[Balance] Brawl'gar Arena; Field Guide

90 Troll Druid
Got Battetron and then level 8 three hours ago with 489 ilevel. Reforged entirely to crit and mastery (no longer so) and used the two crit trinks (Jade Magistrate Figurine and Blossom of Pure Snow) -- so had massive crit procs for nearly thirty seconds per minute.

Would love to say any skill was involved, but just kept queuing until rng aligned and got lucky. Blizz needs to change this to a skill fight, or give booms symbiosis with shamans for a high uptime spiritwalker's grace (which my resto form already uses constantly with tranquility).

Half of this post makes 0 sense.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Stuck on Yikkan Iku (Rank 6, 1st fight) :( :( :(

How are the rest of you starting this fight? I try to start it on the far end, and wm: detonate 1st lot. Already pre-potting the Int potion for that initial kill. However, by the time I get him to ~ 50-60%, he's got an army of crows just !@#$%slappin me :(

Tried the mirror images stat, but he kept disorienting me - and killed the images while I was disoriented. Would appreciate some help / guidance here.

Stats:
SP: 21791 (+10% if I can get a mage/lock)
Crit: 20% (5% if I get a mage)
Mastery: 23%
Haste: 12.4%
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Don't know if you guys saw the hotfix yesterday, but:

• Starfall will no longer strike undamaged Power Crystals in the Millhouse Manastorm encounter.
  • Edited by Slippykins on 12/6/2012 7:17 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid

• Starfall will no longer strike undamaged Power Crystals in the Millhouse Manastorm encounter.

• I guess that's good? It makes it usable!
    Edited by Owlcapwn on 12/6/2012 7:29 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    Nvm, just stuck on battle.
    Edited by Intorp on 12/6/2012 11:30 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid

• I guess that's good? It makes it usable!

Yarp. 1-shot it after I saw that change.

And 1-shot Zen'shar last night.

Working on Epicus for the most part.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid
    12/06/2012 04:53 AMPosted by Owlcapwn
    Tried the mirror images stat, but he kept disorienting me - and killed the images while I was disoriented. Would appreciate some help / guidance here.

Did you interrupt Disorienting Shriek?

If not, there was one Strat I wanted to test (but I killed it on my first go, so I never got the chance).
    :: Cyclone Izu then AOE nuke his adds. Due to how Cyclone works, I think Cyclone would prevent Izu from receiving stacks. If this works, it's definitely viable for lesser-geared brawlers.
    Edited by Cyous on 12/6/2012 1:59 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    Hey im having some troubles with the leper gnome fight. Im using mostly healing gear that i cant reforge as i use it to heal. I think my main problem is im moving to much trying to stay away from their stacks. Any advise on what order to kill them in when to use what etc?
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid
    12/07/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Nathanbeme
    Hey im having some troubles with the leper gnome fight. Im using mostly healing gear that i cant reforge as i use it to heal. I think my main problem is im moving to much trying to stay away from their stacks. Any advise on what order to kill them in when to use what etc?

I literally just do a standard opener -- 3 Starfalls, Multi-DOTting and spamming Starsurge, then it was Hurricane-spam from there.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    Howd you manage to target them all? i had issues targeting them 1 by 1 due to the name plates getting squashed together
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid
    12/07/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Nathanbeme
    Howd you manage to target them all? i had issues targeting them 1 by 1 due to the name plates getting squashed together

They shouldn't be moving, so you can tab-target all of them.

You can also change how nameplates behave in the Interface menu (under" Names"). Overlapping = hard to click, but neater.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    Failing hard on the flashlight fight. Meh.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid
    12/07/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Eluial
    Failing hard on the flashlight fight. Meh.

Don't let it punch you!
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    Thanks for the help cyous i just managed to do it easily when i went through spamming moonfire/starsurge
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    For izu I just started out 75 toward lunar and starfalled before pushing lunar and blowing cooldowns. With three star falls the crows were just dieing non-stop and I guess I nuked him down enough that he didn't do his disorientate or he simply won't do it if he doesn't have enough crows out.

Dark summoner only took me three tries. On the second try the second and third ghosts just spawned behind the boss so I dotted on them and got super easy vulnerability... I was a little scared when he immuned again at 10k hitpoints and there was 3 ghosts up but I got it. I swear that a ghost hit me from ~20 yards away once...

I'm currently on battletron and have little motivation to throw myself at it. It's suddenly feeling much less worthwhile.
    Reply Quote
    This is my Battletron kill:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osBTZCr9iDY&feature=youtu.be

I've been recording my rank 8 fights and have had many 5%-15% wipes but no kills yet. I'll be uploading them to my youtube page when I down them.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    This is my Battletron kill:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osBTZCr9iDY&feature=youtu.be

I've been recording my rank 8 fights and have had many 5%-15% wipes but no kills yet. I'll be uploading them to my youtube page when I down them.

Mine was, KILL IXX, DODGE MISSILES (from GG), I didn't even bothered trying rank 8, only saw a pre-nerf fire mage doing it (no levitate) and my gear is far from recommended, also multiple bosses bug won't work.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Bash does not interrupt Rain Dance. I just tried twice.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    Haven't gone in again since a few nights ago when I was wiping on Dark Summoner, but if you go with mirror images, when is a good time to pop them? I was using them at the beginning before the first ghost comes up so as to keep him off me while I can't attack him. Maybe maybe I should just kite at that point and save them for later?

My problem with him is I get totally thrown off by the ghosts' giant attack radius. I think I have plenty to room/time to reposition the light but I don't. So I'm either dying to a ghost (most common scenario) or if I spend time keeping the ghost count low I die to damage from the boss because it takes too long and I've run out of defensive CDs/fast heals.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid
    Haven't gone in again since a few nights ago when I was wiping on Dark Summoner, but if you go with mirror images, when is a good time to pop them? I was using them at the beginning before the first ghost comes up so as to keep him off me while I can't attack him. Maybe maybe I should just kite at that point and save them for later?

My problem with him is I get totally thrown off by the ghosts' giant attack radius. I think I have plenty to room/time to reposition the light but I don't. So I'm either dying to a ghost (most common scenario) or if I spend time keeping the ghost count low I die to damage from the boss because it takes too long and I've run out of defensive CDs/fast heals.

Keep Rejuv rolling, dps the boss when his shield is broken, DOT any ghosts if the shield is up.
    I use them after a ghost spawns and im bursting him
    Edited by Cyous on 12/9/2012 7:56 PM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]