why do you play your shaman?

85 Human Hunter
amidst the adversity of these nerfs and behind all the tears, a lot of you are still playing your shamans! so what's got you playing, or why'd you choose one in the first place? I recognize this post has been made before on every class forum but it's always lighthearted and fun so I figure it never hurts to have another!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
because it's fun
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/02/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Shocksock
because it's fun

This mostly. Shaman has been my favorite class, even over frost mage and warlock.

Nerf Happens.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I have tried many other classes but the only ones that seem any fun have been enhance sha and prot warrior. Don't know why but they are only ones that are any fun for me.
Edited by Atsahr on 12/2/2012 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
68 Pandaren Monk
12/02/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Tiarabeadra
amidst the adversity of these nerfs and behind all the tears, a lot of you are still playing your shamans! so what's got you playing, or why'd you choose one in the first place? I recognize this post has been made before on every class forum but it's always lighthearted and fun so I figure it never hurts to have another!

Sometimes I get a chain of lucky crits and procs on my elemental shaman and I kill someone so fast in pvp it makes a arms warrior blush.

Also, blowing people off cliffs is probably the most fun thing in the game imo.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Enh is neato
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
cuz i do pve and shamans are in a good spot there. If i were to try to pvp competitively i wouldn't touch non-resto shaman with a 10-foot pole
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Ultimately, it was put to me this way by my girlfriend from the WotLK days: "[I] connect with the shamanic lifestyle and spirituality on a vicarious level."

It is true. :)
Reply Quote
I have an unearthly attachment to Taz.
He is and forever will be my favorite character.
I had come up with a backstory and everything.
And I just feel more comfortable as a shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
My shaman is my favorite character, I feel I identify most with it.

I'll just make a feral druid for pvp
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
12/02/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Tiarabeadra

Because anyone with any level of maturity and experience with WoW understands that there are constant nerfs and buffs to every class. A person will constantly be disappointed if they perpetually keep changing classes based on nerfs.

At some point in the future I hope Blizzard finally separated PvP and PvE through different tooltips. eg, Ability X does A in PvE and B in PvP. That way they could balance them separately. That's really my only disappointment, that buffs or nerfs intended for one realm end up affecting the other.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
What nerfs? My DPS hasn't changed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/02/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Thuggo
Also, blowing people off cliffs is probably the most fun thing in the game imo.

This. All day.
Reply Quote
<--- Was the fist character I made.

I chose the shaman because I had always played warrior classes in other fantasy games, never a caster. When I saw that shaman's used both sets of skills (Vanilla days when we used casting more) I decided to give it a go.

Since then I have never given up on them. I have many a time swore how sheety shaman's are compared to other classes in PvP, but at the end of the day I enjoy the fact I don't swap 'n' change to the popular face roll classes. I stick with Enh through the good and bad. And I love that quite often in Pug BG's I am the only shaman on either team.

Playing the underdog (esp Enh) and setting myself goals every PvP is what keeps me going. I never try to be the best (I'm not good enough anyway), I just have pride sticking with this class and not being one of the 6 warriors, or 5 mages, or what ever the current OP class is for the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
If I had something else to raid in my spot I probably wouldn't be.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
born a shaman, die a shaman. i have 4 at 85+, 2 which i am getting to 90 to use at endgame. one ele, one enhance. this is the most fun class (and the best tier gear) ive played.

no matter what i start with, i am always drawn back

side benefit: i hate pvp so i dont mind being nerfed to hell there >_>
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
To platform the nerf was not a hit to DPS it was a hit to survivability in PVP of all shamans now.I play my enhance despite all the nerfs and negativity around him because i refuse to let shamans in general die as a class which is happening.I also take pride in killing all classes who say shamans are weak.The nerfs did hurt but i will adapt to it and move on as this is not the first nerf that hurt us bad and will not be the last
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I'm a masochist and I love this class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]