Highly Rated Post: Competitive Gaming

90 Human Rogue
this thread should really be on the front page
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/14/2012 02:06 AMPosted by Qqoblin
Having to run through so many bgs with bots and afks for gear ruins the experiece and kinda burns me out.

If people didn't have to grind to be competitive we would see a a lot less afkers. What reason is there to afk if gear doesn't matter? Yet another reason that gear should be equalized.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/15/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Dethz

Agreed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
There are interesting points here.

However, a lot of what keeps players playing is progression. So for pvp if they made it easier to get pvp gear i think they would be worried that people would lose interest too quickly.

But keeping the current system is obviously making the game unapproachable to the mainstream. How many people here have friends that wont play solely because of the fact they dont want to wait 2-3 months before they can even start having fun?

I think a possible solution to this problem would be making the pvp gear much easier to get but giving aesthetic's to new progression. For instance arena's played or BG's played. This brings up another problem of having to take time away from whatever the artists are currently working on to start working on new aesthetics for this system. You can be pretty sure the artists are probably already spread thin having to make 11 new pvp and pve sets each update. So you might be able to use unavailable transmog gear or even let people with enough progression transmog into other classes armor etc..

Lots of problems but for every problem there is a viable solution IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/06/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Elgunaz
Most of the things you mentioned that 'hurt' PvP are a direct consequence of PvE balance. For example, homogenization, to the extent that it is implemented, actually succeeded in achieving "bring the player not the class" in a raiding environment. Now except for gimmicky fights and world-class progression, class don't really matter. Getting all the raid buffs, achieving token balance, gear niche equidistribution even in a 10 man raid are fairly easy nowadays. Also, you can be sure that even if you don't focus on bringing specific classes that all of your needs will be met in a raid environment. This is at the expense perhaps of 'uniqueness' in PvP but let's be realistic here: if everyone who PvPs seriously ups and leaves the game tomorrow, WoW will still have 10 million+ subscribers.

As you mentioned, the whole 'bring the player, not the class' stemmed from the distribution of buffs /debuffs in raids. But I'm not sure that's the kind of homogenization that pvpers are looking at in a negative light.

For example, it's one thing for warriors, dks, and hunters to provide a battle shout type buff; or druids, rogues, warriors to share a sunder armor type debuff. But it's a whole other issue when something like 30 out of 34 specs have an interrupt/silence. That isn't 3 or 4 classes, or 5 or 6 specs sharing an ability, that's the vast majority.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/17/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Drclone
wait 2-3 months before they can even start having fun

Kind of sad that this is even a topic of discussion. Seems so obvious a problem, it should have been solved long ago.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/17/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Laniia
For example, it's one thing for warriors, dks, and hunters to provide a battle shout type buff; or druids, rogues, warriors to share a sunder armor type debuff. But it's a whole other issue when something like 30 out of 34 specs have an interrupt/silence. That isn't 3 or 4 classes, or 5 or 6 specs sharing an ability, that's the vast majority.

This is a pretty good way to put it. There isn't much issue with classes having SOME similar abilities, but when classes are so similar that you can compare apples to apples, there's a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I love the suggestions being made.

I requested sticky.

Thanks for support. If we want to get things done we need to make sure that blizzard can see what we want. Spread around this post so that we can get some attention on it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/15/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Dethz

Exactly this! Toning down grinding makes more time for fun! ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
People like this should be working for Blizzard, not the incompetent mindless morons that they currently have. Making a game easier for infants is logically !@#$ing stupid considering the fact that you have to pay per month. Fundamentally, a game that has an extremely low level to master is a quick direction to boredom and most are pretty much at that point. I personally would like to know what the %^-* happen when Activision took over because all Blizzard games turned into a sack of !@#$ quick status. All their games went from difficult to garbage, skip easy. Titan was going in the wrong direction and the person in charge of it was fired, with that fact said, the same needs to be done to who ever is running WOW because all of these decisions and expansions get worse over time.

Blizzard is honestly the Walmart of gaming. You expect cheap prices, sets the lowest of low standards, and gives zero %^-*s about anyone and everything as long as the $ rolls in. Pretending to care and turning your back falls under the term apathy. You have to step your game up Blizzard, at least be the K-Mart of gaming... You can do it... I think?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Agree on everything but 3rd point is just a dream thats not going to happen, even if its a f2p. Gear is normalized for tournaments tho, but having to grind to get your gear is part of the game and every other mmorpg. You cant compare this aspect of the game with others like Dota or SC2, mb with LoL since u have to grind to get lvl 30, ip for runes, pages and champs.

I dont know how the game could be fixed without undoing all they have done since cata, and the fact that they dont want to separate PvE from PvP makes it worse for the ones that are in charge of fixing this mess.

Ps: Back to the front page u go.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
This thread sums up everything wrong with this game
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have a large problem with the amount of time required to be competitive. I started a month or two after MoP was released, and basically haven't been able to enjoy the game yet. If Blizzard wishes to keep the gear progression aspect, perhaps tone it down so people who want to level alts, or come back to the game can actually do so reasonably.

I also agree with the class homogenization comments and the negative movements the game has taken as far as mechanics go.

Great forum, I sincerely hope it gets attention and more importantly inspires action from developers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Agreed. Put it in a much friendlier fashion than I would have. +1
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Agree!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
bumpadoodle doo
Reply Quote
1)Battlegroups needs to be merged. This is creating information costs , there is an absurd skill difference players in Bg9 and others. People can get their achievements and transfer to more competitive battlegroups.

2)It is not interesting watch KFC , or queue into KFC all night.

3)Underrepresented specs are underrepresented for good reasons , they need some love.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
WoW was not even close to balanced when it was part of MLG and that's why it was removed. Blizz has put more attention into PvP during MoP than ever before. Far more specs are viable for PvP than WoW has ever seen.

Global champion Kollectiv was asked what he thought of WoW's PvP as it is now. He responded saying its the closest to balanced its ever been. That still leaves a lot of room for improvement but it does show Blizz is moving in the right direction.
Reply Quote
89 Human Rogue
Like one Guy said games been around 8 Years and they simply cant get it right whether spec/classes or the attaining of gear for pvp.
I look at my measly 4k honor and what the justice will convert into and what gear ill get at 90 and the geared players ill be against even in non rated and 1 simply will not bother ill just reoll a alt and pvp instead.
If dont pvp at start you will never catch up and just be a freebie kill zero point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I like this, we're on the front page now!! bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]