Addon to show off-spec new skills?

90 Human Hunter
Simple really. Anyone know of an add-on that alerts you when your off-spec learns a new skill, passive or active, like the actual game tells you when your main spec does?

I have literally went 20-30 levels on my off-spec, not realizing I learned a new skill for it because I was in my other spec for a BG/quest/etc. :S
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
You are fail if you can't keep track of your own toon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/03/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Jagatron

Yes, because when I get 20 levels in an hour from dungeoning, it's my fault that I didn''t notice one spell out of 30 in the spellbook.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/03/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Reinhilde

Yes, because when I get 20 levels in an hour from dungeoning, it's my fault that I didn''t notice one spell out of 30 in the spellbook.

It is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/04/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Groundcast

It is.

No, it's not. A lot of the spells are glanced over, or I think I already have them on my action bar, as I already have a character of 80+ of every class already.

Either way, you are not contributing to this thread, nor is the original person. I was asking for an addon.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'll go ahead and assume there's no addons that will notify you as new spell information is most likely only retrieved from the server when you switch to the spec. Someone else can probably clarify this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Technically you could have an addon with a database of which spells are available for which class/spec at X level so it wouldn't be an issue but I don't know of such addon, or at least of an updated one. Last one that had anything to do with leveling and skills that I know of was Learning Aid and even that's outdated now and not quite what the OP wants.
But there is
http://www.wowpedia.org/API_GetCurrentLevelSpells
and technically it will give you the id of the spells you'll learn at specified level. I wouldn't know how to reconvert that back to names though other than manually. At which point you're better off with a leveling guide.
Edited by Sedivy on 12/4/2012 8:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]