100k and Patchwerk on Construct destroys me too

Save evasion for the soft enrage on Patchwerk, and Razuvious wasn't meant to be tanked by a player, so he does kind of hit hard. I do remember heal tanking the understudies back in ICC because the second tank died somehow and then after a rez couldn't peel them off me, his healer.

Karazhan - Easy Since 85

Solo/duo chess still kinda sucks.

They just hotfixed C'thun. I don't know if it's possible now, but why would they hotfix it if not to make it possible?

When?
100 Night Elf Druid
blizzard never said all old bosses would be soloable by all classes, they said old raids would be easier to solo and they removed the raid group requirement. No where did they say all old raid bosses would just be loot pinatas.
100 Undead Warrior
Ahn Quiraj - Can solo the Twin Emperors and the Viscidus just fine... C Thun is still impossible to do...is blizzard going to fix that?

C'thun is possible, but takes a lot time (I'm told, will test next week, but info from multiple sources).

You need to pull Orou into C'thuns chamber. Next only attack C'thun (ignor the Orou raid boss at all costs). Once C'thun has entered the second phase you need to get Orou close to C'thun.
When C'thun swallows you Orou can port you out. You will still have acid stacks on you after leaving but you can reset those by simply entering C'thun again.

C'thun can also damage Orou. This is why you need to not attack him until after C'thun is dead. If Orou dies you will too.

Be warned, reports state this can take up to 2 hours to do, but it is possible.

- On a side note I don't believe the raid bosses will be nerfed. Blizzard has stated that the raids would be able to be entered solo, they did not say they would make the raids solo-able. This is to keep raids challenging and still encourage group raid runs.
They have changed the mechanics on some classic raid bosses (Viscidus for example) in order to make the raids more manageable. There was no statement indicating old raids would be solo-able. I like this as it requires some practice and testing of skill in order to see if you can solo a raid encounter.
Edited by Mockrabbit on 11/30/2012 1:15 PM PST
11/30/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Adelaide
Get some fast weapons with Death Frost or Elemental Force enchanted on them and pop Xuen when he gets frozen under 20%.

I just wear him down to 1 HP since he doesn't hurt. Switch to the Frozen Polearm, freeze him, switch to two one handed weapons and pop Xuen. Going to update this post after my attempt.

Update: Confirmed. I killed him this time around, using the same exact tactic above. So it was bugged but the number of hits must of been lowered now.
Edited by Hyenastep on 11/30/2012 1:30 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/30/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Jekkvallar

I used to solo all 15 bosses of naxx every week at 85.

Thats because you are a DK

Yes....and I was level 85. If I was able to do it at 85 I think anyone can do it at 90.
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm sure at some point they'll nerf every old raid to faceroll so that every class and every spec can reliably solo every boss, but until then, we're still where we were before about old content. Some classes can do things others can't, and there's no reason why anyone should feel they to be able to do the same as them. It sucks that you can't, but that's kind of how it goes... you can do things they can't as well (albeit maybe not in the same setting). The classes work differently for a reason.

Claiming that you don't want them to make it faceroll but easy enough to solo it is honestly not very well thought out because of the previous point. They'd have to adjust it so that EVERY class and spec can do it. Otherwise, people will feel left out, just as most of you do. Faceroll, incoming.

Removing the things that make bosses difficult/impossible to solo, means removing the only real threat said boss has on you. It'll be a waste of time for them to redo bosses to be challenging but soloable, since that's literally redoing everything about the boss. They might as well just work on new content.

Besides, at least up to now, they've never stated that literally everyone should be able to solo old content. They have stated everyone can enter solo. They have stated that they nerfed several bosses to make it easier. Yet... no indication that everyone should be able to solo everything. That's something everyone that is complaining about the old raids needs to keep in mind.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]