10m Raiding Guilds need help to keep going?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I know there are at least a handful of other 10 man raiding guilds out there struggling to keep a roster of 10 geared and capable people for raiding each week. Seems a shame that we should all be working so hard all on our own, when we could join forces and collaborate recruitment and raiding efforts.

Currently, Sage (H) has 8-9 people ready to raid every night, but keep facing the challenge of filling the last one or two spots if one can't make it or various other reasons. We have been fortunate enough to have a few raid nights, and down a few bosses, however, more consistency would be awesome.

We are looking to collaborate or take in a group of like-minded people to help facilitate more people raiding more often!

About Sage -

My reason for starting Sage here back in WotLK, was because I couldn't find a guild that valued the same principles, or where the guild members truely became friends and logged on for the great company. We highly value great personalities, and making sure fun is incorporated in everything - because why log in if you aren't going to have fun and enjoy the company.

Most of our members have raided hardcore in the past, and have cut back a lot due to jobs and family/children. Over half of our raid group has been raiding together since Vanilla or WotLK, and few of us are RL friends or have met in RL as well.

My main goal as guild leader is to maintain a fun, drama free, mature environment, with dedicated people who treat others as they would like to be treated and have a genuine concern for other members of the guild. Some people enjoy playing for the social aspect of their guildmate's company almost more than the actual game play itself.

As a group we try to set a lighthearted, friendly mood at all times, in guild chat and raid. There is no room for drama or immature behavior, because our members simply don't participate.

As far as raiding goes, members learn quickly and come prepared, and are open to contructive critisism. They always keep the groups best interests in mind, ahead of their own personal best interests, especially when it comes to gear. Members frequently lend materials/gear to others without concern of price or payback - not that this is expected, however it is a testiment to how close our members become.

As for me, as GM; I have been raiding and guild leading on and off since Vanilla. I was GM of a sucessful 40 man raiding guild, on Suramar back in Vanilla. Then in BC, I was in the #1 raiding guild on Nordrassil for a year or so. After that I came to this server, during WotLK stepping down from hardcore raiding, and eventually started this guild.

I have been around both hardcore and casual/medium core raiding guilds and seen most all aspects of raiding. I value keeping an organized guild, with balanced policies, and open communication.

If you are still reading this extremely long novel ......... You must be having an extremely boring day to still be reading this! :P

If you are at all interested in dicussing a merger/collaboration with our guild, you can message me in game, Alexsa, or feel free to look around our website sage.guildlaunch.com.

Thanks! :)
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Alexsa
but keep facing the challenge of filling the last one or two spots if one can't make it or various other reasons.

same seems like 1 will quit we recruit another quits never ending cycle lol

good luck though :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It's too bad you're horde side. It seems like our goals and values match quite nicely. Good luck in your search!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
bump for a great guild!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
its about time someone said it. this server is going to die a slow horrible death if some of the smaller guilds cant swallow their pride or whatever it is thats holding them back and merge.i see lots of people that want to raid and lots of raiders without full groups that log off angry/upset/or just downright frustrated. the time is now somebody has to step up and pull something out of the hat. if there is anything i can do to help just gimme a holler.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Keeping a team going on ally has been painstaking for a long time. I can't imagine trying to find players on ei horde. Traditional methods of build it and they will come stopped working years ago. Almost everyone struggles now.

It seems like ei did lose many guilds between ds and mop. Or they are just not raiding. Unless they are off to a very slow start

We have had to cancel 2 or 3 raids so far. But if I think we can get better by going in 1 short or if I have to beg a friend to play, I can pretty much always find an excuse to raid. Until we are hitting the enrage repeatedly playing mechanically perfect I do not cancel. It used to make me angry when I showed up after rushing home from work, get kids ready for bed, put them to bed, take shower, etc etc (a 90 minute process) and then log in to wow and raid is cancelled. It seems more demoralizing than going in 1 short. And oftentimes someone will login late or whatever.

goodluck hordies
Reply Quote
Keeping a team going on ally has been painstaking for a long time. I can't imagine trying to find players on ei horde. Traditional methods of build it and they will come stopped working years ago. Almost everyone struggles now.

It seems like ei did lose many guilds between ds and mop. Or they are just not raiding. Unless they are off to a very slow start

We have had to cancel 2 or 3 raids so far. But if I think we can get better by going in 1 short or if I have to beg a friend to play, I can pretty much always find an excuse to raid. Until we are hitting the enrage repeatedly playing mechanically perfect I do not cancel. It used to make me angry when I showed up after rushing home from work, get kids ready for bed, put them to bed, take shower, etc etc (a 90 minute process) and then log in to wow and raid is cancelled. It seems more demoralizing than going in 1 short. And oftentimes someone will login late or whatever.

goodluck hordies

and alot of guilds are like kano said holding on to their pride or something theres a few guilds that have 8-9 people that could team up and do great and possibly some more 25 mans going on the server but its been a battle of whos gonna budge and it seems noone is and the raiding on this server it also has alot to do with no pugs going on either when alot of guilds were raiding it was bc there were pugs going on for alts even if it was 1-2 bosses they still went on and people got experience and got the taste of raiding and starting getting serious about it noone does it anymore it prolly has to do alot with the 10/25 lockout also
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
there are many reasons why it has become so hard to keep a raid group going...we all remember the times when u flew to icc and saw all the subs waiting to get in from para and some alliance guilds...u just dont see that anymore....times change...guilds have to change the way they think to. its just not like it was back then. someone has to step up figure out how to fix this and get it going.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I really wish we could breathe some life back into this server.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Vahlkano
there are many reasons why it has become so hard to keep a raid group going...we all remember the times when u flew to icc and saw all the subs waiting to get in from para and some alliance guilds.

and getting ganked bc you forgot you flew over winter grasp

12/02/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Vahlkano
its just not like it was back then. someone has to step up figure out how to fix this and get it going.

would love it but 1 person isnt gonna do it unfortunately
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Nothing short of a huge influx of new/returning players or server merges will bring activity back to the way it was in wotlk.

Here on Crushridge, a former top 10 server, its even worse - something like 5 of the top 6 guilds have fallen apart in just the past year. Most of the remaining players of those guilds didn't stick around, they went to better, higher pop servers.

As for pugging, it dropped off in a huge way with cata, thanks to the fusing of 10/25 lockouts (something I've repeatedly called the worst single move Blizzard ever made). You no longer have 10 man raiders pugging 25 man or 25 man raiders that couldn't get into a guild 10 man pugging a 10 man. People try to save alts for 'good' guild alt runs, etc.

People usually stick around for friends, etc, but I'm pretty sure every guild on this server (and mine) would benefit from a transfer to a higher pop server, and that's the problem. Blizzard isn't doing enough to keep the low pop servers going, and they're going to fizzle out.

Heck I'd transfer in a second if I didn't have 8 85+ toons spread out among 3 servers or wasn't broke, and could take my guildies with me.

Edit: Hardcore guilds aren't really exempt from this, either. They benefit from higher pop servers with bigger, better economies. Exodus recently moved to Cho'Gall and Midwinter to Sargeras. The best/biggest servers are treading water, while the smaller ones are shrinking fast.
Edited by Dayuv on 12/3/2012 8:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Perhaps it's time <Never Question the Higg> started recruiting.

I'll bring it before the Board of Directors on Thursday morning.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
blizz wont ever do server merges...when it comes to the point that server merges have to happen we all know thats admitting ur game is dead.
Reply Quote
Edited by Perseus on 12/3/2012 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Vahlkano
blizz wont ever do server merges...when it comes to the point that server merges have to happen we all know thats admitting ur game is dead.

and yea they had free transfers off of servers but it was to no name servers

a few weeks back they had free transfers from stormrage where my priest is and i was happy to bring him here since i dont know many people there and they had it limited to these no name servers i looked up and had like 1 guild raiding there idk who comes up with their ideas but they need someone new
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Horde side just doesn't have that many people right now, we get like 6 people hanging around any major city at any given time. Trade chat is dead most of the time, and I don't really see many adverts for guilds that seem serious about progression (casual or hardcore). Honestly, the only raiding guild on this server horde side seems to be Roflmuffin at this point with their 8 groups, and even then, only their primary group seems to be making any actual progress.
Reply Quote
2 Troll Shaman
Perhaps it's time <Never Question the Higg> started recruiting.

I'll bring it before the Board of Directors on Thursday morning.

This is what we need.

12/03/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Perseus

a few weeks back they had free transfers from stormrage where my priest is and i was happy to bring him here since i dont know many people there and they had it limited to these no name servers i looked up and had like 1 guild raiding there idk who comes up with their ideas but they need someone new

They offered transfers to bring life to abysmally dead servers that have like 60 people playing at a time, dummy. Low pop servers. Not medium pop servers like EI.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/03/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Dmg
seems to be Roflmuffin at this point with their 8 groups

We have four groups, we would have eight though, if the rest of you finally gave in.. and..
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Perseus

They offered transfers to bring life to abysmally dead servers that have like 60 people playing at a time, dummy. Low pop servers. Not medium pop servers like EI.

the whole point of the story is they're doing it wrong dummy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]