Powershot?

90 Human Hunter
I think we can all agree that powershot is the most broken spell this game has ever seen. Ghostcrawler says its supposed to be a skill shot... but can't we all agree that's a big sack of BS?! I can only get about 1 out of 5 to work at all.... It's such a great idea of a spell but it needs to be fixed ASAP. Just normalize it in a hotfix or something, jesus.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I agree. In pve i have no issues with it at all. But in pvp it seem to just go on CD and waist my time casting it. if i cast it from camo i have like a 90% ratio of it not doing anything at all. Not a miss not a dodge not immune just doesn't do anything no knock backs, NOTHING! atm if this was working it is one of the few things keeping hunters viable in pvp but with this bug we are so unreliable and cant call out burst cuz you'll never know if its guna hit or just go on CD and do nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
it's totally useless in pvp i'd reckon, the time it takes to cast one, you'd already be stunned.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Idk, I was having tons of fun with it in bgs yesterday, powershotting people off of LM and such from camo.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
CLC
12/04/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Zolid
Idk, I was having tons of fun with it in bgs yesterday, powershotting people off of LM and such from camo.

This. Use Powershot from Camo, especially in places like LM and the middle of EotS. You can get upwards of 150k crits, and then go to town with BW + any other CDs and instantly melt faces.

A little frustrating when it doesn't hit, but so worth it when it does.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
its not about it not hitting it just sometimes doesn't do anything. Not a miss or dodge just nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I played around with Powershot in bgs yesterday, honestly it was a huge let down and incredibly disappointing. Especially for the amount of time it takes to cast for the effect and damage done. I went back to Glaive Toss which probably does more damage and is way more fun to use. The knockback effect was useless, the Explosive Trap glyph is way more powerful than the Powershot talent. As for the damage output, if your target it set up with pvp resilience or you dont crit on your shot, you are not hitting for 150k hits. More likely you are getting a 20k hit.

Sadly Kill Shots are just as horrible. I get more damage on a normal Arcane shot than I do on a crit Kill Shot.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Yeah for the time it takes it's just too long for not enough damage. Let us cast it on the move or lower the cast time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I don't like it for raiding. It moves too many mobs around.

I used it in PvP this week and had a lot of fun. I haven't had it fail that often, but I limit its use.

Stationary targets that are CCed or trying to capture the flag are always hit. If they are standing next to a cliff, it is mandatory.

Those two pillar humpers sticking togetherin the arena? Bam, now they are out.

I do not attack targets that are noticeably on a different elevation.

Moving targets are limited to those running towards or away from me (in a straight line).

My favorite is the windup from Camo...

RapidFire+Trink > Power Shot > Chimera > Arcane > TotH Proc Dump = dead (or at least 3/4 dead) opponent.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I enjoy it when it doesnt bug. Takes a lil to set it up, but thats a given with a cast shot. Ive been able to global several players in bgs and arena's in the last two weeks between that, chimera, and if im able to set it up, aimed to a power to chimera with cds up. The characters ive faced typically are fully geared also.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Sax
I enjoy it when it doesnt bug. Takes a lil to set it up, but thats a given with a cast shot. Ive been able to global several players in bgs and arena's in the last two weeks between that, chimera, and if im able to set it up, aimed to a power to chimera with cds up. The characters ive faced typically are fully geared also.

Yeah, I think it's useful for arenas in conjunction with the camo glyph, and that opener advantage can easily win us the match when it doesn't bug. Usually for BGs/RBGs I'll take the glaives, since it's useful for flag AoE and does more damage overall.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It's too buggy to be considered useful for me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
And yet they post nothing about it being bugged or fixed. It's like blizz doesnt even listen to the problems we're having.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
From the 1 mind cooldown to the 6 second cast time and only getting 15 - 20k crits most of the time when it does hit makes powershot pretty danm useless.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I too heard it was a skill shot, but I think Blizzard knows its bugged. Sometimes it doesn't proc on a target that doesn't move at all. As I said I think blizzard knows its a bug and doesn't have it high on the priority list, but it'd be nice of them to acknowledge it for us.
Edited by Banehk on 12/5/2012 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
i used it on ( cc-ed - moving - standing ) target and still do nothing 80% .. !!

so i think it's a luck shot ... Hunter Flavor ftw
Edited by Ôk on 12/5/2012 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Sry failed edit
Edited by Banehk on 12/5/2012 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
12/05/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Saturn
It's mostly an opener.

it's an awesome opener lol, me and my triple hunter 3's for points just all stealth and hope to 1 shot someone. sometimes one of us 1 shots the kill target,(Powershot,Blinkstrike crits) sometimes it fails, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/06/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Gungrave
It's mostly an opener.

it's an awesome opener lol, me and my triple hunter 3's for points just all stealth and hope to 1 shot someone. sometimes one of us 1 shots the kill target,(Powershot,Blinkstrike crits) sometimes it fails, lol.

trigun and gungrave .

yes i agree that would be awesome specially if he was a healer .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]