Just got a Jaina quest, Patch 5.1 (Spoilers)

I got the quest to ask her to recruit the Kirin Tor for Alliance.

She was "sad" when I asked her to expel the Sunreavers.

She gave me a huge story about how the Kirin Tor need to be a beacon of neutrality to light the way to peace. To "Seperate the Horde from its people." She made it clear she was mad at the Garrosh and Garrosh alone.

She convinced Anduin, who was being pro-Alliance for once, to return to his father and request that he respect the Kirin Tor's neutrality.

I really don't know how to put this any less bluntly:

What the ever-living heck was the point of losing Theramore again?
Edited by Jaelara on 12/3/2012 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah, I just finished the same one.

Don't worry though, I have on good faith from Blizzard that Garrosh sacking Darnassus with the Sha is the REAL turning point that really gets the Alliance into the war effort.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Lucy promised me I'd get to actually kick the football this time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I just finished the same one.

Don't worry though, I have on good faith from Blizzard that Garrosh sacking Darnassus with the Sha is the REAL turning point that really gets the Alliance into the war effort.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Lucy promised me I'd get to actually kick the football this time.

This time the Alliance will mean business, promise!
-Blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Patience....grasshopper!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I will say though, thankfully, that I got to:

a. See Anduin not preaching neutrality
b. Side with Anduin and tell Jaina to back the Alliance (which is a step up in neutral relations)
c. Get closer to the inevitable betrayal and subsequent booting of the Sunreavers
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
And just when I thought 5.1 would be a step in the right direction (Anduin's shocking death, Vol'jin starting the rebellion, Jaina growing a spine and siding with the Alliance, kicking the Sunreavers from Dalaran) we take two steps back and fall into a pit of sludge.

Is Blizzard even capable of writing un-biased lore anymore for the Alliance? Or are all of our major characters/story-arcs destined to be for neutral purposes?

Can't wait to see the QQ when Turalyon and Alleria come back to be neutral. Oh, how the forum gods shall weap.

Patience grasshopper. Not all of the questline is revealed.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 10:02 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Patience....grasshopper!

I've been told to have patience for 5 years now, and to have patience about this specific thing for over a year.

If Jaina is not angry about Theramore anymore, if she is more ultra-neutral than ever, than losing Theramore was worthless.

Theramore's point was supposed to be to galvanize Jaina. To get her into the war. When we complained about Theramore's destruction, that was what we were told was going to be the payoff.

And yet here she is. The War's in full swing. Her Kingdom is destroyed. And she is more neutral than ever.

If a SECOND Betrayal is needed to get her to finally commit, that's a pretty dirty thing to do.

We have lost so much to the Horde. Theramore was one of the last major uniquely Alliance iconic cities or themes left to us.

And we lost it, but we were told we would gain so much more in return.

But if all Jaina got from Theramore's destruction was white hair and new dragon boyfriend, then that becomes an almost insulting argument.

We could have just as easily kept Theramore and had Rhonin be the reluctant neutral who only brings Dalaran into the war when the Sunreavers commit an unspeakable crime.

Instead, Jaina is standing here and spitting on the memory of Pained, Kindy, Tervosh, the entire 7th Fleet, Smiling Jim, and everyone else who died to the Armies of the Horde.

Hell, Anduin, for ONCE, was acting like a proper Alliance noble, speaking out against the Horde and speaking on behalf of the Alliance.

And Jaina straight up convinced him to go right back to being Neutral.

I'm sorry. I thought I was supposed to be fist pumping by now. This is disgusting.
Edited by Jaelara on 12/3/2012 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
I think it's still setting up (hopefully?), we probably won't see alliance lore (aside from Dalaran going to the alliance) until 5.2-5.3.

I'm hoping the "fist pumping" moment won't be assisting the horde in removing Garrosh. That would be the absolute worst.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/03/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Jaelara

Absolutely nothing.
Reply Quote
Even if it is "setting up," this pretty much officially makes losing Theramore worthless. If Jaina did not learn a single thing from the destruction, it was as worthless, and our anger at last BlizzCon upon learning the news was 100% justified.

Because honestly, before Theramore was destroyed, Jaina was about the only remaining Alliance figure who needed convincing to fight the Horde. We could have started this war just fine with an intact Theramore.
Edited by Jaelara on 12/3/2012 10:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/03/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Skytotem

Absolutely nothing.

So Garrosh can try and prove to his peers how strong and worthy he is.
Reply Quote

Absolutely nothing.

I'm sure they could have found a way that didn't involve destroying one of the Alliance's last iconic non-neutral/Horde-occupied/Horde-destroyed cities, along with a massive handful of some of it's most beloved NPCs.
Edited by Jaelara on 12/3/2012 10:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/03/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Jaelara
Because honestly, before Theramore was destroyed, Jaina was about the only remaining Alliance figure who needed convincing to fight the Horde. We could have started this war just fine with an intact Theramore.

*pats* Blizz is not good at making decisions from the pov of the playerbase.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Even if it is "setting up," this pretty much officially makes losing Theramore worthless. If Jaina did not learn a single thing from the destruction, it was as worthless, and our anger at last BlizzCon upon learning the news was 100% justified.

Yeah, that is true. It basically invalidates the destruction of Theramore and Rhonin's death for Jaina.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Started this war....? Wouldn't that be..counter intuitive.

Yeah, that is true. It basically invalidates the destruction of Theramore and Rhonin's death for Jaina.

I'm not so entirely convinced, things aren't over yet.
Edited by Lorthuron on 12/3/2012 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
12/03/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Lorthuron

Absolutely nothing.

Well look at that.
A whole book about the destruction of Theramore was actually about Horde development.

I'm shocked.

But seriously, what the hell, Blizz? I like Night elves as much as anyone else, but what the hell is the point? Jaina goes back to neutral after Theramore, but only gets into the war because of what the Sunreavers do?
This is frankly insulting. "Dalaran is a beacon of neutrality!" News flash; Garrosh doesn't care about neutrality. His Horde doesn't care about neutrality. You're the reason Garrosh is so successful by not reacting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/03/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Jaelara

Could have?

Hell, we DID. Not that it matters though, just another slight for the pile.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Started this war....? Wouldn't that be..counter intuitive.

"Stepped up our participation" then, if you wish. This War has been going on for years. Theramore did not need to be destroyed to serve as an escalation front.

In the end, Theramore's main narrative point, as told to us by blue posters, was to get Jaina galvanized and angry.

As of Patch 5.1, it is now officially canon that it DID NOT DO THAT. Once her dragon boyfriend talked her down, she immediately became even more neutral than ever before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]