Msg to Blizzard:BUFF WINDWALKER MONKS PLEASE!

90 Orc Hunter
I've been playing WoW since 2004 and this is the first time I find myself pretty much obligated to write on forums(never have before). Honestly blizzard, I dont know if you test your classes in arena amongst yourselves but WW Monk right now for me is worse than playing ret pally back when it was broken.

Major cons:
-Only class with no DoT (Rogues, druids, mages , hunters can easily stealth away, no damage from a distance, etc)
-Easiest class to CC by far, once you use the trinket. youre done. Have to eat the entire CC's
-No viable ranged CC, seriously, the only "ranged" CC we;d have is would imply taking our most useful stun since fists of fury requires you to stand still..
-ONLY CLASS WITH NO BURST.. this i dont think i need to explain this one..
-You dont bring any significant contribution to the team= no one wants to arena with WW (Best WW monks right now are getting carried and do not reach competitive levels of arena)
I'm sure there are more deficiencies to this class but what i listed above are the most significant at the moment.

I honestly love the concept of monk, also love the play-style, amazing job from the heart in the creation of the class. Its also incredibly fun and viable for pve.
However, I believe a great portion of the population of WoW who plays, does it for the nature of its competition (arena and bgs) and this is where WW does not really fit.

I've gotten 2500 in 5's and 2k+ in almost every season, I'm not just some 1300 judging without any experience. Please blizzard, make us a viable class in arena. I love this class and would really like to play competitively.

Please t
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
you sue the therm ONLY CLASS WITHOUT X quite a few times but usualy its folowing a false statement.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
sorry didnt quite understand your response
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Zesar
Only class with no DoT (Rogues, druids, mages , hunters can easily stealth away, no damage from a distance, etc)

Yo dawg, 5 second DoT from Blackout Kick.

-No viable ranged CC, seriously, the only "ranged" CC we;d have is would imply taking our most useful stun since fists of fury requires you to stand still..

Got dat Spinning Fire Blossom.

IDK... Affliction isn't known for it's bursty-ness.

You dont bring any significant contribution to the team= no one wants to arena with WW (Best WW monks right now are getting carried and do not reach competitive levels of arena)

I contribute a quite a bit. The other team gets a sense of accomplishment when they queue up against me. That makes me feel like I'm helping this dismal community.
Reply Quote

Got dat Spinning Fire Blossom.

Not sure how a 1 sec root counts as cc..

Cant remember the last time we said cc that player with a 1sec root... Pretty sure we said poly/blind/redirect+cheapshot/Ring of forst/charge into fear/hammer of justice/bloodfear/psy feind/psy scream or you know one of the other major cc's.
Reply Quote
I suppose I didn't make my post sarcastic enough.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Lol, I got it. Whats funny is how other forums, its classes complaining and trying to get certain fixes, the monk forum has gotten to a point so low where WW monks just constantly make fun of themselves.

Blizzard does have an amazing team and im SURE we will get buffed. The issue here is the delay. It's already been months since the release, the great majority of WW monks have quit or rerolled. I've looked everywhere for high rated WW monks for inspiration yet HARDLY found two.

They say its a class with high skill cap, I partially agree. HOWEVER, thats definitely NOT the main problem blizzard. I've played all classes and its really not that different than the skill cap for high rated mages/rogues/locks.

On side note: Buffs would have to be exclusively for pvp, I feel completely fine in PvE.

Another thing I completely forgot to mention is how our 20% brew takes FOR EVER to charge up, its almost useless in arena when other classes just have to press 1 button and BAM burst dmg (Ascension,recklessness, etc)

Jab is also completely broken, make it do SOME dmg at least, its constantly refreshing our GCD... Its frustrating cause im completely snared or CC'd 3/4 of the time and when i finally get to the target I have to Jab my !@# off and by the time i generate Chi im CC'd again.

Next is the roll.. Its not very helpful for WW.. Amazing to run away for MW but how is it good when half the time we end up passing over the target and NO its not miscalculation. Skilled players KNOW how roll works and keep you at an adequate distance that makes it completely useless

So were pretty much left with a 25 second cooldown of Dragon Kick which is basically a bad version of charge since it doesnt stun , counterpoint: OH BUT WAIT unlike charge, it does damage! Yeah no. 10k is worse than a tick from SWP and also interrupts nearby CC, just take off the dmg and buff the utility please.

Ive also found myself in situations where I have to Use my 25 cooldown kick to reach the target JUST to use deadly reach. You know how much damage output is lost in reaching/returning to the target?..

I honestly can't see how this hasn't been addressed yet. You've invested so much time in these amazing animations and in its concept yet its functionality makes it so unpopular to the point where other classes and respective monks just take the class as a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
lolwut.

-You dont bring any significant contribution to the team= no one wants to arena with WW (Best WW monks right now are getting carried and do not reach competitive levels of arena)
Reallllllllly now. So a GOOD monk is being carried.. Totally makes sense. We have plenty of monks at 2200.. despite you know.. this being a NEW class. Lol..

Next is the roll.. Its not very helpful for WW.. Amazing to run away for MW but how is it good when half the time we end up passing over the target and NO its not miscalculation. Skilled players KNOW how roll works and keep you at an adequate distance that makes it completely useless
Realllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Roll is not helpful? *Facedesk* I don't even think I need to explain this one.. *shakes head in disbelief*

12/05/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Zesar
So were pretty much left with a 25 second cooldown of Dragon Kick which is basically a bad version of charge since it doesnt stun , counterpoint: OH BUT WAIT unlike charge, it does damage! Yeah no. 10k is worse than a tick from SWP and also interrupts nearby CC, just take off the dmg and buff the utility please.
...Its extremely fast. If you time it right its also a nice slow. The damage is just a nice little addition. It doesn't need a buff and it won't get a buff.

Another thing I completely forgot to mention is how our 20% brew takes FOR EVER to charge up, its almost useless in arena when other classes just have to press 1 button and BAM burst dmg (Ascension,recklessness, etc)
Its actually nice when the fight goes on and I get to 10 stacks of brew.. and if you can't even get to 10.. thats not a problem with the class, it's your team. It really doesn't take that long to build up stacks lol

respective monks just take the class as a joke.
Respective monks take their class as a joke. Totally. Makes absolutely sense here.

4.5/10

Would not read again.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
Major cons:
-Only class with no DoT (Rogues, druids, mages , hunters can easily stealth away, no damage from a distance, etc)
-Easiest class to CC by far, once you use the trinket. youre done. Have to eat the entire CC's
I'm sure there are more deficiencies to this class but what i listed above are the most significant at the moment.

-You have a DoT, in fact actually 3 (BoK, ToK, and Xuen), granted only one of them being consistently up on a target.
-I do agree, but its not a windwalker only problem. All 3 specs suffer from this problem.
-Melee dps do not need a ranged CC, and to be honest if they fixed the above it wouldn't matter.
-It is true windwalker doesn't have burst, but it does have the strongest sustained damage in the game, and while burst is more important, sustained damage has its place in PvP.
-This is true, our CCs aren't particularly great, they DR with everything, and we have nothing interesting to bring to a team.

I doubt the 2.2k WW monks (Most namely Reqy) are being carried to much, while it may be true that their partners are holding up the slack that the class brings, the skill of the player(s) mean that they're holding their own weight.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
This is an interesting problem, and to be honest you do have Xuen as a cooldown at a start of a match. But I will agree that this is a problem a lot of players have been complaining about.

Jab is also completely broken, make it do SOME dmg at least, its constantly refreshing our GCD... Its frustrating cause im completely snared or CC'd 3/4 of the time and when i finally get to the target I have to Jab my !@# off and by the time i generate Chi im CC'd again.
The thing with jab is that its not suppose to do a lot of damage, one jab is enough to get a BoK or RSK out on a target. Rogues have to build up 5 points to get the most out of their damage, meaning they have to use 5 globals. You just need one.

Roll isn't horrible, it just happens to be a gap closer/opener at the same time. Problem with roll is that it is very skill dependent. In the right hands this ability is powerful.
Another thing, while skilled players know how to fake rolls, better players know how to use that to their advantage.
Edited by Gasleak on 12/5/2012 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Interesting response Gasleak, some very strong points and responses

Serenita on the other hand, not so much.. When I read your feedback on the brew stacks I felt compelled to armory you, turns out youre 1400 with malevolent weapons LOL! Seriously?.. And you are defending WW? Whats wrong with you... And my arena team is the problem...

Just trying to point out our deficiencies, NOT saying everything I listed should get fixed or buffed, fixing everything i listed above would make WW extremely overpowered; forgive me if I mislead you to believe that. Just naming problems I've experienced and other WW monks I've spoken to for blizzard to see and create solutions for SOME of these issues.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2012 12:41 AMPosted by Serenita
lolwut.

Reallllllllly now. So a GOOD monk is being carried.. Totally makes sense. We have plenty of monks at 2200.. despite you know.. this being a NEW class. Lol..

Realllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Roll is not helpful? *Facedesk* I don't even think I need to explain this one.. *shakes head in disbelief*

...Its extremely fast. If you time it right its also a nice slow. The damage is just a nice little addition. It doesn't need a buff and it won't get a buff.

Its actually nice when the fight goes on and I get to 10 stacks of brew.. and if you can't even get to 10.. thats not a problem with the class, it's your team. It really doesn't take that long to build up stacks lol

respective monks just take the class as a joke.
Respective monks take their class as a joke. Totally. Makes absolutely sense here.

4.5/10

Would not read again.

This is exactly what blind denial looks like.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Gasleak
sustained damage has its place in PvP.

Wut.

12/05/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Gasleak
the skill of the player(s) mean that they're holding their own weight.

That suggests that they should be at a higher rating. It shouldn't take multi-glads so much effort just to hit 2.2k.

12/05/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Gasleak
This is an interesting problem, and to be honest you do have Xuen as a cooldown at a start of a match. But I will agree that this is a problem a lot of players have been complaining about.

Easily rooted.

Enhancement Shamans and Hunters can remove snares from their pets that also remove snares from themselves.

WW Monks have to choose.

12/05/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Gasleak
The thing with jab is that its not suppose to do a lot of damage, one jab is enough to get a BoK or RSK out on a target. Rogues have to build up 5 points to get the most out of their damage, meaning they have to use 5 globals. You just need one.

Yes, Jab is fine, I agree.

Roll isn't horrible, it just happens to be a gap closer/opener at the same time. Problem with roll is that it is very skill dependent. In the right hands this ability is powerful.
Another thing, while skilled players know how to fake rolls, better players know how to use that to their advantage.

That takes a super reacting speed that is pretty difficult. Not impossible, but why make one class in particular have to work twice or even three times as hard as the next?

Actually, this is intended since Blizzard did mention that Monks would be at a higher skill level. I suppose that's okay.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
sustained damage has its place in PvP.

Wut.
Affliction warlocks said hello.

the skill of the player(s) mean that they're holding their own weight.

That suggests that they should be at a higher rating. It shouldn't take multi-glads so much effort just to hit 2.2k.
The rating is so inflated at the moment that 2.2k is far more difficult than last season.

Easily rooted.

Enhancement Shamans and Hunters can remove snares from their pets that also remove snares from themselves.

WW Monks have to choose.
Never said Xuen was amazing, just stated that it was a cooldown that was available at a start of the match.
Edited by Gasleak on 12/5/2012 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
12/04/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Xiangyu

Affliction isn't a class.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
12/05/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Gariko

Affliction isn't a class.
Neither is Windwalker.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]