So I found out who hacked my wow account

65 Tauren Death Knight
Back in BC couple months before WOTLK, I worked so hard and finally got my 70 night elf hunter decked out in tier gear and had pvp gear too. He was boss status ,had 6k gold. All my friends were envious I remember just killing all the bosses in black temple and all. So one day before I knew about the authenticator I noticed my account was not logging in no worries ill just call blizzard, thing is back then I registered my account under my parents name without them knowing lol. So long story short I basically lost my account. I was hacked and the hacker succeded. I thought it was a virus keylogger. I was sad so sad all that work gone. So present day. My best friend excuse me former best friend told me he sold my account to some guy at my school for like 200$, he said he needed the money for an xbox. So I was going to beat him but I decided no its just a game. So can blizzard or the police do anything is there some kind of statute of limitation?

P.S. It was kinda my fault never log in your account in front of friends NEVER!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
11/30/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Honeybadger
My best friend excuse me former best friend told me he sold my account to some guy at my school for like 200$, he said he needed the money for an xbox

Rough man!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Personally I would suggest speaking to Billing and explaining about how it was registered under your parents name. If you were a minor at the time this would actually be completely legit anyway, and even if not I think there's a good chance they'll be understanding. It might be worth a try, and you may end up getting the account back.

You would likely need to email them a copy of ID from the parent in question, though.
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Druid
The mere fact you did it on your parents' email without their permission was enough to kill my sympathy.

Go apologize to them because it's likely you compromised more than just your WoW account.
Reply Quote
Letting your friend know your password and them taking your account isn't "hacking". But it doesn't excuse this act of douchebaggery committed by him. Slap him with a two-piece and a biscuit.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_limitations
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
P.S. It was kinda my fault never log in your account in front of friends NEVER!

WHy would you say it was your fault? Do you feel guilty whenever someone else commits a crime?

You seem young, so if I was you I'd kick his !@#. As you get older you ahve to worry about more things so fighting isnt really an option.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
So I was going to beat him but I decided no its just a game

I hate that excuse.

If I ever find the person who hacked my account, well some very unwelcome things would happen.

This may just be a game, but its a game I invested alot of time, effort and Money into so yes Iwould be seriously angry to cause damage.

I lost all of my Tier 1 and 2 and alot of sentimental items after I got hacked and couldn't get account back because it had my brother name on it and he was in Military and lived across the country so I never bothered him with it, thankfully a couple months later my sister in law found out and chewed Blizzard out like no other and I got my characters back but thats it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Personally I would suggest speaking to Billing and explaining about how it was registered under your parents name. If you were a minor at the time this would actually be completely legit anyway, and even if not I think there's a good chance they'll be understanding. It might be worth a try, and you may end up getting the account back.

You would likely need to email them a copy of ID from the parent in question, though.

This.
Also, it should always be possible to re-obtain your account, as there's (afaik) no way for them to change the name on the account, so the name should remain in the documentation for the account.
Contact Accounts. They should be able to help!

Also, sorry your old friend was so lame. /hug
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/30/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Lobotomy
Letting your friend know your password and them taking your account isn't "hacking".

the method of how they obtained the information to access the account does not matter.

hacking is defined as:
-Use a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system

-Gain unauthorized access to (data in a computer)

Blizzard is a system or computer, the access was unauthorized.

I suggest the OP talk to someone with legal knowledge rather than consulting these forums.
Edited by Yarko on 11/30/2012 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I would "accidentally" pour some sort of sticky sweet substance in all the ports of all his consoles/PC/TV/Microwave/Swiss Cheese, when he isn't looking.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd still at least sock him in the stomach and tell him it was for a good reason.

Best friend sells you out for an xbox? Please.

Actually bad idea. If you want to get him into legal trouble he can easily press charges on you for battery.
Edited by Coldzone on 11/30/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Now is the time to plan a 10 year strategy of ultimate vindictive evil against your 'friend'. Vengeance is a dish best served extremely cold. =D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/30/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Rubedo
I would "accidentally" pour some sort of sticky sweet substance in all the ports of all his consoles/PC/TV/Microwave/Swiss Cheese, when he isn't looking.

I would sell his Xbox on the trading post, or for some money on the street.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
First off. Look up the toon and see where its at and if you can get it back.

Edit: he could face major charges and possibly jail time.
1. Hacking has been illegal since 1980's.
2. He sold an account that was Blizzards property.

But the problem is is that you don't have solid proof he did it. You could ask the guy he sold it too but really there just isn't evidence. If you could get solid proof, your friend is in big trouble.
Edited by Coldzone on 11/30/2012 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
he said he needed the money for an xbox. So I was going to beat him but I decided no its just a game.
Might be just a game, but he also just took months of time you wasted on the account, (and the money for both expansions) and sold it.
Edited by Artixer on 11/30/2012 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Tell your parents what you did take them out to dinner and get them to send a copy of their ID to Blizz so you can get your account back.

I'm curious what you will find after logging in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]