*BUG FIXES* = Nerf?

90 Orc Shaman
Unleashed Fury will now benefit only the Shaman who cast it.

This was in today's hot notes under "Bug Fixes"

Anyone know whats up with this?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As a Resto Shaman, when I use Unleash Elements with the Earthliving Weapon effect, it places a buff on the target increasing healing received by the Shaman for the next direct spell. Although I never officially confirmed it, I noticed the buff being randomly consumed in LFR, so I suspected one of the other Resto Shamans were eating it up.

I suspect this change may be related to that. It's possible it affected the other weapon imbues as well. All academic at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I wish this was clearer, since alot of the things in this hotfix wont work until server reset then ill wait til then to do some testing. But I'm hoping Unleash Fury with Earthliving weapon doesnt only affect you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Maybe I was unclear. Just to clarify, I believe other Shamans were possibly able to consume your UE buff that you were placing on other players.

Assuming you wanted to supercharge a cast, with other Shamans in the raid, your chances for success waned significantly. I prefer to have more control over my mechanics, too.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I agree with Aurinaux. It sounds better if only I am consuming the buff from Unleashed Fury instead of randomly having it consumed by someone else. I never checked by the 30% increased Lighning Bolt damage from Flametongue might have been helping other shaman in the group as well.

They really should clearify this hotfix.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I agree with Aurinaux. It sounds better if only I am consuming the buff from Unleashed Fury instead of randomly having it consumed by someone else. I never checked by the 30% increased Lighning Bolt damage from Flametongue might have been helping other shaman in the group as well.

I recall some similar issue with searing flames and enhance shamans on the cata beta (other enh shamans taking your SF stack before you use it), maybe that's why I figured the hotfix was to something similar with UF and other shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
ok thats good then, was just looking at the possibilities.

Thank you
Edited by Sagea on 12/3/2012 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

Yeah, a lot of abilities used to be a debuff on the boss that could consumed by anyone. Stormstrike was one of them for example. This change is just making it work as intended.

The first thing I thought of this with the title was that something like elemental UF was being used by other shamans. That's not even consumed by others, that's just a straight buff. Imagine a 25 man with 2-3 DPS shamans.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]