10m Raiding Guilds need help to keep going?

94 Undead Mage
WTB raiding instructional videos for everyone on server
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/04/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Whimlo
seems to be Roflmuffin at this point with their 8 groups

We have four groups, we would have eight though, if the rest of you finally gave in.. and..

Group 8: 3/12

you and your misleading numbers!
Reply Quote
2 Troll Shaman
12/03/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Perseus
blizz wont ever do server merges...when it comes to the point that server merges have to happen we all know thats admitting ur game is dead.

and yea they had free transfers off of servers but it was to no name servers

a few weeks back they had free transfers from stormrage where my priest is and i was happy to bring him here since i dont know many people there and they had it limited to these no name servers i looked up and had like 1 guild raiding there idk who comes up with their ideas but they need someone new

They offered transfers to bring life to abysmally dead servers that have like 60 people playing at a time, dummy. Low pop servers. Not medium pop servers like EI.

the whole point of the story is they're doing it wrong dummy

Can't tell if retarded...

Edit: Oh wait, I can!
Edited by Grimwavelol on 12/5/2012 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
12/04/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Dmg

We have four groups, we would have eight though, if the rest of you finally gave in.. and..

Group 8: 3/12

you and your misleading numbers!

We call it group 8 cuz its Octopals =o
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We finally got enough 2 raid nights in a row to get a couple new bosses down - which was exciting to say the least. :) It's exciting to be raiding again after all this time.

We are still open to bringing up a 2nd group. I know there are still guilds on horde side trying to pull it together, having 8-9 people show and having to cancel their raids each week.

Would love to have more than a couple guilds/groups raiding over here.
Reply Quote
We finally got enough 2 raid nights in a row to get a couple new bosses down - which was exciting to say the least. :) It's exciting to be raiding again after all this time.

We are still open to bringing up a 2nd group. I know there are still guilds on horde side trying to pull it together, having 8-9 people show and having to cancel their raids each week.

Would love to have more than a couple guilds/groups raiding over here.

grats maybe the forum worked!

bump to get moar peoples
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Kitti bump <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How are the other 10 man guilds doing out there? Love to hear if anyone else is having success, or wants to!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
disturbed died because of various reasons...they prob have a couple of decent raiders left looking for something to do. u know theres raiders left here u just gotta dig a little. it may come to walking up to each and every one on the realm and slapping them in the face to break them out of the i cant raid stupor they seem to be in...but im bettin ur up to the task.
Reply Quote
12/24/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Alexsa
How are the other 10 man guilds doing out there? Love to hear if anyone else is having success, or wants to!

took us four weeks to find a tank but now we are coming together pretty well so were gonna run with it and see how it goes
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
our bmah sucks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've talked to a few horde guild members, from 2 different guilds, who are tired of their guilds missing 2-3 people for raiding and are going to transfer to another server if they can't find a guild to pull a raid together.

Yet still, the leaderships of these guilds don't seem to want to do anything about it. Their numbers keep dwindling and no one will step up and make a move I guess. I've tried offereing multiple groups to join up under one guild but everyone is pretty stuborn about staying in their own guild.

By the time people are fed up and ready to leave, they don't want to wait longer with hopes that a 2nd group will work in another guild - it's just easier to transfer.

Just hate seeing how hard recruitment is over here, and watching more people leave.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My server is in a similar state and we're leaving to a high pop server.

The problem is just going to become worse as more people migrate from low/mid pop servers to high pop servers.
Edited by Dayuv on 1/1/2013 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
yea ive done the same alexsa people just dont see the possibility of combining ive even offered to let them still have control of their members but its the whole you join here or we join there dilemma gets int he way
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I wonder if Blizz could implement some form of a "Guild of Guilds" social networking tool - where like-minded guilds could link up with an extended "friends" network. I think it would make putting together ad-hoc 10-man teams a lot easier.

I've been trying to get a dungeon/raid team together for what feels like forever, but as working adults, game time is limited, people have varying schedules/obligations, people get tired/bored/busy and stop playing for weeks at a time, etc. :-(

Since I'm geared for tanking, and I don't really know the encounters, I'm hesitant to jump into LFG/LFR. I prefer to work with my guildies so we can coordinate / share strategies over Skype. If Guilds with similar playstyles/ambitions/schedules could match up with such a tool, It might be more convenient to put groups together, discover a wider base of people who enjoy playing together, and breathe some life back into the realm.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 05:05 AMPosted by Necrophylum
Since I'm geared for tanking, and I don't really know the encounters, I'm hesitant to jump into LFG/LFR

thats probably the biggest set back is people are scared to make that leap
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
well honestly would you want to PUG with a tank that did not know his way around the instance? Its one thing if you're all in VOIP together, where you can summarize a boss fight an 10-15 seconds.

Endless typing in chat to show a noob around is something all together different.

Being on either end of that scenario (tanking - or schooling a tank via the keyboard) is not how I would want to spend my limited game time.

Now if there was an experienced team that needed an offtank, and could share their experience over voice chat without having to devote an entire night to bloodied fingers, I'd be all in.

That's why I think that having "partner" guilds is a great idea. A good opportunity to meet new peeps, learn more about the game, expand your social boundaries a bit, etc. Building a guild is hard work, and is a huge investment in time and resources. I know there are other guilds/groups here that would be a great match with us (personality and schedule-wise), but who will want to walk away from their guild, just to take a chance on another group who could be extinct 3 months up the road.

Having a "Guild Network" provides a more fluid solution, is more forgiving of personality conflicts, is less reliant on any one person or group of people to be there for a chance at a successful raid (or just having a good time for that matter). I think it would also help foster a sense of community - that has been sorely missing from this game for a long time.

Maybe some interested GMs could work up an ad-hoc solution to test it out... For instance, it could start with like-minded GM's friending each other, and checking in to see who's available for something...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I remember this very same thing happen to Steamwheedle Cartel around 6-7 years ago and then later I gave up and transferred to Echo Isles. I saw that same unfortunate fate befall EI at the launch of Cata and then found a new home on Aerie Peak.

I've watched these servers over the years and to my experience, they never really recover. Dev mentioned their only hope recovery as being an influx of old players, etc and I think he said it quite well. Right now, if you're unhappy with your raiding situation or the quality of your playtime experience, your best bet is to find an affordable way to transfer to a server that better suits you. :\ ... for those crafty enough, you don't need to pay money to transfer, there are other means ;)
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Flynnt
for those crafty enough, you don't need to pay money to transfer, there are other means ;)

for the last time im not giving you sexual favors
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
but i like being the best rogue on realm why would i leave?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]