Msg to Blizzard:BUFF WINDWALKER MONKS PLEASE!

12/05/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Gasleak
Affliction warlocks said hello.

Cause right now they're known as one of the specs that are doing alright in arenas right?

Please, get off the forums with your minimal knowledge of the game.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
12/05/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Zesar
They say its a class with high skill cap

I mean having a high skill cap is fine as long as theirs a large pay off.

There isn't

The skill cap is high and even if you hit it you'll probably lose arenas to keyboard turning warriors who just one shot you in a stun.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Monk
he says plenty of times only class with no X but he would have been right in saying only class with no Cleaving attack
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Personally, I know very little about windwalker monks except for the fact that if there is one on the other team, we win.
Reply Quote
-ONLY CLASS WITH NO BURST.. this i dont think i need to explain this one..
lolwut.

-You dont bring any significant contribution to the team= no one wants to arena with WW (Best WW monks right now are getting carried and do not reach competitive levels of arena)
Reallllllllly now. So a GOOD monk is being carried.. Totally makes sense. We have plenty of monks at 2200.. despite you know.. this being a NEW class. Lol..

I don't like being used as someone elses statistic, how many t2 (3s only, rbgs don't require much) WW monks are there, Last I checked, there was just me, dominoz and nerox might have them by now.

Theres Issues with monks, I think only one of them was listed here, the rest is just complaining because were not at t he level of OVERPOWERED classes, I would agree, that aside from a few things, monks are fine.

I doubt the 2.2k WW monks (Most namely Reqy) are being carried to much, while it may be true that their partners are holding up the slack that the class brings, the skill of the player(s) mean that they're holding their own weight.

Ty, getting really old being told my disc priest is carrying me....
They say its a class with high skill cap

I mean having a high skill cap is fine as long as theirs a large pay off.

There isn't

The skill cap is high and even if you hit it you'll probably lose arenas to keyboard turning warriors who just one shot you in a stun.

Leap Shockwave Dead
©reckful
Also I don't think I've faced a warrior whos gear is 100% done tell then, but its still alittle over the top
Edited by Reqy on 12/5/2012 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
Cause right now they're known as one of the specs that are doing alright in arenas right?

They did amazingly well last season, just because I pointed out a spec that has done well in the past with sustained damage, doesn't mean they are doing well now.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
12/05/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Reqy
Ty, getting really old being told my disc priest is carrying me....
No problem, I've grown tired of reading players say that myself.
Reply Quote

They did amazingly well last season, just because I pointed out a spec that has done well in the past with sustained damage, doesn't mean they are doing well now.

12/05/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Gasleak
sustained damage has its place in PvP.

has.

has.

Not had. HAS.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman

12/05/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Gasleak

has.

has. <strong/>

Not had. HAS.
The thing is, it actually does, but there is no reason to have any class capable of it due to how bursty mages/warriors happen to be.

You do realize the problem with affliction happens to be the new dispell mechanic, otherwise their damage would still be strong.
Reply Quote
The thing is, it actually does, but there is no reason to have any class capable of it due to how bursty mages/warriors happen to be.

You do realize the problem with affliction happens to be the new dispell mechanic, otherwise their damage would still be strong.

And therefore, sustained damage doesn't have a place in the current meta.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman

And therefore, sustained damage doesn't have a place in the current meta.
Only till they nerf mages/warriors, which will eventually come.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I would argue (After receiving t1 weapons) that our damage is fine, but our survivability is lacking. Once you get a monks trinket popped, any stun on him can kill him within 1-2 globals. This is more a problem with OTHER classes damage output combined with our lack of defensive choices while stunned.

The simple fix would be to make Dematerialize (Mistweaver only) class wide.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Brizzlee
This is more a problem with OTHER classes damage output combined with our lack of defensive choices while stunned.

This is really my only complaint anymore.

There's some other issues, I'm sure, but as we all play, we'll get better at dealing with them.
Being killed stunned once and dying is pretty frustrating. :/

I don't know if Demataterialize is the best solution or would be balanced, but I really wish there was some way to respond to a stun.
Edited by Draggy on 12/5/2012 9:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've been playing WoW since 2004 and this is the first time I find myself pretty much obligated to write on forums(never have before). Honestly blizzard, I dont know if you test your classes in arena amongst yourselves but WW Monk right now for me is worse than playing ret pally back when it was broken.

Major cons:
-Only class with no DoT (Rogues, druids, mages , hunters can easily stealth away, no damage from a distance, etc)
-Easiest class to CC by far, once you use the trinket. youre done. Have to eat the entire CC's
-No viable ranged CC, seriously, the only "ranged" CC we;d have is would imply taking our most useful stun since fists of fury requires you to stand still..
-ONLY CLASS WITH NO BURST.. this i dont think i need to explain this one..
-You dont bring any significant contribution to the team= no one wants to arena with WW (Best WW monks right now are getting carried and do not reach competitive levels of arena)
I'm sure there are more deficiencies to this class but what i listed above are the most significant at the moment.

I honestly love the concept of monk, also love the play-style, amazing job from the heart in the creation of the class. Its also incredibly fun and viable for pve.
However, I believe a great portion of the population of WoW who plays, does it for the nature of its competition (arena and bgs) and this is where WW does not really fit.

I've gotten 2500 in 5's and 2k+ in almost every season, I'm not just some 1300 judging without any experience. Please blizzard, make us a viable class in arena. I love this class and would really like to play competitively.

Please t

You mean other classes don't get cc'd? The only thing a Warrior has is his own Fear breaker. Mages break stuns. Paladins can bubble cc [rofl]. Shaman can break Fears, and ground ccs, just to name what a few classes can do. However, there are Stuns, Fears, Horrors, Disarms, Blanket Silences, Disorients, and Roots. No class has something to break all of that.

20% damage buff from Tigereye Brew + Trinket + Xuen isn't burst?

Deadly Reach. If you don't like not having it, stop taking it off.

What you bring to the team: 8s Paralysis, 4s Blanket Silence, 4s channeled dps/stun [excellent for getting a kill], 5s stun on a 45s cd. You can eat Mage burst on your healers by channeling Zen Meditation. You can heal yourself for a decent bit, and break roots for your other party members. You bring high, yet steady damage output.

Things you're overlooking:

Monk is the only Melee class that has a 30s sprint [it also breaks roots, and is usable on friendlies]. Monk is the only melee class that has a Teleport skill. Monk is the only class that can quite literally get the !@#$ out of the area nearly instantly [via FSK in the opposite direction of enemies, besides, technically, Warriors with Heroic Leap]. Monks have good healing and cc skills. You open with a Leg Sweep, dps your target, maneuver behind the healer, 8s paralysis, dps more, 1s left on paralysis, you blanket silence them, and then 2-3s later you can paralysis again, DR'd but if its from behind, still 4s. That's a good lockout on short cd, and goes well with many other classes. Then you have to think about any class going low on hp, you get them to nearly where they'll want to use cds, then Fists of Fury: channeled 28-50k hits [on an undergeared Monk], they can't move, can't trinket it, and can't use cds. I've used this to kill healers.

Monks have a lot of tools to help down healers via the short cd ccs to stop heals from going out unless instant.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You mean other classes don't get cc'd? The only thing a Warrior has is his own Fear/sap/incap breaker. Mages break stuns/roots/snares. Paladins can remove any root/snare, grant immunity to them to himself or his allies and bubble cc [rofl]. Shaman can break Fears/seduce/sleep, and ground ccs, just to name what a few classes can do. However, there are Stuns, Fears, Horrors, Disarms, Blanket Silences, Disorients, and Roots. No class has something to break all of that.

Point proven.
No class can break all of them, but they can break more than one type.
Every single class can break/mitigate multiple forms of CC while monks only get a single talented break.
In fact Monks literally get the bare minimum since every other melee class is capable of breaking snares/roots.

12/06/2012 03:42 AMPosted by Iztepetl
Great point.
Except that Tigereye charges must be built up, and can be lost.

20yd incap that is broken on damage.
Know what my 20 yard cc is? A stun. 30 yards? Snare
A warrior's? A stun. 30? Another stun
A DK? A stun 30? A snare that may accompany a root, or just bring you to them.
A shammy? Root, and/or a snare
Rogue? incap that can be broken on damage...
Or a 5sec snare that can't
I won't even count feral druids because that just isn't fair to your argument.
To be fair we can talent into a skill shot stun with a 30yard range. That also happens to have the shortest duration of anything listed here.

What you bring to the team: 8s Paralysis, 4s Blanket Silence, 4s channeled dps/stun [excellent for getting a kill], 5s stun on a 45s cd. You can eat Mage burst on your healers by channeling Zen Meditation. You can heal yourself for a decent bit, and break roots for your other party members. You bring high, yet steady damage output.
1) If you're behind them 2) If you're in front of them 3) Great skill. 4) At the cost of the ranged CC which we woefully lack 5) Another great skill 6) With no immediate immunity, so roots/snares can just be reapplied. 7) Assuming no class with a CC (read: all of them) targets you.

I'm not here to mope though, monks are great for taking out healers, and used properly can really help smash flag/orb carriers. Not to mention that they are fantastic for moving the flag themselves. All I really want for the spec is the ability to become immune to one form of CC for a short time like every other melee class in the game, and maybe a brew ability that we can use out of combat to build up Tigereye stacks. Even if it has a 5min CD, I don't mind. Monk damage is fine in my opinion, I'd just like the opportunity to use it.
Reply Quote
Don't bother responding to that priest. He thinks Monks are fine because we have the ability to do it, and assumes everyone has perfect reaction/latency to do it with.

Don't bring up that Blizzard assumes the same because they fixed Warrior charge for latency.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Don't bother responding to that priest. He thinks Monks are fine because we have the ability to do it, and assumes everyone has perfect reaction/latency to do it with.

Don't bring up that Blizzard assumes the same because they fixed Warrior charge for latency.

Blizzard doesn't care if you're mad about your latency problems. Just because you have !@#$ internet, it doesn't mean that the class has issues. You don't need perfect reaction, you just have to not be bad. And from your argument it really seems like you aren't a very high rated player, contrary to what your account says.

Latency is your problem. Leave it out of this, or choose a server closer to you.

Reaction is also your problem. If you have bad reaction time, deal with it. I guess maybe you seem to miss the part where reaction time and latency have nothing to do with the CLASS.
Reply Quote
You're an idiot and a blathering twit, therefore I refuse to dignify anything you say with a real response.

WW Monks have no place in arenas right now, and GC already agreed.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I would argue (After receiving t1 weapons) that our damage is fine, but our survivability is lacking. Once you get a monks trinket popped, any stun on him can kill him within 1-2 globals. This is more a problem with OTHER classes damage output combined with our lack of defensive choices while stunned.

The simple fix would be to make Dematerialize (Mistweaver only) class wide.

I believe this is the main concern most WW Monk players have at the moment. (Also, as a side note, this is the number one reason why we know top-rated WW Monks are being carried by their teams--I'm sorry, you can't live through the game's current CC-spam mechanics without a 'beast' of a healer keeping you alive ... you just can't.) At the very least, Windwalkers need some way of mitigating damage DURING a cc-chain, AFTER being CC'd.

Also, Tiger's Lust should prevent the re-application of movement-impairing CC. The 'spamability' of certain rooting abilities in this game makes it borderline-useless at times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/06/2012 05:09 AMPosted by Fayt
You mean other classes don't get cc'd? The only thing a Warrior has is his own Fear/sap/incap breaker. Mages break stuns/roots/snares. Paladins can remove any root/snare, grant immunity to them to himself or his allies and bubble cc [rofl]. Shaman can break Fears/seduce/sleep, and ground ccs, just to name what a few classes can do. However, there are Stuns, Fears, Horrors, Disarms, Blanket Silences, Disorients, and Roots. No class has something to break all of that.

Point proven.
No class can break all of them, but they can break more than one type.
Every single class can break/mitigate multiple forms of CC while monks only get a single talented break.
In fact Monks literally get the bare minimum since every other melee class is capable of breaking snares/roots.

Great point.
Except that Tigereye charges must be built up, and can be lost.

20yd incap that is broken on damage.
Know what my 20 yard cc is? A stun. 30 yards? Snare
A warrior's? A stun. 30? Another stun
A DK? A stun 30? A snare that may accompany a root, or just bring you to them.
A shammy? Root, and/or a snare
Rogue? incap that can be broken on damage...
Or a 5sec snare that can't
I won't even count feral druids because that just isn't fair to your argument.
To be fair we can talent into a skill shot stun with a 30yard range. That also happens to have the shortest duration of anything listed here.

1) If you're behind them 2) If you're in front of them 3) Great skill. 4) At the cost of the ranged CC which we woefully lack 5) Another great skill 6) With no immediate immunity, so roots/snares can just be reapplied. 7) Assuming no class with a CC (read: all of them) targets you.

I'm not here to mope though, monks are great for taking out healers, and used properly can really help smash flag/orb carriers. Not to mention that they are fantastic for moving the flag themselves. All I really want for the spec is the ability to become immune to one form of CC for a short time like every other melee class in the game, and maybe a brew ability that we can use out of combat to build up Tigereye stacks. Even if it has a 5min CD, I don't mind. Monk damage is fine in my opinion, I'd just like the opportunity to use it.

Only Rogues get a talented break on roots, because CoS isn't generally used for that.

You're an idiot and a blathering twit, therefore I refuse to dignify anything you say with a real response.

WW Monks have no place in arenas right now, and GC already agreed.

So funny how instead of a logical, intelligent, thought out response, you just get defensive and insulting. It really shows a lot about you as a person, and as a player. Just because Monks need some fixing, it doesn't mean that you can't succeed. Learn to play. Clearly you need to.
Edited by Iztepetl on 12/6/2012 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]