Rogues QQ Try ele shaman

90 Orc Shaman
This forum is funny..

Here is the problem:
Elemental was already bad because of its lack of defenses, because of the nerf to totems elemental is complete trash. One silence on an ele shaman and you are dead. no astral shift, earthgrab, grounding, healing tide. "But you can off-heal" Healing surge is garbage as ele and destroys your mana.

Now lets not see anymore of this "why play ele if you can go resto" crap
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
THese posts are moronic.

Ele is a SPEC... Rogues are an ENTIRE CLASS. THere is a HGUGE difference.

When an entire class is struggling, that leaves very little room for any viability / play options. Shamans can spec Resto and be pretty much the top dog healer atm or go enhance and do KFC. Rogues can... die?

Rogues are having the same issues WW / DK / Healing priests are having.. THey all need some serious loving.

Pretty much all this.

This is wrong.

People are choosing to play the elemental playstyle.

People are also choosing to play the rogue playstyle.

Levelling a new character is a non-factor.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Re-spec is easier than a re-roll you scrubs.

& stop talking about how OP any class was in a certain patch - who cares, it's over. Can't qq all your life, let it go bros.
Edited by Sneaknaround on 12/5/2012 5:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ele is fine in its traditional comps. It's actually stronger than it was in Cata imo, but you are limited as you always have been in comp selection.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Because the issues presented in this thread are inseparably connected, and there is no way either one can be addressed without the opposing group suffering as a result.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/05/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Yonä
Ele is fine in its traditional comps. It's actually stronger than it was in Cata imo, but you are limited as you always have been in comp selection.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Re-spec is easier than a re-roll you scrubs.

& stop talking about how OP any class was in a certain patch - who cares, it's over. Can't qq all your life, let it go bros.

Yes, but it's not that hard. If you truly are hating your class (which is different than being a bad class), then you should reroll. You cannot pull the class thing anymore. Elemental shaman is a class, just like rogues.

Rogues have 3 specs but all have the same general playstyle. Shamans have 3 specs, but 3 have COMPLETELY different playstyles.
Reply Quote
75 Human Death Knight
Telling a Hybrid dps to just respec resto is ridiculous.

You idiots do realize that not everyone wants to heal? Some people actually enjoy playing elemental or enhance, or boomkin, or Ret, and that by being "forced" to respec into a healer often means having to completely start over regearing your character since the gear doesn't cross over, and that this also entails having to find a new team to play with as a healer and relearning how to play an almost completely different playstyle in some cases.

Going from Assassination --> Sub is a lot easier than just switching from Resto --> Feral or Enhance --> Resto.

You might as well just reroll a whole new class. To which point both hybrids and pure's are in the same boat.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Shammies should go resto and rogues should become ferals.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
yea!! and while we're at it, lets make arcane mages, holy priests, and prot paladin good too!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Telling a Hybrid dps to just respec resto is ridiculous.

You idiots do realize that not everyone wants to heal? Some people actually enjoy playing elemental or enhance, or boomkin, or Ret, and that by being "forced" to respec into a healer often means having to completely start over regearing your character since the gear doesn't cross over, and that this also entails having to find a new team to play with as a healer and relearning how to play an almost completely different playstyle in some cases.

Going from Assassination --> Sub is a lot easier than just switching from Resto --> Feral or Enhance --> Resto.

You might as well just reroll a whole new class. To which point both hybrids and pure's are in the same boat.

Respec / reroll / Deal with it. Those are your options.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
[quote]
Rogues were incredibly op in vanilla bc and cata tho in cata i knew a rogue that was 1700 he got legendaries and within a week he was 2400 bam like that. A 2400 ele is a 12 year old boy's dream. Rogues in vanilla 1 shotted with ambush (i know there was no arena) in bc they still were doing incredible damage and i wasnt playing during much of wrath but i did see multiple 2700 rogues on my server in wotlk so they couldnt have been that bad. Ele sustained damage=13k lightning bolts with 2-3k flame shock ticks. Our burst is incredible but we lack mobility and survivability way more than rogues. As far as mobility we can speca freedom totem thats it. As far as survivability pick your poison with the talents: Rallying Cry or a 6 second shield wall with a 2 minute cd. You guys got 2 vanishes, cloak of shadows, recup, combat readiness or the feint talent. (The feint talent is basically astral shift without a cd)

i can't comment on WoW during vanilla since i joined shortly after BC started; and even in BC, i sucked pretty bad at pvp, but i remember reading often about rogues being op (as well as a few other classes/comps). as far as cata - we were 'borderline' op until legendaries and heroic T13 gear came out. i never bothered with legendaries or the raid gear, though i remember seeing rogues decked out and just destroy folks (me included). was it wrong? definitely. i thought it was stupid. even the rogues doing it thought it was stupid.

rogues who were able to hit 2300+ in WotLK were usually carried, to an extent, by their teammates. i hit 2275 running with a disc priest (who still had very good offensive burst then) and mm hunter (stupidly op against casters). since the majority of teams were caster cleaves at higher ratings, we had a slight advantage with our hunter. but i'm sure both of my teammates would tell you we didn't utilize a lot of teamwork. i'm willing to guarantee the amount of casters would dwarf the amount of rogues at 2500+ back then on your server.

again, maybe you lack survivability/mobility more than rogues as ele, but what we have doesn't get better if we change specs. assas has better sustained damage, but pathetic energy regen and bad burst.

as far as 2 vanishes: that's if we spec out of our mobility talent.....

cloak? 2 min cd. is it good? definitely, but cd should probably be 1.5min with our current survivability.

recup? .....not real sure why you even mentioned it for this expac (hint: it's horrid now).

we need CR and talented feint. without CR, we go down too easily (see: rogue survivibility without cd's). besides, that's viable only against melee and hunters.

bottom line: dk and rogues are well known this expac to have poor survivability, with dk's having less mobility than rogues. those are two entire classes that have no other spec to choose from so they can be viable. you can still spec resto and be very strong. so for that, people are going to tell you to !@#$ and just spec that if you want higher ratings.

Vanish i ment as a defensive cd btw which it can be used as and shamans have more than 1 talent tree.... weird choices beyond resto
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/05/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Caradagaita

Why play ele if you can just go resto?

If you want to do damage, then why not just play a lock or mage? It's been how many years and elemental was only good when it could take 75% of someones health in a global? You'd think players would have gotten the hint that blizzard has no intention of balancing ele in arena but apparently not.

WORST ARGUMENT EVER. Such an egoist. If you wanna dps with weapons, why don't you just play a Warrior or a DK so???? OMG DUDE.

Because players should have free choice, he wants to deal damage with Shaman, he doesn't want to just spam fear or blanket silences and stuns, he wants Shaman, so he deserves a good and balanced class.

Thank you someone understands :) I love elemental playstyle tried the other casters i dont like it as well elemental is really unique feeling and its a shame it isnt good because healing is to good
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/05/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Crimestopper
yea!! and while we're at it, lets make arcane mages, holy priests, and prot paladin good too!

There's a difference, you idiot.

Mage playstyle regardless of spec involves a lot of similarity.

Elemental and enhance and resto are *completely* different.
Reply Quote
Resto Shams are also on the way out in case no one has noticed. The nerf to totems did in fact mess with the entire Shaman class counter to some of the arguments above that say just go spec Resto. AS if resto was ever faceroll as some of you claim. Never has been a free ride with the shaman class as its always taken both competent play from the shaman and team mates.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]