Why Can't You Revert Spirits Back To Motes?

90 Human Warrior
There were other crafting mats that you could combine to make a larger item, then you could revert them back as well. Enchanting comes to mind. I combined most of my motes of harmony to spirits of harmony just for bag space and figured I'd want them anyway to BS the epic PVE chests. Then a friend got to 90 and wanted to do arena with me so I was going to make him the healing plate set and now don't have the motes to craft them.

It's my fault for not paying attention to the tool tip but they are soulbound, what is the harm in "shattering" the Spirits back to Motes? Blizz, it would be great if you could hotfix this functionality especially since they are such a pain to farm. If you can't do that at least make them BOA so I can borrow some from an alt, then you could change them from BOA to BOE later like you did with the older orb versions.

Thanks.
Edited by Rampåge on 12/2/2012 8:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
motes can only do 2 things, sit in your bags and be turned into spirits. No crafts use motes.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Why do you want to do this?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I guess he could send X number of motes to an alt so the alt will have enough for a spirit. Except, you know, they are soulbound, like the tool tip says. I guess he didnt read.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Need to clarify, and I made a mistake because I was doing this from memory out of game. As a warrior/BS I had no need to buy the Masterwork Spirit Guard healeing plate set, only the Revenant. My friend wanted to heal so I was going to buy the patterns for the spiritguard plate to make for him to start out pvp. I thought they cost motes. The patterns actually cost Spirit of Harmony, my bad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ah... I was going to say...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]