Glyph of Battle Healer

90 Worgen Hunter
First, I think this should be like a base talent for ret, just toned down to like 15% or 20% and works with any seal, it would really bring back a cool paladin feel that they've been lacking for years.

Now o the real question,

This glyph seems somewhat powerful, especially for like 3's or 5's, does anyone use it? I wanted to maybe experiment with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've messed around with this glyph a little bit in 10 man raids where the group stacks and managed around 10k HPS (throwing out WoGs and FoL's along with the glyph).

It would be practically useless in PvP because of the amount of damage everyone does.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's good in BGs, but even in a triple dps arena comp you're probably not going to get much out of it. Rets are pretty much always the focus target on any team that has one functioning brain.

Making it baseline... they just nerfed our healing. It's not very likely they'd give us something that generates that much passive healing with no tradeoff.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
On my hunter of course :D lol
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
yea ret doesnt feel like ret anymore, no paladin feel, healing sucks, no healing built into abilities......just dmg abilities on cooldown
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
12/01/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Lobster
I miss Judgement of Light. :|

I know right. :(

12/01/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Xeran
yea ret doesnt feel like ret anymore, no paladin feel, healing sucks, no healing built into abilities......just dmg abilities on cooldown

You're obviously not playing the same Ret as everyone else, even taking healing completely out of the picture we have a good bit of utility through Hands.

There's plenty of "Paladin feel" left.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Quick question.

Wouldn't it make more sense for this glyph to be baseline for prot?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
As in, baked-in part of their spec? No. Why?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/01/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Grôgnárd

Well op seems to think it should be baseline for ret, which doesn't really make any sense to me, prot however...maybe, due to already consistently using seal of insight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mmm, love me some battle healer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I personally, think it's cool to help out healz by virtue of just going about your normal rotation. I don't find it to be a DPS loss. So why the heck not? If healer is not up to par on heroics. Slap on SoI and pretty much manage your own health. I think that's pretty nifty. I leave it on almost all the time.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a pretty significant dps loss.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/01/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Thaedras

Well op seems to think it should be baseline for ret, which doesn't really make any sense to me, prot however...maybe, due to already consistently using seal of insight.

If Prot had been designed around Insight, sure; but as it be came the de facto tanking Seal for the sole reason that Censure was nerfed to the ground for Prot only, I don't really see the value in rolling Battle Healer into Prot's perks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
@Cayse... true a it is technically a loss since it only works with SoI. But it healing scales with melee damage so you can rack up some pretty cool healing numbers. I don't notice a huge difference in DPS numbers. Maybe 10k or so (like in the 50's vs 60's). Which is a "big whoop" in a 5 man. I just want the run to go fast and smooth. So it will be over as fast as possible.

In a raid it would be absurd to run with SoI on. So, not applicable.

Its kind of a play style thing me thinks....
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/01/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Grôgnárd

If Prot had been designed around Insight, sure; but as it be came the de facto tanking Seal for the sole reason that Censure was nerfed to the ground for Prot only, I don't really see the value in rolling Battle Healer into Prot's perks.

Trust me, I'd love to have the extra glyph slot. Prot has so many usable glyphs it's almost obnoxious.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Alabaster Shield and Battle Healer pretty much stay.

Then it's almost always Divine Protection for physical, or if I need the full magical reduction, I put in Focused Shield or Holy Wrath depending on what boss it is.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Hand utility isnt THAT strong NOR unique, HoP is pretty much the only unique one, HoF isnt bad of course, but sacrfice isnt anything special. I dont know, paladins just dont feel like the holy warrior anymore, our spells are so bland and empty :\ its kinda boring
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
I really like the healing via damage support model. It feels uniquely paladinish, Smashing away with a hammer and healing on the frontlines. I wish they would expand this role a bit more, perhaps make the healing return from GotBH a bit higher and put some extra healing support gimmicks in.

And I too miss Judgement of Light
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Xeran
Hand utility isnt THAT strong NOR unique, HoP is pretty much the only unique one, HoF isnt bad of course, but sacrfice isnt anything special. I dont know, paladins just dont feel like the holy warrior anymore, our spells are so bland and empty :\ its kinda boring

Hand utility is still pretty strong, but it's a lot more of a situation basis. I don't get ensnared or rooted often, so I'm not using Hand of Freedom much, if at all. I do use Hand of Salvation sometimes when I'm lazy with aggro (there was a Ret Pally with Divine Purpose that charged ahead), and I confess I don't use Hand of Sacrifice nor Hand of Protection as much as I should (Hand of Protection would be good against the Inquisitor matchup...).

Probably not as awesome as they could be, but still useful in their own little way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]