KFC vs Demo lock/Frost Mage/Holy Pally

90 Human Warrior
I have no clue how we can beat this comp. We start off by stopping the mage's opener, then our hunter tranqs the lock until he has no buffs anymore. We sit on mage because locks seem to never die, pally has bubble and peels and we both just counter mages and by sitting on the demo it seems we don't stop any of his damage. He builds up fury or whatever and then turns red, hunter tries to spam tranq shot and the warlock just kills us. We tried killing lock a few times and he just gets bopped and plays defensively until they have control again. We just die and lose every time.
How do you beat this as KFC? And don't say LoS the chaos wave because they will never let that happen because its what they need to do to win.

TLDR; How do you beat this comp as KFC?
Reply Quote
20 Night Elf Druid
Try cc'ing the lock during his cd's, rather than bludgeoning him mindlessly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Just doesn't work. He goes HAM way too hard and way too fast. The mage forces my trinket or our healer's (paladin) and then they cc our healer along with me while killing our hunter. Usually poly on me, fear on pally, deep on hunter. They just do this over and over and force CDs before we can force theirs.
Edited by Noyoucant on 12/4/2012 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Bump.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Train mage, cc lock and pally, collect pts. Too bad KFC isn't as mindless as it was when you probably first started playing it where you and your hunter pop stampede/one shot macro/roll face on keyboard and someone dies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Sorry. I don't like the comp myself. I like the people I'm playing with and it's what we can play, lol. So stupid to assume that I'm only playing it because it was unbelievably OP and is still a very good comp. I'm a good warrior, not a horrible wannabe. I prefer WLD or WLS. I just don't know how to beat it as this comp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As it will be said, just train the mage and cc pali and lock. Your paladin needs to be assisting with CC on the lock and locks pet. Turn evil the pet on cd and keep freedom on the warrior. Silencing shot the lock out of polys or vice versa to get some breathing room between cds for your healer. try not to focus so much on damage as getting their pali into a cc chain. fear > scatter > trap > hoj > repent > blinding light. the warrior and pet are the damage. the hunter is the utility here. he has to focus on keeping the mage clean of pom, bop, and ice barrier. when hunter is dr'ed with the pali, switch to the lock. The locks damage is pretty unavoidable and he won't be reliable kill target... and leaving the mage will punish you even harder then training the lock. so as soon as you see the lock sac is pet or cds, just pop shield wall or deter asap. once their cds are down, go ham on the mage if you havn't already.

if you are in sewers or ruins, just go for an early opener on the pali. use defensive cds offensively and maybe even have your pali bubble early to keep you both out of ccs. blanket freedoms on the warrior and keep silences on the mage to avoid a ring on your stampede and do work on the pali.

also I would switch up a couple things. drop gag order and reflect and pick up hindering strikes and death from above and also drop mass reflect and pick up safeguard. the dispel on safeguard is huge for countering mages and keeping up the pressure. mass reflect is useless for blood fear, and pom sheeps. even if the mage does stop to cast a sheep, your pali has sac to avoid it if his positioning is poor.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/05/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Lebaguette
Silencing shot the lock out of polys

If you are using silencing shot on anything except stopping your teammates from dying in a deep freeze every 30 sec, you will probably lose in under 2 mins.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Didn't even notice the glyph hahahaha nice and yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking though. Forgot about the turn evil, figured demo locks are so untouchable that their pet would be too. They force a trinket or two in the opener along with a deter or shield wall. I just don't understand warlocks anymore. I haven't been paying much attention for the past few months about game changes besides for what I play and what friends play.

Thanks mayne
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Paetheas
Silencing shot the lock out of polys

If you are using silencing shot on anything except stopping your teammates from dying in a deep freeze every 30 sec, you will probably lose in under 2 mins.

yea and you will die even faster when your healer has to sit in 30 seconds off cc because you didn't stop a blanket blood fear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/05/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Lebaguette
yea and you will die even faster when your healer has to sit in 30 seconds off cc because you didn't stop a blanket blood fear.

Except the game is already over b/c you didnt use silencing shot to stop the mage from killing your partner in a deep with a blanket counter on your healer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Paetheas

Except the game is already over b/c you didnt use silencing shot to stop the mage from killing your partner in a deep with a blanket counter on your healer.

Considering your negative win ratio in 3s, going to assume things aren't working out so well for you strat wise. Yes a silencing shot on a deep is nice and all, but allowing the healer to keep you topped off and out of deep freezes is even better. As long as your healer is free to dispell, you won't have to worry about those pesky deeps so much. The larger issue at play here is the fact there is so many instant cc's. Its very situational, but keeping your healer free todo their job is more important then you blanketing the mage. if you allow them to cc your healer to often, you are essentially playing 2v3.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
You shouldn't win against that comp. They have far to many outs. Training the mage is just going to allow the lock to go full dps..

You won't keep the lock CCed, and if we are talking about demo...Your healer is going to eat blood fear - axe toss - blood fear - shadowfury - improved counter spell. That combo can be set up every 30secs and it's all instant.

During that CC chain if the lock has built fury one of you will be dead when it's over. Mage/Lock CC was always retarded but now that locks can't be killed especially with a holy paladin healing them, and you can't stop the fear you are screwed.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
12/06/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Paetheas

It doesn't matter because even with the chaos wave nerf. With full cooldowns the lock can down someone with little to no help from the mage if he has a full fury bar.

If you blow silencing shot to stop the mage burst you are just ensuring the healer eats a long cc chain.

If you try to prevent the cc chain the mage/lock burst will kill someone in 2-3 globals.

It's really a lose lose.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
TWO
12/04/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Noyoucant
Just doesn't work. He goes HAM way too hard and way too fast. The mage forces my trinket or our healer's (paladin) and then they cc our healer along with me while killing our hunter. Usually poly on me, fear on pally, deep on hunter. They just do this over and over and force CDs before we can force theirs.

You guys have multiple instant CC's on that comp. save your fear for their burst and avoid it.... save your trink until your pally tells you he cant get that deep or w.e. when lock burst Sshot or scater him while also ccing the mage.
Reply Quote
KFC destroys pretty much any mage comp. and with the damage buff from 5.1 it should be relatively easy. Since the lock has all instant cast as demo. it doesn't make any sense to sit him so tunnel the mage. Put all CC on the paladin and stop all mage frost bombs through the use of petstun/pummel/silenceshot/scatter/shockwave etc. Also, if you silence shot the mage as your warrior stuns him you will get an iceblock right away...shouldn't be too tough since kfc and war/feral/heal are insane right now
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/06/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Lebaguette
Considering your negative win ratio in 3s, going to assume things aren't working out so well for you strat wise.

Considering ive been 100 points higher than you in 3s, i'd say im doing better than you.

I understand that you like playing an extremely OP comp like lock/mage/healer, but that doesn't mean you can downplay their OP'ness.

What you fail to understand is that mage/lock teams dont need to set up 30 sec long CC chains to kill someone. You trying to save your silencing shot for the lock when your healer eats a poly means you have already lost. The mage will simply blanket counter your healer(or the lock will pet stun), or the mage will pom ring, and now your partner dies b/c he eats a full deep freeze.

Negating half of an enemies team burst when they are trying to land a kill > using your only wizard peel to stop 2-3 secs of CC on your healer.

Of course there are situations where it would be beneficial to silencing shot the lock instead of using it on a deep freeze, but those situations are few and far between compared to a mage/lock team scoring a kill during a 4 sec CC on a healer with chaos wave/deep freeze or a combo of both.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Easy.

Havent read the comments but I see you play with a Holy Pally your self

You can make that demo locks CDs worthless by BoPing the person getting it.

BoP stops chaos wave because chaos wave is technically physical damage not magic

one BoP per CD, you will have BoP for 2/3 of em, then hopefully by the 3rd one its game or play def in CC
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
jesussssssssssssssssssss christtttttttttttt

why is there so much hate in this thread?

Thank you for anybody that was trying to contribute but calling other people out doesn't do any good.

Seeing as how its the type of person I am though, I will hop on the wagon of hate.

Yo mage, you get block forced if you can't blink out of a shockwave? Are you like.. retarded? or HORRIBLE? Unless the warrior pops reck with badge or other cds, you suck. you suck. you suck. you suck. You would have to block or getting bopped with cds up yeah, but not just a shockwave hahhahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]