Need help for PvP boomkin.

90 Night Elf Druid
So, I'm currently rushing my druid to 90 and I havn't played boomkin seriously since BC. So I'm totally out of date on stats priorities and stuff like that. I don't need any advices on how to "play" it. Just mostly gearwise, gems, enchants and stuff.
Anyone with good knowledge of PvP boomkin can enlighten me?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Crit and PvP power/int.

*Reforge everything to get crit (after the 6% hit cap) after that haste.
*Gems: PvP power or int, power nullifies resilience, down side; with the last patch it does not boost our heals anymore.
*Enchants: resilience if possible. most items can have resilience chanted on it. If you cant get resil on it then normal chanting stat priority, int>crit>haste>mastery. Exception, you want to use Pandaren's Step (mastery+movement speed) over haste, for obvious reasons.
Edited by Draakmis on 12/4/2012 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Geming: I was actually curious about this and stat priority since 5.1
Here is my posting with some other responses:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200034857?page=1#3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
what about mastery?
Do I get crit up to a certain point or do I stack it on everything I can?
PvP power is pretty obvious and the move speed on boots too.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
there is no real cap to crit. my pve i sit at about 20-22% pvp obviously less. more crit you have more SS procs. and since it is VERY hard to hard cast you want as much instant casts as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/04/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Hotchicken
what about mastery?

Depends on play style. If you are good about your movement into and out of eclipse's then I would got for more mastery. (with 4pc you can AC on the move). If you are not so good, then haste. Stacking mastery would only hurt your damage output, since it only helps you while in eclipse.

That said. If you are good enough to time eclipse procs and your CDs mastery would ReaLLY help your burst.

IE: 75 energy (1 cast to lunar) Sfall > wrath cast (or AC) to lunar > IC,NV,on use trinket (int or cirt no haste here) > dot spam SS procs or hard cast if you can > 15sec left on IC, pop CA,engi gloves, Troll racial, on use > Sfall, Dot spam, SS procs hard cast.

30 seconds of eclipse buff, +25% damage form IC, +20% damage and heals from NV, 3 Sfalls, 3 stacks of lunar shower for Dot spam..... mastery's multiplier for that 30sec is nice.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ah I thought SS was 30% on any periodic moonfire or sunfire.

I guess I should read more about gemming. Seems like resilience is the way to go and there is a tough choice between int and PvP power.
I guess I'll aim for Resilience in yellow, resilience PvP power in blue and resilience int in red.
And for the rest, reforge to crit.
Enchants will be resilience>int>crit>haste. And move speed on boots
Edited by Hotchicken on 12/4/2012 11:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And for mastery, yes I am pretty good at keeping my eclipse up as much as possible. And astal communication is already a much used ability even without the on the move. LoS being a good ol' friend of mine.
So should I give some love to mastery or focus on my other post?
Maybe prioritize mastery over haste?

Edit : I've also gotten used to using sunfire before moonfire when in moon stance and moonfire before sunfire when in sun stance. Every little bits help.
Edited by Hotchicken on 12/4/2012 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Numbers for me in my PvP gear:

1k Int = 7.2% DPS, 4.2% HPS
1k Haste = 2.2% faster everything (except CD's and placing WM)
1k Hit = 3% DPS, 0% HPS (a bit misleading, because DoTs can be easily re-applied)
1k Crit = 3.7% DPS boost, 1.5% HPS (DPS rotation heavily weighted towards MF+Shooting stars procs, if you ignored SS entirely this would be down to 1.5%)
1k Resil = 6.8% less damage taken
1k PvPPower = 3.1% DPS, 0% HPS
1k Mastery = 2.3% DPS, if all my attacks benefited. 0% HPS

Unless I think I'm rarely a target, Resil is the best gemming choice (sometimes even ignoring socket bonuses).

For reforging I go Crit>Haste>Spirit>Mastery, but depending on how you value CC's or de-value heals, I could see either Haste or Spirit at the top of the list.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Numbers for me in my PvP gear:

1k Int = 7.2% DPS, 4.2% HPS
1k Haste = 2.2% faster everything (except CD's and placing WM)
1k Hit = 3% DPS, 0% HPS (a bit misleading, because DoTs can be easily re-applied)
1k Crit = 3.7% DPS boost, 1.5% HPS (DPS rotation heavily weighted towards MF+Shooting stars procs, if you ignored SS entirely this would be down to 1.5%)
1k Resil = 6.8% less damage taken
1k PvPPower = 3.1% DPS, 0% HPS
1k Mastery = 2.3% DPS, if all my attacks benefited. 0% HPS

Unless I think I'm rarely a target, Resil is the best gemming choice (sometimes even ignoring socket bonuses).

For reforging I go Crit>Haste>Spirit>Mastery, but depending on how you value CC's or de-value heals, I could see either Haste or Spirit at the top of the list.

Are you sure for mastery? o.O
Right now at level 88, 1k mastery increase damage by 5.07% while under eclipse. Tho it doesn't increase one of my dot damage it increase every damage I will use aside from my engi useable.
Edited by Hotchicken on 12/4/2012 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Are you sure for mastery? o.O
Wrathcalcs says the mastery bonus is
15%+(8+Mastery/600)/100*1.875
which, if I am not mistaken is
30%+Mastery/320/100

My PvP set has 1904 mastery = 35.95%. Add 1000, and that becomes 39.075%
Damage = otherstuff * (1+mastery)
1.39075/1.3595 = 1.023, or a 2.3% increase.

Note that your armory shows a number 15% less (instead of 35.95%, you'd see 20.95%), but if you look at your MF ticks on a target dummy, you should notice the difference (I think even your tooltip should show the difference during Eclipse).

Edit: From EJ post http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-combat_ratings_level_85_cataclysm/p40/#post2168613
At level 88, that 600 in Wrathcalcs becomes just 370, so 1000 Mastery is worth a lot more to you than it is to me (but so is 1k Crit or Haste or Hit).
Edited by Erdluf on 12/4/2012 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Crit / pvp power.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]