Imperial Silk and the Silken Fields

90 Human Priest
The entire having to be in Silken fields to create what is now a cocoon is really lame. No other profession that I know of (could be wrong here) has to be in a certain area to to their daily create or what not.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Hasn't really been a problem for me. It takes about a minute to fly there from the shrine. If I do it last thing before I log out and first thing when I log in the next day, I only have to fly there once every two days.

They'll probably remove the requirement in a future patch, like they did with the special cloth in Wrath. You used to have to fly down into the pit under ICC to make ebonweave.
Edited by Keeblik on 11/30/2012 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Tailoring has historically (vanilla, BC, WotLK) needed to be in a certain location to create their top-line cloth. This is no different. And as you're probably gonna be in Halfhill farming Songbells anyway....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
High end cloth has always had a special place requirement to make it. Eventually they drop the requirement. Its a 20 second ride from halfhil to the edge of silken fields.

11/30/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Cptnspriest
No other profession that I know of (could be wrong here) has to be in a certain area to to their daily create or what not

Not relevant now but in vanilla we blacksmiths had to go to BRD and use the dark iron forge and anvil for our dark iron gear. We still have to go there but dark iron is seldom used anymore and the anvil is a few seconds run from where you port with the direbrew remote.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I do it along with daily farming in Halfhill. I only minded before I hit 90.

It is on my Mage though; portals do make it a bit easier but really, hearth times are so low now.
Reply Quote
Yeah it's kind of annoying. I mean, it's not a huge deal, but it feels unnecessary, it doesn't really add anything to game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How about you get to use your cooldown where ever, but then have to use Spirits of Harmony to make the gear like blacksmith has to?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]