Msg to Blizzard:BUFF WINDWALKER MONKS PLEASE!

9 Undead Mage
We should have ability where we break the enemy target's legs making it so they can't run away. That'd help. Being kited by everything sucks.
Reply Quote
First things first -- let's stop comparing UA Locks to WW Monks; the two specs may be "sustained" PvP specs, but the two are drastically different and low and behold -- UA's DoT damage wins out. The damage is being done despite where the Lock is adjacent to the target, can DoT up another target with Soul Swap and the damage can be done at range. UA DoT damage may be sustained, but it's overall 'ticking' damage is bursty, not to mention the raw utility that protects their spells from being dispelled -- a gamble on the dispelers end.

Windwalker damage, in my honest opinion, is fine right now. Honestly. The changes that *need* to occur are things that help smooth out the game play.

Examples: Take out the Chi cost for Fists of Fury, Touch of Karma and Tiger's Lust. These are high CD timers and we very much so rely on them. So, we WW's need to be able to use them right when the situation demands it.

--> Another suggestion would be to allow Windwalker's to channel Crackling Jade Lightning on the move and have it snare. Rolls have their place in PvP and they have their place among "skilled rolls", however, this leaves us vulnerable in some cases.

Windwalker's just need tweeks to help smooth out the game play; once this happens you will all see the damage was fine all along, we just have to do too much to get so little.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The only thing I don't like about Windwalker in PVE is the inability to cleave. Otherwise it seems very good. It's great for AOE and switching targets. There is very little ramp up time on a target.
Edited by Friendzee on 12/6/2012 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Zenmachi
We should have ability where we break the enemy target's legs making it so they can't run away. That'd help. Being kited by everything sucks.

??

Disable once, slowed. Disable again, rooted.
Reply Quote
You're an idiot and a blathering twit, therefore I refuse to dignify anything you say with a real response.

WW Monks have no place in arenas right now, and GC already agreed.

you are 100% wrong.
Reply Quote
You're an idiot and a blathering twit, therefore I refuse to dignify anything you say with a real response.

WW Monks have no place in arenas right now, and GC already agreed.

you are 100% wrong.

So it's okay for a monk to require a team full of glads to scratch 2200?

Sure thing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Rejoice my fellow monk brethren, we are getting a great buff in 5.2! all ur hopes and dreams are coming true.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Iztepetl
Latency is your problem. Leave it out of this, or choose a server closer to you.

This thread sure didn't end up well, but we should at least address this.

WoW gets around high latency by letting the client basically be in control of where they are.
Your ping can be incredibly low, but if you try to hit someone with moderately high ping, it's not gonna happen, because you're seeing them in a much different spot than where they really are.

That's why a 5 yard Leg Sweep has some pretty apparent issues with missing if you play against people who don't have a great internet connection. That's also why you can be on top of people and still not able to hit them, when your own ping is very low.

It's not his problem necessarily, it's because the client tells the server where they are, rather than the other way around.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
theirs plenty of ww monk vids out of ppl wrecking full geared 1800+ ppl in duels/arenas.
Reply Quote
What's so funny about this thread is that most of the complaints made by the op are recieving attention in 5.2. Kinda like a big middle finger to all the mumbo jumbo monks are fine posters.

We won't be as weak against cc come 5.2. Nimble brew sounds great, although i'd trade the 6 seconds of 60% cc reduction for a 3 second immunity to cc after popping it. No chi costs on several utility abilities= DUH BLIZ why did it take so long?

I'd still like to see roll addressed.

Hell, we're even getting a cleave.

It really cracks me up that people come on here claiming that monks are "FINE AS IS!!!". Monks are a new class, there's no possible way that bliz could hit the design mark with them balanced and ready for play right out of the gates. Every class besides monks and dks have nearly a decade of development behind them. Dks have nearly half a decade.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In my opinion, the spells that really need a buff are: Roll, Flying Serpent Kick and Fortifying Brew.

Our gap closers have something wrong right now. We don't need a target to cast them and that's the problem. Having a glyph that makes them requiring a target to cast them would be great! There is a Glyph of Flying Serpent Kick that makes us hit the first target on sight but that's just so bad. Please redesign it and add Roll in it.

As for Fortifying Brew, reduce the cooldown to 2 mins. At least for windwalkers. Add something cool with it such as stun breaker.

Now that would probably give us a change. Thank you for reading!

Last minute idea: Roll and/or Spinning Crane Kick should hit the legs of all enemies in the way, reducing their movement speed by 50%.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Speaking of high rated monks who stream.

This dude is 2400-2500 in 3s and 2100 in 2s.

Honestly not sure how that translates from EU to US but he's pretty damn good. He makes monk look borderline OP.

Kenkon

http://www.twitch.tv/kenkon/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

EDIT: I too know EXACTLY what its like to have !@#$ defenses in a stun. If I pop evasion and get stunned it does absolutely NADA to keep me alive vs a warrior. Hell it hardly even works when I'm not stunned.

Blizzard is looking at monks and have (so far) buffed you guys in your problem areas come 5.2. I doubt the extra trinket will stay as is but atleast they get the idea that stuns screw you guys over.
Edited by Kyrillos on 12/27/2012 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Really you guys are arguing over spilt milk. Monks are getting a needed buff in 5.2.

1. Yes no dot I guess can suck against stealth classes, but I see that as a minor inconvenience.
2. 5.2 Nimble Brew cast while cc'ed reduces ccs
3. 5.2 Deadly Reach baseline. May not be considered range but even a faked roll can reach that distance. Our mobility is the monks greatest potential. I'd rather them buff our movement instead of giving us more ranged moves.
4. In the World of Global I like being on the sustained part of the deal. Our mastery is becoming baseline and our brew will stack faster now. Still makes us sustained imo but more damage over all. Also "elemental dudes splitting up increase damage "spell might be some kind of burst, maybe stack with brew.
5. Ring of Peace, aoe silence/disarm sounds very attractive to an arena and rbg setting. Whether you can trinket out or other things not sure, we'll just have to wait.

OP your right in your concerns and I'm not denying that, just we have to wait and see on this one.

And no I'm not 90 or a glad. I can read good tho ahuh!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I dunno about y'all but I kick the !@#$ out of people most the time
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/03/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Zesar
Only class with no DoT

they have a dot which is very weak, but i would prefer not to have one just because paralysis
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You know why i'm leveling a WW? because it's fun. We will have our time in the sun blizz isn't going to let the expansion mascot flounder for too long.
Reply Quote
WW maybe not the best in arenas aka when focused by their are extremly good in rbgs, bgs and world pvp. their skill cap is high tho and its a complete new play style that not many people are still adapted to to.

monks are very good atm, but yes they could be better but they def not the worse atm
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Speaking of high rated monks who stream.

This dude is 2400-2500 in 3s and 2100 in 2s.

Honestly not sure how that translates from EU to US but he's pretty damn good. He makes monk look borderline OP.

Kenkon

http://www.twitch.tv/kenkon/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

EDIT: I too know EXACTLY what its like to have !@#$ defenses in a stun. If I pop evasion and get stunned it does absolutely NADA to keep me alive vs a warrior. Hell it hardly even works when I'm not stunned.

Blizzard is looking at monks and have (so far) buffed you guys in your problem areas come 5.2. I doubt the extra trinket will stay as is but atleast they get the idea that stuns screw you guys over.

Very nice vids Kyrillos of this guy, he is indeed good.
Reply Quote
check out patch notes for 5.2 monks are looking amazing :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]