Glyph of Battle Healer

90 Draenei Paladin
12/01/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
If Prot had been designed around Insight, sure; but as it be came the de facto tanking Seal for the sole reason that Censure was nerfed to the ground for Prot only, I don't really see the value in rolling Battle Healer into Prot's perks.

You got it all wrong; prot WAS designed around Insight. The devs didn't realize everyone would still think to use Truth because of censure being better for DPS, so censure was nerfed as a way of making it crystal clear "you should tank with Insight and only use truth for farm/when more DPS is needed"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/02/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Icandygriz
Since the sot nerf soi is the go to seal for prot. Making battle healer pretty required, if there is melee dps or pets in your party. The extra threat is great plus the heals can get ridiculous. In 5mans with several melee dps i have been right behind the healer in overall heals much is pretty good considering the effect is passive. Normally my healers start dpsing-_-

The range on Battle Healer is 30 yards; it can easily hit the ranged camp a lot of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am a tank in a very casual guild, with a lot of ppl still leveling/gearing. When I started using Battle healer and SoI my heals were between half and same as the healer's, which helped our runs a lot. On multi-mobs situations I was quite often top of the heals and dps even in lfr's .
Of course on bosses it's a different story.
Nevertheless in pugs it is quite useful and reassuring to be able to tank and dps and heal regardless what RNG partners you got.
So in short I am happy it is there as it gives me flexibility. But in a good guild runs I would stick to SoT and other glyphs
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I have rolled with it a few times but its really only good in random BGs when it comes to ret spec. Typically if Im using seal of insight, its because im throwing out wogs, prisms, and FoL's to people so they get boosted 5% more. The only time Im meleeing with SoI active is if I'm getting focused, at which point I don't need to be healing other people anyway so the passive heal isn't really doing much benefit. Also, even if you sit in seal of insight the entire match your WOGs and FoL heals are going to greatly overshadow anything battle healer does if you are playing to help defend people. You'll get more bang for your buck out of the flash of light glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You got it all wrong; prot WAS designed around Insight. The devs didn't realize everyone would still think to use Truth because of censure being better for DPS, so censure was nerfed as a way of making it crystal clear "you should tank with Insight and only use truth for farm/when more DPS is needed"

This.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/01/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Cayse
It's good in BGs

I love using it in BGs, but the heals don't feel like they have any real impact. It just pads the meters like crazy. It feels like the healing equivalent to a Frost DKs Howling Blast.
Edited by Andhar on 1/17/2013 7:44 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]