Rogues QQ Try ele shaman

90 Dwarf Shaman
Rogues are damn near fine they have an amazing opener but i will admit there constant dmg is a little low after that. People are crying when rogues were by far the best class in cata and ele's were only good 1 season of wotlk. Buff them both but come on give ele atleast 1 more season of being good
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Really ele shimmies are actually really good right now compared to the past. Rogue may have great openers however we have horrible dps.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/04/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Whosdeadnow
Really ele shimmies are actually really good right now compared to the past. Rogue may have great openers however we have horrible dps.

compared to the past hah ele shamans were bad every season but season 8
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Rogue = class

Ele = spec that has resto

cy@

You guys just had season 11 to faceroll with legendaries i dont even wanna hear it lol still plenty of rogues at like 2500 i challenge you to find a 2500 ele shaman this season
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you can't succeed as an Elemental Shaman, it's a L2P. Elemental isn't bad, it's just not OP. They are like Destruction Warlocks, just without Blood Fear. If they get just a few seconds to free cast, it's GG.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/04/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Locusts
You guys just had season 11 to faceroll with legendaries i dont even wanna hear it lol still plenty of rogues at like 2500 i challenge you to find a 2500 ele shaman this season

Why play ele if you can just go resto?

If you want to do damage, then why not just play a lock or mage? It's been how many years and elemental was only good when it could take 75% of someones health in a global? You'd think players would have gotten the hint that blizzard has no intention of balancing ele in arena but apparently not.

because there's more to shaman than resto believe it or not. Im 2k on my ele love the playstyle and with the rogue why not reroll feral druid they are way better similar playstyle
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/04/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Christhemity
If you can't succeed as an Elemental Shaman, it's a L2P. Elemental isn't bad, it's just not OP. They are like Destruction Warlocks, just without Blood Fear. If they get just a few seconds to free cast, it's GG.

Try to survive as an elemental shaman in arena. The burst is to high you simply cannot live with the weak defenses we have
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
ITT: Bunch of people who never played elemental saying its fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Lol elemental shaman is NOT fine.

Before I start, let me elaborate: Do not say 'spec, not class', because the ideology that elemental shamans do not need a buff due to resto being viable is ridiculous. The class was just nerfed hard with the silence on totems. I'll elaborate on that in a bit, but the problem becomes, what if you want to play a shaman as a dps class? You like the idea of a shaman. You played a shaman. And you don't want to heal? Why do people play shadowpriests when they can heal? Because they like damage. You shouldn't be pigeonholed into one spec to be viable, especially when the spec is healing compared to damage.

Now as to where elemental shamans are bad. They have good sustained damage: just flameshock, and your lavaburst/lightning bolt are ready to go. Their burst is meh, I mean you can spam lavaburst but a silence or a purge on flame shock ruins it pretty badly, and it's not a really good burst. But their offheals aren't bad, their CC isn't bad, and the problems I've mentioned still leaves it as an above-average class.

The problem is surviving.

With the nerf to totems, in the fact that a silence effectively ruins their ability to place totems, an elemental shaman dies. They can't thunderstorm you away (which is useless versus casters to begin with, and barely stops a melee), they can't pop stone bulwark totem, they can't pop healing tide totem, they can't pop earthgrab or freezing shock you, and they can't heal. They sit there, and slowly die. A single CC on a healer plus silence on an elemental shaman, is nearly effectively an instant kill. They're arguably one of the most killable specs out of the 34 in existence.

Elemental shaman's defensive cooldowns are absolutely pitiful, coupled with the fact that most are able to be eradicated by a simple tab-target hit on a totem to effectively remove it. They have nothing to survive compared to other classes. I can sword+board + second wind. Rogues can vanish, cloak, evade, etc. Paladins can bubble or freedom+run. Mages iceblock. Druids instant-healing touch or displacer beast or bearform regen. My point is, there is no 'oh !@#$!' button for an elemental shaman, there is only death. They will die to any good swap in existence, despite how viable their offense is.

They need a defensive cooldown, or they can be trained into the ground. There is no offense when you are on the pitiful excuse for defense you have.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
THese posts are moronic.

Ele is a SPEC... Rogues are an ENTIRE CLASS. THere is a HGUGE difference.

When an entire class is struggling, that leaves very little room for any viability / play options. Shamans can spec Resto and be pretty much the top dog healer atm or go enhance and do KFC. Rogues can... die?

Rogues are having the same issues WW / DK / Healing priests are having.. THey all need some serious loving.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I agree, my buddy I run arena's with on my holy pally is ALWAYS targeted.. he lives for maybe 20sec if not less. They are just so so weak, he considered going enhance but it would be the same deal. I think he realized that and is now leveling his shadow priest to 90...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Non-resto shamans. Rogues, dks and monks. We all suck. Can we argue less about which of us sucks the most? Face it, we're all really bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/04/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Aorris
Non-resto shamans. Rogues, dks and monks. We all suck. Can we argue less about which of us sucks the most? Face it, we're all really bad.

Can I just point out the problem with all of them, is they can all be trained into the ground due to bad survivability/bad defensives?

I'm noticing a theme here, blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/04/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Frequently
compared to the past hah ele shamans were bad every season but season 8
Wait but....this is now, so this should be fixed in the next expansion or should it be fixed now?
Edited by Medgitwar on 12/4/2012 10:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/04/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Frequently

Try to survive as an elemental shaman in arena. The burst is to high you simply cannot live with the weak defenses we have

I'm a Ret, I know what having the worst defensives in the game is all about. At least you have your 48k Healing Surges. I have my 23k Flash of Lights and my 37k WoGs that cut my damage down by 60% if I have to use that over Templar's Verdict.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
48k healing surges? try 30k
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah, while I feel for elemental, Shamans have Enhancement and Resto which are both very viable in PvP right now. Monks, DKs, and rogues feel weak as a CLASS. There isn't really a strong spec in any of these classes to compensate for the other specs being !@#$ lol.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS
12/04/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Christhemity

Found this to be really funny. Ele is hands down the crappiest spec in arena atm. I've seen one since 5.1 and mabye 1 before that. I play between 2k-2200 mmr. Every other spec shows up from time to time but not Ele.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]