Oh, Vol'jin

90 Human Paladin
"Dis be what de Horde come to...? Killin' it's own...? We can't let dis happen..."

Yes, how dare any Horde leader plot to kill another Horde leader! Someone should stop-

"Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart."

Oh. Eh, I guess I'm just tired of the rabid anti-Garrosh hypocrisy that goes on. People that cheered Vol'jin promising to murder the Warchief balk at an attempt likewise. Rather than see Vol'jin as the terrorist he is, he's a freedom fighter because we don't like Garrosh.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheStarscream

Only he's supposed to be good... I'm not sure if they have a term for this one yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Starscream never really pulled it off. I'm just waiting for that irritating day when Vol'jin does and all the fanboys crow excitedly about how Garrosh totally had it coming for "starting it."
Reply Quote
Vol'jin later admitted he lost his temper and resolved to give Garrosh a chance after speaking with Thrall. At the time it's unlikely he seriously intended to follow through with his threat.

Since then, while he certainly grumbled a bit, he followed Garrosh's orders for the sake of the Horde. It wasn't until an agent of the Kor'kron tried to kill him for having the audacity to display anything short of absolute obedience to Garrosh that he decided enough is enough and actually start the rebellion.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/02/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Roahin
Starscream never really pulled it off. I'm just waiting for that irritating day when Vol'jin does and all the fanboys crow excitedly about how Garrosh totally had it coming for "starting it."

Look, I've got no issue with Vol'jin. If he wants to rid the Horde of Garrosh fine. He's a little bit silly for not understanding how this game is played, but then, so were the Orcs in the "A Little Patience" scenario (no, I'm not letting that drop).

My issue with him is that he proclaims this goal to Garrosh's face, which again, is why I call him a good-aligned Starscream.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wait, so we're giving a pass to "and then later decided it wasn't a great idea." Can you imagine any parallel where that might've been acceptable? "Yeah, I totally threatened to punch out my boss, but I decided afterward it wasn't a great idea... why did he still fire me!?"

Garrosh is the Warchief. Even if he were privy to the internal musings that Vol'jin has and any revelations or epiphanies that the Troll goes through, what Vol'jin threatened of the Warchief should've been met with death.

I mean, imagine if you were Garrosh. You know Vol'jin is dangerous. You know Vol'jin means to murder you when he gets the chance and you're at your weakest (as he promised.) You also know Vol'jin is competent enough to pull it off. The opportunity arises to remove the self-admitted assassin targeting you from your employ- you take it.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Roahin
Rather than see Vol'jin as the terrorist he is, he's a freedom fighter because we don't like Garrosh.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. It's all a matter of opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Look, I've got no issue with Vol'jin. If he wants to rid the Horde of Garrosh fine. He's a little bit silly for not understanding how this game is played, but then, so were the Orcs in the "A Little Patience" scenario (no, I'm not letting that drop).

My issue with him is that he proclaims this goal to Garrosh's face, which again, is why I call him a good-aligned Starscream.

I suppose I should've been clearer. I think your analogy was quite apt. I was just focusing my umbrage on the fact that Blizzard has telegraphed this punch for the last year or so "...and then Vol'jin kills Garrosh, and we all cheer."
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Vol'jin later admitted he lost his temper and resolved to give Garrosh a chance after speaking with Thrall. At the time it's unlikely he seriously intended to follow through with his threat.

Since then, while he certainly grumbled a bit, he followed Garrosh's orders for the sake of the Horde. It wasn't until an agent of the Kor'kron tried to kill him for having the audacity to display anything short of absolute obedience to Garrosh that he decided enough is enough and actually start the rebellion.

But he didn't set things right with Hellscream Jr. And if he did, it was in a novel that doesn't exist.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/02/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Kyalin

This pretty much.

I don't like Vol'jin all that much but he's still our next best thing after Garrosh dies.

Baine? Haha no.

Sylvanas? Nope.

Gallywix? Nope.

Lor'themar? Only recently grew his spine.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
People like Vol'jin because he represents the more moderate Horde view that is not RAWR KILL ALL ALLIANCE BECAUSE ALLIANCE RACES PUNY and is not necessarily Baine who is.... well, Baine.

Vol'jin wants to kill Garrosh for a good reason, Garrosh is eliminating potential allies because he's a damn fool.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Vol'jin wants to kill Garrosh because he doesn't like Garrosh. Garrosh wants to kill Vol'jin for the same reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's much more then that Cbred and you know it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Vol'jin picks up the idiot ball hard in 5.1.

He waltzes into Domination Point, ALONE, wearing his brand-new Fred Flintstone special that he picked up from a yeti somewhere and mouths off to Garrosh about how he's too violent and crap.

He agrees to go on Garrosh's "go check out this dark cave with the assassin I was just talking to" mission and then he stands there slack-jawed as the rogue just walks up and stabs him in the throat.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/02/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Lorthuron
It's much more then that Cbred and you know it.

No, it really isn't.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Hunter
No war is fought without a dash of hypocrisy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
No, it really isn't.

Yes it is. Cbred you are lying to yourself and us. Vol'Jin doesn't like Garrosh and he wants to stop him because of what he's doing not because *He doesn't like him*.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Vol'jin picks up the idiot ball hard in 5.1.

He waltzes into Domination Point, ALONE, wearing his brand-new Fred Flintstone special that he picked up from a yeti somewhere and mouths off to Garrosh about how he's too violent and crap.

He agrees to go on Garrosh's "go check out this dark cave with the assassin I was just talking to" mission and then he stands there slack-jawed as the rogue just walks up and stabs him in the throat.

Yep :(

Blizz couldn't even turn him around when he got stabbed.

Or come up with a better reason for him to be there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Yep :(

Blizz couldn't even turn him around when he got stabbed.

Or come up with a better reason for him to be there.

Faction leaders:

-does nothing, ever
-Varian Wrynn
-total pants-on-head idiocy

Pick any one.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Vol'jin wants to kill Garrosh because Garrosh abused his position as Warchief.

Garrosh wants to kill Vol'jin because Vol'jin called him out on it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]